Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Joint surname??? NO WAY IN HELL!!!

Would you consider having a joint (hyphenated) last name with your wife?

• Yes

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • No

Votes: 33 89.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingBeef

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was thinking today how i'm just seeing more and more men with these "hyphenated" surnames (joint husband and wife last names) :crazy: . I may be old fashion but I think giving my name to my woman (if she exists and is truly worthy of it) is one of the GREATEST GIFTS A MAN CAN GIVE A WOMAN.

Call me sexist, but nothing feels great to a man when his woman takes his name, has his children and becomes his intimate partner in life. I'm still a man, but she becomes the "backbone and the Love that holds the family together" and i'm not ashamed to say that.

HOWEVER, for me personally I would never ever consider changing my name....THE ONLY POSSIBLE EXCEPTION IS IF SHE HAS NO ONE IN HER FAMILY TO CONTINUE THE FAMILY LEGACY "NAME THAT IS" AND EVEN THEN I'M DOUBTFUL....

I'm looking at couples that have done it and in EVERY CASE I SEE WOMEN WHO ARE EITHER DOMINANT OVER THERE MEN, MEN WHO ARE TOO SUPLICATING, WEAK OR JUST DESPERATE.....

Any thoughts???

coolf1r3

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah, man. I'm still a long way from marraige, but this is the ultimate control. Your name is your identity.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When a woman accepts your surname she is starting a new family with you. Its a whole new family, a whole new generation. When she keeps her current last name she is basically keeping her fathers last name. Why would she keep her fathers when she is about to start a whole new family of her own with you?

1-2

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hell no I'm not changing or hyphenating my name, under any circumstance. I don't care if she's the last of her line and her dad finds the cure for AIDS. Not happening.

OTB

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dropping bombs on AFC strongholds in the city that
I wonder who were the two people that voted "Yes" in this poll :confused:

Hopefully they can give us some reasoning to why they chose to think in this way....

Cashew

Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't change my name and would expect for her to take mine and not do any weird hyphenated crap, but I thought of an example I know that's a little different from the two options in the poll.

My uncle did not change his surname. His wife changed her's to a hyphenated version. Their daughter also has the hyphenated version.

DarkShade

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Retarded modern feminist bull$hit, hyphenated names. I'm waiting on someone to get a name like Dixie C0ck-Face

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Funny thing is, when women retort about keeping their last name, hyphenated or not, after marriage with, "I don't want to take another man's name."....they don't realize that they already took another man's name when they were born...their father. :crackup:

Reaction score
I would consider having a joint surname with my wife.

Why? Why not?

If my girl is respectful to me like a good and healthy person, and we are two equals who know and accept their place as man and woman, then I am in no way threatened in my masculinity or my manhood to have her surname added to my own.

It'll give issues with our children about which name they'll choose, because keeping all those names (assuming they adhere to the same strategy) will make for endless surnames within only a few generations. So there are practical considerations to consider.

For that reason I would keep my own name. I don't want to see my name lost when my children all choose my wife's name and not mine. I think that employing this joint surname strategy is a step towards a society where women become empowered in place where they shouldn't be. Because sadly, like men, there are women who can't handle power and they'll abuse it. Like feminists do.

No way in hell I'll take on my wife's name and loose mine. That goes too far. I don't mind showing her name on top of mine to show we're an entity now, but it is men who provide the name. So taking on her name alone is where my masculinity DOES feel threatened. :D

I agree though that usually having joint surnames is feminist bullsh*t by women who want to claim a stake in a spot where they have nothing to claim. Feminists usually. I wouldn't marry such a woman, and joining surnames on such a basis is absolutely out of the question for me.

The Bat, when a woman's born, she doesn't take on another man's name. Her father's name is her own, like your father's name is yours. I really think that's a little misguided of you to say.

Of course, a woman saying she doesn't want to take on another man's name, when that man is to be with her for the rest of her life, or rather she is to be with him for the rest of her life, to me shows a lack of dedication to her man. Not a very good sign. A woman who is really there for the both of you together, has no problems taking on your name.

A man who's in it for the both also has no problems in principle with taking on her name as well to signify they are an entity now. However, in the interests of knowing your place and keeping society healthily structured, I think that we should keep the practice of women adopting their husband's name. There should be no discussion about it really.

Any discussion in my opinion is by feminists alone who want to assume more control of things they know nothing about. Women who want to seize and topple the established order, aided by misguided men, because they... well, I don't know why feminists don't want to be proper women really. Someday they'll hopefully realize that it's better to work with us rather than against us and that they'd better respect the way of things.

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Bat, when a woman's born, she doesn't take on another man's name. Her father's name is her own, like your father's name is yours. I really think that's a little misguided of you to say.
Last time I checked, your father is considered "another man" to you. Just like my father is "another man" to me. You are getting lost in the semantics.

A man who's in it for the both also has no problems in principle with taking on her name as well to signify they are an entity now.
That man is really taking on another man's name, and not hers. That another man is her father. Say I marry your daughter, and I take on her name. I'm really taking on YOUR name. Do you see?

If I take her name, I might as well marry her father or her brother.

Reaction score
I suppose I did get lost in semantics. Because I wasn't looking at that.

The Bat said:
That man is really taking on another man's name, and not hers. That another man is her father. Say I marry your daughter, and I take on her name. I'm really taking on YOUR name. Do you see?
Hmm, I hadn't really seen it that way. If you put it this way, even joining names seems a little icky. :D

Then again, if the woman's Good, and her family too, I see no problem in respecting them by joining names. If the woman and her family are good. But again, due to practical, societal and tradition issues, it's really just better if the woman assumes her husband's name.

loving

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
NO because my son must have my name.

That is my responsibility as a man.

I dont know why I say this but you will not make me belive otherwise.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My daughter has my name. She lives in another mans house. But her name is our connection. She is the only one in her house with our name. It's our connection to our family. I remind her that she is one of us.

If a woman is important enough to join our family then she takes on our family name. If she doesn't feel that she is joining a family she shouldn't marry into one.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
When a woman accepts your surname she is starting a new family with you. Its a whole new family, a whole new generation. When she keeps her current last name she is basically keeping her fathers last name. Why would she keep her fathers when she is about to start a whole new family of her own with you?
I would never accept a woman who decided to keep her last name. It's the ultimate form of disrespect to her husband.