Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Jesus was an alien! ...or something

KOSR

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: The real "Jesus"

Originally posted by Bonhomme
Actually, according to a historian I know personally who claims to have "cracked the code" regarding ancient religious thought (and, upon reading the material, I wholeheartedly agree), the answer is much more mundane, yet just as different from the Biblical version as the space alien stuff mentioned above, but it's top secret until their book is published.

I'd hate to take a chance of letting my friend's magnum opus be pirated by spewing it out on a forum.

But this much I will reveal: the man we know as "St Peter" was most likely a Roman Senator named Petronius, who was a noted "hip figure" and bon vivant (as anachronistic as it is to put it that way) of the time, who wrote one of the earliest known novels (the very racy Satyricon), and died a heroic death in one of Nero's purges.

Petronius was also noted as an excellent statesman, and may have escaped an earlier death sentence when he defended Jews who did not wish their religion degraded, but the emperor at the time died, thereby saving him, although it's not absolutely certain that was the same Petronius (records are incomplete).
What religious code? The quick-fix to a happy life? The secret to existence itself? The code to becomming all-eternal?

Sounds more like someone desperately wanting to sell a book.

Look! The secret of life, only 9.95!

Titus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by penkitten
rumor has it that at the end of time, if things start to get real bad.... go to the fields where the aliens do all that crop writting. those are safe havens.

perhaps some alien ship will stop and pick us up?
I always found it funny how people lookad in awe at those signs. Imagine this: if some of them are ET made, maybe they are just some sort of big letters. Maybe it's something like the big H on every helipod platform for them or "free beer, land here" in their language. :D

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Figure of speech

"Cracked the code" in that context, was a figure of speech.

This person is such a poor "salesman" that I ride them all the time for not putting their stuff out already, and letting the buzz do the marketing (a la Blair Witch Project).

A genius of a historian who is practically retarded when it comes to marketing.

It actually reads more as a history textbook than any religious mumbo-jumbo. Like I said, mundane. The folks looking for an alien Jesus will be almost as put off as the religious types.

Even to explain the rationale behind it would be enough for many people to "put 2 and 2 together" and suss out the man behind the myth. Hundreds of historians will be smacking their foreheads saying "why didn't I think of that?".

Straight-out history, not about the "secret of life" at all.

Speaking of things attributed to aliens, this person is also putting out a volume that explains just how the Egyptian pyramids were made: they didn't have to move all those big blocks; they were made of a sort of cement, cast right in place, and smoothed out with a trowel.

All the laborers had to do was carry "buckets of mud". That not only explains how they got up there, but why the "blocks" fit together so perfectly... and why the backsides of the blocks that were not visible were rough and irregular.

I figured with all this talk of aliens our resident Kentuckian would make an apperance. :D

Spike_the_Dragon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I always heard that when the end times come we should head for the mountains... unless you don't get raptured up to heaven like all the other goody-goodies that is.:p

My father always said that we were living in the end times. Funny thing is, I'm kinda starting see it in some ways. Now I don't believe any of that 'four horsemen of the apocalypse' stuff... but I do think that things are going to change pretty soon.

I say let the grid go down... we don't need it.:cool:

Titus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Spike_the_Dragon
I always heard that when the end times come we should head for the mountains... unless you don't get raptured up to heaven like all the other goody-goodies that is.:p

My father always said that we were living in the end times. Funny thing is, I'm kinda starting see it in some ways. Now I don't believe any of that 'four horsemen of the apocalypse' stuff... but I do think that things are going to change pretty soon.

I say let the grid go down... we don't need it.:cool:
We are living in what buddists call the age of kali-uga. The age where everything is falling apart and going downwards.
I guess you could call it the winter time for our civilization. It's going to get a lots worse, yes, but someday spring will be here again too. In a few thousand years i guess :D

MsThang

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Titus
We are living in what buddists call the age of kali-uga. The age where everything is falling apart and going downwards.
I guess you could call it the winter time for our civilization. It's going to get a lots worse, yes, but someday spring will be here again too. In a few thousand years i guess :D
Oh, please. Everyone thinks their time is the worst. People now complain about it just like people in the 50's like people in the 1800s like people in ancient India, no doubt.

By the way, people, lay off the crack.

Titus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MsThang
Oh, please. Everyone thinks their time is the worst. People now complain about it just like people in the 50's like people in the 1800s like people in ancient India, no doubt.

By the way, people, lay off the crack.
Hey, i'm just selling other people's knowledge! I was not the budda priest from the 8th century that said the kaliuga age would come with the time when "iron birds would fly the skies and horses would ride on wheels"

Spike_the_Dragon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not saying the world is going to end or that the sea is going to turn to blood... I'm saying that our society is crumbling --remember, even the Mona Lisa's falling apart.

It's the great unraveling comming to a close... and we're sitting front row center, baby.:D

ShortTimer

Banned
Reaction score
In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of l
Originally posted by cutplug
Ah... one of my favorite topics...

I'm one of a few (perhaps growing) number of people who believe ...
"There are those who believe life here began out there..."

So begins the ORIGINAL Battlestar Galactica. The series was inspiried by a book called "Chariots of the Gods." Baby you're not the first and you won't be the last wack job to belive in this crap. There are millions of you suprstitionists out there and I assure you the Technocracy will round up every one of you before the century is over.

ShortTimer

Banned
Reaction score
In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of l
Do you really believe what you read now in English is exactly what was written in Aramaic?
Well let's see the original Aramaic says "Thou shalt not murder" and yet the English reads "Thou shalt not kill."

If they got that one little word wrong, just imagine what else they ****ed up.

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think beleiving in aliens, which is at least possible, is any more supersticous than believing in religion, which is impossible.

Dietzcoi

KOSR

Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's say the big-bang is a complete hoax (what I actually think, it's the biggest religious idea ever created).

Then let's assume that given enough time, and under the right circumstances, life always happens; due to universal powers/laws, the right chemicals, right temperature, sunlight, etc.

Now like I said, if the big-bang did not ever happen, then it's save to assume that the universe is eternal.

Since eternity does not have an end, life will have endless time to happen, anywhere in the eternal universe if the circumstances are right. And since it's eternal, there will be eternal places in the universe where life can originate.

I don't believe in hollywood aliens, but life is pretty abundant in the universe if you look at it like this.

I don't think they will visit us anytime soon, but who knows? :)

Bring back elvis!

Last edited:

Panda 2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by KnightOfSexualRelief
Let's say the big-bang is a complete hoax (what I actually think, it's the biggest religious idea ever created).
What a way to start a post! That's something along the lines of saying:"Okay, we agree that the moon doesn't exist, right?".
The big bang is the most logical and most supported creation theory that has the most evidence backing it up. Care to somehow suggest an alternative to the big bang theory or just present arguments against it? Me and about twenty thousand cosmologists and physicists would love to hear it. :D

Spike_the_Dragon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ShortTimer
Well when the world is about to end, paradise will appear somewhere on earth; but only wolves will be able to find it.

Lay off the peyote, chief. :p

By the way, I thought you believed in time travel and the like... John Titor or something like that?--Perhaps I am mistaken.

Originally posted by dietzcoi
I don't think beleiving in aliens, which is at least possible, is any more supersticous than believing in religion, which is impossible.
It would be pretty stupid to assume that we are the only lifeforms in the universe. I believe it was William Cowper who once said, "Absence of proof is not proof of absence."

Originally posted by KnightOfSexualRelief
Since no one was around back when the universe frist came into existence, all the arguments pretty much just fall apart (that goes for science as well as religion). Oh crap... I can hear it now; "No, Spike... Jesus/Darwin was there!":p

I'm open minded on everything, but science and religion force limitation towards being open to new ideals. It is better to look at the bigger picture than to focus all of your attention on such ridiculous methodical routines and rituals of thought.

I believe in having no way as way, no limitation as limitation.;)

Last edited: