Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ju Jitsu is meh in real life

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Concealed carry permit has come in handy many times. A group of drunk rednecks tried to start with me and probably gang rape my date in a parking lot until they saw I was packing heat. Changed their tune real quick.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go to tactical gun range instead. Guns win everytime over some "fights going to the ground bro"
Guns win every time...from a distance. The FBI's minimum safe distance is something like 18 feet. And that is for a trained fbi agent. It's not winning when you get stabbed before the other guy bleeds out.

And furthermore, if I for some reason had to carry a gun, I would make the study of grappling a top priority in my life. Lose a wrestling match over your own gun, and that is the end of you.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Concealed carry permit has come in handy many times. A group of drunk rednecks tried to start with me and probably gang rape my date in a parking lot until they saw I was packing heat. Changed their tune real quick.
Try that in NY or NJ.. I wish you luck and hope you have a good lawyer. In CT, not that bad though. We give the CCP out like candy.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was thinking about going to one opening up down the street, would prefer an "MMA" one that has students fighting in Real matches locally, but it's a little too far. Tony Ferguson (Padilla) is pretty inspiring. Still, if he's up against a trained person 50lbs heavier it would be kinda bad like here:

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You really need to add muay thai to ju jitsu training so you'd have the knowledge on how to defend yourself both on your feet as well as on your back when in take down mode. Personally, my favorate move is when they throw the punch, grab their arm, turn it back, hyper-extend it and then a palm punch into the solarplex. That usually disables them enough to neutralize the situation. If you go for the throat, you could kill the person. In this day and age, the police and DA would say you used excessive force not warranted for the situation. Obviously, if your life is in danger, a sweep to knock the dude down, hyper-extend the arm to dislocate, then a swift punch to the center of the throat. If one doesn't want to do too much damage, then it can be an open jab where the space between your thumb and index finger reside to ensure neutralizing the actor, but not causing any major internal bleeding or breathing issues.
Yes I want to pick up Muy Thai. I will in the future. The gyms are not as popular as BJJ gyms in my area though. Thanks for the fight tips man.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
love this guy check him out and tell me what you think
I would had jabbed to the right, then the left, center and an fake upper-cut only to jab again into his side. Then, right into the face with my left after contact. But hey, that's just me.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
keep in mind most "citizens" are not trained ! So you have to use precautions of course
Yes, I agree. I stated on how I'd neutralize a person w/o doing serious bodily harm to them. I live in Bridgeport, CT, and in Hartford, CT prior. I've had to hand myself on more than a few times. I've been detained due to excessive force before. Luckily the actors either had a concealed weapon of some sort or were so high on drugs one would have no choice but to use excessive force to neutralize them.

As always, training is important for all. However, unless the person is a trained fighter, holding a deadily weapon or is high on meth; it shouldn't be too hard to neutralize a person. More than half don't even know how to throw a punch; let alone defend themselves from one. Most people go for the head, but with any basic training, a person would know to go for the largest part of the body... The chest, back or a combo of chest along with a sweep of the leg to take them down. After that, it's all over. At worst case scenario, one can throw a punch and then knee the dude in the groin; then lights out when he's on his knees.

Most fights only last a few seconds anyway when it's experience vs none.

rip them off

Banned
Reaction score
If you end up in a standing guillotine, his nuts are easily grabbed. A lot of BJJ makes no sense to me. Letting people get within arm's reach of you, and STAYING there, willfully, is a big no-no in my book. Too many bad things can happen, way too fast, from too many angles. Far better to "make space' (any way that you can or have to) is a far better answer. The gun is an even better answer, as long as you also have un-armed abilities to go with it, and know how to smash people with it, too. Well over 100 million adults in the US now have the option of concealed carry. If you do and you choose not to, you're a fool.