"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Just another progress journal (JAPJ)

WBAFC

Don Juan
Joined
May 9, 2004
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia
I probably won't get very far, but at least I have to try. I'm tired of being a complete AFC. And I know the only way, that I'll get some motivation and keep it up regularly is if I post on the board. Maybe their should be a separate forum for boot camp progress journals :S. Anyway starting tomorrow, see how it goes.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

WBAFC

Don Juan
Joined
May 9, 2004
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia
week 1, day 1

Walked to my friend's computer gaming place today, which I'll call AFC temple from now on. Passed several people, but couldn't get them to give me EC. Out of desperation, I said "g'day" to someone walking passed, but he didn't seem to take much notice.

Anyway started conversation with a little geek at the LAN. But it was pretty one sided it involved me saying "If you TK me one more time I'm going to punch you in the ****ing head". He left the LAN shortly after.

Anyway one more "g'day" when I was walking the dog, too a taxi driver and got a reply. I think I'll be able to pass this week though if I do dedicate some time to it.

Total hi tally: 2
 

isotope

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 10, 2003
Messages
238
Reaction score
0
Location
Gville, Florida
good job, keep us updated
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

WBAFC

Don Juan
Joined
May 9, 2004
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia
Boot camp related goals

Thanks to bishop for suggesting the idea. Don't know how many I'll achieve, if any though.

#1 - Not make so many enemies. I have a habit of gaining too many enemies, and I want to reverse the situation. Which brings me to my next goal.

#2 - Make more friends. And be able to become friend's easily upon meeting people.

#3 - Gain respect. Particularly from my Dad, I have trouble disagreeing with him and also from my fellow class mates. The main reason, I don't have much respect is because I'm shy and am not as honest as I should be.

#4 - Gain Confidence. Have no fear. Come out of my shell and reek the rewards that come with it. This would help me so much in almost ever aspect of my life.

#5 - Get revenge. Among my many enemies, I have one main one. Who has stolen from me, punched me, spread rumours about me and insulted me on more then one occasion. I've confronted him, and told him to stop many times. And complained to school staff many times to which no notice had been taken. So I figure the matter must be dealt with, by me.

#6 - Achieve my potential. Pretty much the same as destroying procrastination. To achieve what I'm capable of.

#7 - Be honest. To myself and others. Their have been so many times, my Mum asks. Done all your home work? Or how are you going in school? I just reply yes or good. Even though, I'm behind. I want to reply honestly, and it still to be yes and good. And because I bull ****, I lose my respect and independence. My Mum now asks to check my work, and asks the teachers to email her if something hasn't been handed in.

#8 - Kill procrastination and laziness. To be honest, this post is just to get me out of doing my English Writing assignment. I know I can achieve things if I put my mind to it, I'm just to damn lazy. This replies to academic and social life.

#9 - Be a good conversationalist. Includes, good at public speaking, become skilled at C&F, be witty and come up with good replies.

#10 - Don't take ****. Learn to stand up for myself. Return insults with comebacks. And not let myself be walked over.

isotope - thanks and will try continueing as long as possible.
Mike - to late.
 

WBAFC

Don Juan
Joined
May 9, 2004
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia
Week 1, Day 2

Spent the day doing my English writing assignment. My uncle came in to visit though. Who is my DJ model. He's 50 years old, and can get 18 year old blonds, with the click of his fingers. But family wise, he's my anti role model. He just got back from a trip to Japan, that he took while my Grandad was dying in hospital. He also rips my Mum off, getting her to buy stuff that he has a cut of the money from. Which made me think, you have to be good at both things as a DJ. Don't sacrifice your family for the sake of having women all over you, or money.

Anyway my Dad told me to take my little sister to see Harry Potter 3. As we went into the cinema. I started crouching as I walked around because I didn't want to be seen by any of my friend's younger brother's or sister's. While I was doing this my little sister tapped me on the shoulder and said. "Stop it, your embarrassing me". It appeared that my hitman like crouching had attracted more attention, then it avoided. As everyone was wondering what I was doing. Anyway when we left the cinema I went on a frenzy of hi's to some people we past. Well five. Close enough. My sister asked me who they were, to which I replied "Tom, Vincent, Alice, Bob and Sam.", she looked shocked and said "jeez you know a lot of people". I laughed.

Total Hi Tally: 7
 

JSH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 20, 2003
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
London
Re: Boot camp related goals

Originally posted by WBAFC
Thanks to bishop for suggesting the idea. Don't know how many I'll achieve, if any though.

#1 - Not make so many enemies. I have a habit of gaining too many enemies, and I want to reverse the situation. Which brings me to my next goal.

#2 - Make more friends. And be able to become friend's easily upon meeting people.

#3 - Gain respect. Particularly from my Dad, I have trouble disagreeing with him and also from my fellow class mates. The main reason, I don't have much respect is because I'm shy and am not as honest as I should be.

#4 - Gain Confidence. Have no fear. Come out of my shell and reek the rewards that come with it. This would help me so much in almost ever aspect of my life.

#5 - Get revenge. Among my many enemies, I have one main one. Who has stolen from me, punched me, spread rumours about me and insulted me on more then one occasion. I've confronted him, and told him to stop many times. And complained to school staff many times to which no notice had been taken. So I figure the matter must be dealt with, by me.

#6 - Achieve my potential. Pretty much the same as destroying procrastination. To achieve what I'm capable of.

#7 - Be honest. To myself and others. Their have been so many times, my Mum asks. Done all your home work? Or how are you going in school? I just reply yes or good. Even though, I'm behind. I want to reply honestly, and it still to be yes and good. And because I bull ****, I lose my respect and independence. My Mum now asks to check my work, and asks the teachers to email her if something hasn't been handed in.

#8 - Kill procrastination and laziness. To be honest, this post is just to get me out of doing my English Writing assignment. I know I can achieve things if I put my mind to it, I'm just to damn lazy. This replies to academic and social life.

#9 - Be a good conversationalist. Includes, good at public speaking, become skilled at C&F, be witty and come up with good replies.

#10 - Don't take ****. Learn to stand up for myself. Return insults with comebacks. And not let myself be walked over.

isotope - thanks and will try continueing as long as possible.
Mike - to late.
Thats all good, and we are all here to help, its not too late to do as microphone said, just start a new account and continue posting here. Good Luck
 

Duke

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 16, 2003
Messages
914
Reaction score
17
Age
40
Location
Louisiana
Re: Boot camp related goals

Originally posted by WBAFC
Thanks to bishop for suggesting the idea. Don't know how many I'll achieve, if any though.

#1 - Not make so many enemies. I have a habit of gaining too many enemies, and I want to reverse the situation. Which brings me to my next goal.

#2 - Make more friends. And be able to become friend's easily upon meeting people.
How do you plan to do this? You need CHARISMA. Be warm and genial-- give sincere compliments when you see a window for them. Always try to be in a good mood and NEVER complain. Find the similarities in people instead of the differences.


#3 - Gain respect. Particularly from my Dad, I have trouble disagreeing with him and also from my fellow class mates. The main reason, I don't have much respect is because I'm shy and am not as honest as I should be.
Typically, people will respect you when you are confident in yourself... which leads us to:


#4 - Gain Confidence. Have no fear. Come out of my shell and reek the rewards that come with it. This would help me so much in almost ever aspect of my life.
Yes, it does indeed help you in all aspects. Read Senor Fingers' "Weapons of Mass Seduction" for a good crash-course on "coming out of your shell" and being who you want to be.


#5 - Get revenge. Among my many enemies, I have one main one. Who has stolen from me, punched me, spread rumours about me and insulted me on more then one occasion. I've confronted him, and told him to stop many times. And complained to school staff many times to which no notice had been taken. So I figure the matter must be dealt with, by me.
Lol! Hold on there padnuh! Revenge will only lead you into a cycle of destruction. Be assertive and stand up for yourself, but do NOT actively seek revenge.


#6 - Achieve my potential. Pretty much the same as destroying procrastination. To achieve what I'm capable of.
I'm working on this very same goal. If only I killed procrastination, I'd get 10x as many things accomplished as I do now. Still seeking advice on this one, though I believe there's a chapter on procrastination in the book "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill. Hmmm


#7 - Be honest. To myself and others. Their have been so many times, my Mum asks. Done all your home work? Or how are you going in school? I just reply yes or good. Even though, I'm behind. I want to reply honestly, and it still to be yes and good. And because I bull ****, I lose my respect and independence. My Mum now asks to check my work, and asks the teachers to email her if something hasn't been handed in.
You have it in your power RIGHT NOW to be honest, but what is it that you REALLY seek? If I'm right, then you seek to take PRIDE in your honesty, and the only to do that is to strive toward positive goals, which you have already started to do. So good job!


#8 - Kill procrastination and laziness. To be honest, this post is just to get me out of doing my English Writing assignment. I know I can achieve things if I put my mind to it, I'm just to damn lazy. This replies to academic and social life.
Bah. Don't tell yourself that you're lazy or you'll start believing it!! No, you are not lazy. You have just been UNMOTIVATED to take action. You want some motivation? Read Photo1's DJBible post "For guys who just can't approach." Remember that your life is ticking away, second by second. Soon you will be old, wrinkly, and undesirable. HOP TO IT.


#9 - Be a good conversationalist. Includes, good at public speaking, become skilled at C&F, be witty and come up with good replies.
This comes with constant practice. If you need to, talk in front of a mirror. Practice telling jokes. Try to be active in conversations that go on around you. Even if you think that what you say will be stupid, say it anyway! Once you start to ease into the social pool, you will naturally become more comfortable with talking and expressing your opinions.


#10 - Don't take ****. Learn to stand up for myself. Return insults with comebacks. And not let myself be walked over.
Absolutely. You shouldn't and don't have to take disrespect from anybody. If they are joking with you, then nail them back! If they are truly disrespecting you, then call their bullshyt. The first person to stand up for you has to be YOU. No one else will.

That said, GOOD JOB on starting a progress journal. You are actually making an effort to get out on the field, and this puts you ahead of 90% of the guys around here.

Keep us updated!
Oh yeah, and change your name-- "As you think, you shall become!!"

-Duke
 

WBAFC

Don Juan
Joined
May 9, 2004
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia
Thanks JSH. But I kind of like my nick anyway, it's charismatic. heh. And to Duke, thanks as well and all points are noted. But as the count said "Nothing shall stand between me and my revenge". Well I think he said something like that. And I'll have to check out that book you recommended "Think and grow Rich". I remember seeing a link to the ebook posted somewhere on the forums. I'll have to do a search.

Week 1, Day 3

Queen's Birthday today. One reason Australia should have stayed a monarchy, is because on the Queen's birthday it's a public holiday. So I had the day off. Spent it doing more home work because school's about to start. And moving a washing machine round, so didn't get any time do one of the one hour EC and hi tasks. But when I was walking my Dog, I got another five Hi's. If I get the chance to do a one hour of EC practice as the boot camp suggests, then I think I'll be bale to get up to 50. But haven't had the time so far this week. Only four days to go, better pull my finger out.

Total Hi Tally: 12
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

WBAFC

Don Juan
Joined
May 9, 2004
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia
Week 1, Day 4

Rained all day and didn't get the chance to go out. Read that book though, "Think and grow rich", and also another one called "The Road to gold" or something like that. "Think and grow rich" was particularly interesting, recommended to all. Only got one hi, to the only person I saw but school starts tomorrow after the long holidays, and on the way home I should be able to get a lot of hi's.

Totally Hi Tally: 13
 

WBAFC

Don Juan
Joined
May 9, 2004
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia
Week 1, Day 5

Still raining, decided to prepare my speach on fight club for school. Only got 1 high today while walking the dog. meh.
 

WBAFC

Don Juan
Joined
May 9, 2004
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia
week 1, Day 6

Day went amazing, Got 20 hi's in about 10 minutes. Because I was walking into town just after 5:00pm. To go to rugby training, and everyone was walking out of town. So I got out heaps of hi's. 19. I noticed that the people that reply the least are middle aged women. I didn't get any replies from them. But I had about a 50% reply rate. Which is pretty **** for Australia in which it's uncommon not to reply.

Total hi tally: 33
 

WBAFC

Don Juan
Joined
May 9, 2004
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia
Week 1, Day 7

Went into town to buy fight club, have a driving lesson and visit AFC temple. Long story short, I got my 17 needed, so now I have my 50. I noticed that middle age women reply the least out of everyone that I talked to. In fact I got no replies. I had about a 50% reply rate from people. I now have no fear at all with EC and saying Hi. Which is what I wanted. Complete mastery not just a ****ing number to it. Next week is going to be hard, I'm going to have to scheme for the first few convo's but I want complete mastery with this as well, any convo any time. Won't be able to update my progress until monday. But hopfully I'll have a convo or two by then. It's going to be ****ing hard for me, because I've never started up a convo, with someone that I don't know out of school. Well not that I can remember, that's how ****ing AFC I am. Anyway should be good. Feel free to comment :p.

Chow.
 

WBAFC

Don Juan
Joined
May 9, 2004
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia
Week 2, Day 1

Finally got inspired to start Week 2 of the bootcamp. Went skiing today, and managed to get my convo tally up to one while I went up the T-Bar, because I couldn't be bothered waiting for the rest of my family to catch up. Conversation only went for about 2-3 minutes as that's as long as it took to reach the top. He was about 60 and taking his grandson skiing. He also asked me why my hands were covered in blood and I had spent most of the conversation explaining about how I got too much air off a jump.

Total convo tally: 1
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

WBAFC

Don Juan
Joined
May 9, 2004
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia
Week 2, day 2

caught the bus early this morning and their was a new exchange student on the bus. I didn't notice him until I got off and had a few minute conversation with him on the way to school. I didn't find it too nerv racking because he couldn't speak English that well. I'm sure he found it a lot scarier then me. Anyway I'm going to have trouble to meet the quota. I also don't just want to have ten conversations with random people by my name but I want to have no fear talking to people. If you have any idea's or suggestions leave a post, as no body's replying :(.

Total convo tally: 2
 
Last edited:

david90

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
423
Reaction score
0
just know that it's tuff to be a dj in trianing so don't get all sad if u don't meet the quota.
 

WBAFC

Don Juan
Joined
May 9, 2004
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia
Week 2, Day 3

Went to play my Wednesday night game of underwater hockey today. Got two conversation's with two people I sort of know. My sister's friends. And then I helped the guy scoring one of the games while I was waiting for my sister to finish, and got to talk to a couple of players from the state university team not for very long and they were initiating most of the conversation which was disappointing from my part. Tomorrow is the last day of school for the week because of moderation at school so hopefully after it I'll be able to get a few more conversations in with some gamer's at AFC temple. But yeah week 2 is going to go on until I have no fear talking to people and can keep the conversation going on for ages.

Total Convo Tally: 4

P.S Thanks for the reply David.
 

gav

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
1,128
Reaction score
3
hey man, looks like you're doing well. keep up the effort

i tried a bootcamp of my own last year, where the basic goal was to say hi and talk to as many people as possible and become an outspoken, outgoing and loud person. although it didn't last long, it had a major impact on my life, since it banished my shyguy image from everyone, including myself. now, everything comes naturally; i don't have to think "should i talk to this person or not, should i say hi"; i just do it, because it's who i am now; i'm someone who will say hi to strangers all over the place and who will start up convos or at least try to with people if there's a chance. i've noticed my friends copying me now and it's good to know i'm making the world a more social place.

as for your goals. number one about trying not to make enemies - scrap that! you are NOT going to walk on eggshells. DJs don't care what other people think about them. This is one of my three rules - be yourself (self-improving-self) and if other people don't like you, fvck em.

number 3 - duke's spot on

number 4 - coming out of your shell. there are a few important things to this. the first is becoming more social and you are doing well at this already. the second is in how you think. you must build character. you'll already have some i'm sure, but you need to strengthen your character. by now you should have your own opinion on a lot of things. now you must learn to express them without caring what other people think. they are your opinions and you are entitled to them. they are just as much a part of yourself as your hair or eyecolour so like i said before, if people don't agree with them or actually hate you for them, fvck em, it doesn't matter what they think. i remember in my late high school years being surrounded by one of the hottest girls in the school and one of the most popular guys in the school and they asked me what type of music i was listening to (which was trance (which i love)) and i knew they hated it so i said "oh it's just some shyt music, some dance" in a weak, pansy-ass voice. GRRR, how mad that makes me thinking about saying that.
one more thing about expressing opinions, try to keep them as positive as possible. i think you mentioned trying to see things more positively in your goals. that's good. don't talk shyt about anyone else. find something good to say about someone even if everyone else is putting them down.
a lot of my conversation with people is simply me expressing my opinion on things. e.g. i really like the rain; getting soaked makes me feel great; and i make a lot of conversation because i have so many opinions on things.
here's one helluva great post on shyness and all the rest of it. http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16180
read this many times, especially pook's replies. i think the bit about shy people thinking everyone is looking at them is absolute gold

one last thing. building mental strength, hence confidence in yourself (self-respect), hence the respect of others for you.
you mention procrastination and laziness. who isn't lazy at some point? the fact that you've thought about it and care about changing it separates you from a large percentage of the population! in fact, this whole boot camp does! so how can you get over it? willpower. you know what you have to do, all you have to do is do it. so make another bootcamp for your other goals. make goals like "study 30 mins a day; write 30 mins a day about anything (helps a lot)". also, are you working out? are you fat or skinny? get on over to the health and fitness bit and make a consistent plan based on the info over there. working out makes you feel a lot better, and if you can succeed with your body, you can succeed with your mind.

good luck,
gav
 

WBAFC

Don Juan
Joined
May 9, 2004
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia
Week 2, Day 3

Disappointed with my progress today. Had lot's of chances but didn't make a move.

Total Convo Tally: Still 4

Gav

Thanks for the long reply. I too have read that post before and think it's great as it deal's with hard facts, but never bothered to read the replies by pook. And I want to be able to reach your objective of just being able to talk to people without having to think about it, I also have a problem keeping the conversation with people I haven't met before going after the Ice Breaker and will also have to improve on that. I don't know why though because I can easily talk to my friends for ages.

I also agree on expressing your opinions and in the past I've just told people what they wanted to hear. But over the last year I have nearly put a stop to it. I'm also going to make a boot camp for my other goals today and post it tonight. The rugby season just finished so I probably should get some more exercise, the only excercose i'm doing at the moment is lunch time soccer and walking the dog and if you say it makes you feel really good I might give it a bash.

Height: 190 cm
Weight: 93 Kg

P.S getting soaked rocks :p. And I find it easier to sleep when it's raining.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Top