Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Jesus was an alien! ...or something

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree, I think it is more likely that the "angel" who visited Mary and impregated her was an ancient astronaut, but we can never prove any of this anyway. Joseph was a chump though to buy the immaculate conception story.

Da Vinci code talks about how the church changed all the "facts" in the 300's AD anyway... so we have no idea if what we read in the bible was even written in Jesus' time or much later.'

Dietzcoi

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And here's me thinking he was just some bloke another bloke wrote a book about, 300 years after his death and has been rewritten ever since to plicate whoever was in power at the time.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by dietzcoi
I agree, I think it is more likely that the "angel" who visited Mary and impregated her was an ancient astronaut, but we can never prove any of this anyway. Joseph was a chump though to buy the immaculate conception story.

Da Vinci code talks about how the church changed all the "facts" in the 300's AD anyway... so we have no idea if what we read in the bible was even written in Jesus' time or much later.'

Dietzcoi
Da Vinci Code was a work of fiction, let's remember. Not saying that the Bible isn't as well...let's just not take our facts from novels. ;)

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm one of a few (perhaps growing) number of people who believe much of what is written in the Bible or other texts (as the paintings in the link) are really depictions of Alien encounters.
Count me in. If the bible has any truth to it, it's mostly about alien encounters. I'll believe the bible when I meet an extraterrestrial.

Nicholas Hill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting little sect we have here.

I'll be the one to say that the Bible is a well written, cohesive book of truths with divine inspiration and accuracy.

Modern culture shuns any possibility of God - are you complying with culture or have you thought about things for yourself?

Nick

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Modern culture shuns any possibility of God - are you complying with culture or have you thought about things for yourself?
I've drawn to my conclusions myself. I learned of SETI quite some time ago, and it makes a lot of sense. However, I also believe that if there is/was a God, something happened to him since he's not interacting with the people on Earth any longer.

Also, what's the difference between an extraterrestrial who comes from outer space, and an angel who comes from heaven?

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nicholas

Do you really believe the Bible survived all the translations and the monks tinkering with it thruout the dark ages intact?

Do you really believe what you read now in English is exactly what was written in Aramaic?

It is highly unlikely, unless you believe in miracles... in which case you will believe anything

Desdinova

Strange how all these angelic visits and miracles happened back when people were ignorant of science and the natural world. Seems like they have stopped since the Renaissance... strange coincidence??

Dietzcoi

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Strange how all these angelic visits and miracles happened back when people were ignorant of science and the natural world. Seems like they have stopped since the Renaissance... strange coincidence??
Well, you beat me to that one...

I've gotten into a lot of debates with people about religion and bringing that idea up is one I don't get many answers to. Now, the whole idea about aliens being responsible for Jesus or whatever...I personally find kinda insane. I can't disprove it, but there's no real way to prove it either.

Desdinova - The difference would be that an alien coming from outter space would be a tangible, physical being. An angel coming from heaven is more of an ethereal entity. Just my opinion, but I think they're not on the same playing field.

Spike_the_Dragon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Next thing you know you guys will all be wearing funny looking robes and cloning babies....:p

"Chariots of the Gods" By Erik Von something (can't remember his name now) talks alot about this stuff.

Strange how all these angelic visits and miracles happened back when people were ignorant of science and the natural world. Seems like they have stopped since the Renaissance... strange coincidence?

Nowadays if anyone makes such claims we simply label them as crazy or insane due to our belief in science and the natural world. While you do have a good point and I strongly agree, it is very important to keep an open mind on some subjects. Science is the new religion, and like all other belief systems it doesn't have all of the answers.

Anyways, I'll take self-knowledge over accumulation of facts any ol' day of the week.;)

naoi deag se deag

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Many of these paintings were painted either before or shortly after Copernicus et al. figured out heliocentrism. That means the painters probably believed the Earth was the centre of the universe. If they were wrong about the rotations of the heavenly bodies, maybe they were wrong about the UFOs. Though the fact that it showed up in many different works is interesting.

The Da Vinci Code is a pretty good novel, but I'm getting pretty sick of people trumpeting it as fact, not least of which being the author.

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing many people tend to forget or ignore when claiming that the Bible was written in the Middle Ages or whatever is that we have close to primary sources of the Gospels and that the Bible doesn't only exist in the form that we can buy it in today. For instance, the earliest copy of what became the Gospel of Mark is from the 70s AD, not the 300s as many believe. The Bible was made into a canon in 313 in the Edict of Milan, but it was written many years before, i.e. closer to when Jesus lived.

Ditto hating on the Da Vinci Code's revisionist history. Entertaining book, but Dan Brown is not to be trusted from a historical standpoint.

Titus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow! I'm currently reading a book on the subject of alien "gods."

And WOW, WHAT THE???

Can this be?

Thousands of years of found aluminium? Cave pictures of hand computers? Cave picutres of people in space suits?? Cave picutres of people wearing 20th century like hats, pants and T-shirts??? What the fukk??? I mean, a caveman *supposably scientificaly proven that those picutres are from the stone age* drawing such stuff? Could be... but that would mean the monkeyboy would have to see those hats and pants somewhere. And in the time of the stoneage... This is... disturbing. :confused:

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The real "Jesus"

Actually, according to a historian I know personally who claims to have "cracked the code" regarding ancient religious thought (and, upon reading the material, I wholeheartedly agree), the answer is much more mundane, yet just as different from the Biblical version as the space alien stuff mentioned above, but it's top secret until their book is published.

I'd hate to take a chance of letting my friend's magnum opus be pirated by spewing it out on a forum.

But this much I will reveal: the man we know as "St Peter" was most likely a Roman Senator named Petronius, who was a noted "hip figure" and bon vivant (as anachronistic as it is to put it that way) of the time, who wrote one of the earliest known novels (the very racy Satyricon), and died a heroic death in one of Nero's purges.

Petronius was also noted as an excellent statesman, and may have escaped an earlier death sentence when he defended Jews who did not wish their religion degraded, but the emperor at the time died, thereby saving him, although it's not absolutely certain that was the same Petronius (records are incomplete).

il_duce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Nicholas Hill
Interesting little sect we have here.

I'll be the one to say that the Bible is a well written (yet badly interpreted and misconstrued), cohesive book of truths (who is to say any of it is true?) with divine inspiration (possibly?) and accuracy (who the hell can prove this?).

Religious culture shuns any possibility of no God - are you complying with religious culture or have you thought about things for yourself?

Nick
Edited. ;)

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
rumor has it that at the end of time, if things start to get real bad.... go to the fields where the aliens do all that crop writting. those are safe havens.

perhaps some alien ship will stop and pick us up?

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry Luv, but I know the guy who does 'em with a plank and a piece of string.

Send me a design and I'll get him to knock one up for you Salisbury way.;)

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Alpine
Sorry Luv, but I know the guy who does 'em with a plank and a piece of string.

Send me a design and I'll get him to knock one up for you Salisbury way.;)
i didnt say i believed the rumor haha
i just said , there was a rumor :p