"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Just a funny thing that happened

MountainSlide

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 17, 2014
Messages
612
Reaction score
357
I had this girl over at my house and we were having a good time. At some point during the evening, unbeknownst to me, my ex messaged my cell. The girl that I was with responded to her, “He’s busy right now”. Now the ex keeps messaging me. I think it’s funny that the cheating hoe ex freaks out over me being with some new when she couldn’t stay loyal in the relationship.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Serenity

Moderator
Joined
Aug 19, 2013
Messages
5,150
Reaction score
5,056
Age
35
Location
Eye of the storm
Your ex being stupid isn't the funniest part, I find it hilarious that a girl you had over just casually picks up your phone and respond with that.

Btw, why don't you lock your phone like a normal person?
 

MountainSlide

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 17, 2014
Messages
612
Reaction score
357
Your ex being stupid isn't the funniest part, I find it hilarious that a girl you had over just casually picks up your phone and respond with that.

Btw, why don't you lock your phone like a normal person?
My phone locks. But you can respond to texts while it’s locked. I thought it was pretty funny
 

dude99

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 1, 2016
Messages
2,550
Reaction score
3,105
Age
53
My phone locks. But you can respond to texts while it’s locked. I thought it was pretty funny
Chicks can't handle it when you move on. They see an orbiter leaving their orbit, and validation stopping. No more attention.

It is the same as rejection. You moved on. You rejected her. And we all know most women do not handle rejection very well since they rarely have to face it.
 

badboyjmm

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 25, 2010
Messages
420
Reaction score
44
Location
Canada
Definitely funny, Gotta love it. You want to know how a woman feels about you ? Have another woman around ! Works everytime.

If that first woman doesn't react, she doesn't like you like that
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Serenity

Moderator
Joined
Aug 19, 2013
Messages
5,150
Reaction score
5,056
Age
35
Location
Eye of the storm
Chicks can't handle it when you move on. They see an orbiter leaving their orbit, and validation stopping. No more attention.

It is the same as rejection. You moved on. You rejected her. And we all know most women do not handle rejection very well since they rarely have to face it.
Yeah, her reaction is purely egocentric. It has nothing to do with love. Sadly some guys can't tell the difference, fortunately OP can.
 

andreihaha

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 24, 2019
Messages
866
Reaction score
830
Age
33
I had this girl over at my house and we were having a good time. At some point during the evening, unbeknownst to me, my ex messaged my cell. The girl that I was with responded to her, “He’s busy right now”. Now the ex keeps messaging me. I think it’s funny that the cheating hoe ex freaks out over me being with some new when she couldn’t stay loyal in the relationship.
This kind of girl is trouble. But also really fun to be with. Met one or two like this so far. Good memories.
Really enjoed your story ;)
 

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 3, 2012
Messages
907
Reaction score
1,020
I had this girl over at my house and we were having a good time. At some point during the evening, unbeknownst to me, my ex messaged my cell. The girl that I was with responded to her, “He’s busy right now”. Now the ex keeps messaging me. I think it’s funny that the cheating hoe ex freaks out over me being with some new when she couldn’t stay loyal in the relationship.
If you didn’t give that girl Permission to respond to that text, that’s a red flag. So if she responded without your permission you should’ve called her out on it.

-Augustus-
 
Top