"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

Jealousy from other men

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2018
Messages
2,630
Reaction score
2,730
Is jealousy from other men in regards to getting compliments about your looks or the women you date a sign of a weak guy?

Not that long ago I was walking around my neighborhood and this girl and a couple guys were standing in their driveway. I walk by and hear her mention out loud that she thought I was hot. One of the guys standing there said I looked like a fag lol. A little over a year ago I was posting on a different forum and put up a picture of me and this hot latina I was dating. A few of the posters said how hot she was and then started to criticize my appearance.

I've dealt with stuff like this my whole life and never had any guy friends because of this until recently, an older dude in his mid 30s who says he likes to go out with me because women are attracted to me. He regularly compliments me and says he wants to help me find a girl.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 18, 2018
Messages
1,672
Reaction score
1,406
Age
37
Location
So Cal
Anyways. Yes. Other guys get jealous because of women are complimenting you or checking you out, that means lack of attention for them. Most guys are pvssies and need the same amount of attention women get.

People constantly compare theirselves to others. Our world is driven by appearance, and how to get being more attractive. So men can easily resent men for being more attractive.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,758
Reaction score
9,962
Anyways. Yes. Other guys get jealous because of women are complimenting you or checking you out, that means lack of attention for them. Most guys are pvssies and need the same amount of attention women get..
I don't think a man has to be a pvssy in order to resent another guy getting all the attention.
 

Roober

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 2, 2016
Messages
2,372
Reaction score
2,120
Heres my nugget for the day...

If there is one thing I have learned that is incredibly valuable, it is the simple fact that people love to see you fail.

It really has little to do with men and women. People are envious of the success of others as they examine their own lives and realize they are not living the best possible life they could. They would much rather see failure than success. It gives their meaningless lives meaning (eg. "See, it cant be done, at least I didnt have to go through it...). It only takes 5 minutes of web searches to realize this.

This is why I employ the method of talking very little about myself. I may give small glimpses, but anything beyond that is inconsequential. When you do share more, you will quickly learn about the mindset of your peers. Their line of questioning derives from malicious excitement over your failure, not cautious optimism. SS is a great example of this; fantastic advice is often buried under complete nonsense.

So, I would gather two important lessons from this...

1. 90% of the people you know want to see you fail (family, friends, etc.). Keep that in mind, be humble, and get them talking. After all, people would much more rather talk about their own meaningless lives than hear about yours.

2. Find a woman that is in the 10%. She will follow you to the ends of the earth and trust any decision you make. She will approach new situations with cautious optimism, not a dread of failure.

As Doctor Strange said... "your just a tiny momentary speck in an indifferent universe."
 

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 18, 2018
Messages
1,672
Reaction score
1,406
Age
37
Location
So Cal
Heres my nugget for the day...

If there is one thing I have learned that is incredibly valuable, it is the simple fact that people love to see you fail.

It really has little to do with men and women. People are envious of the success of others as they examine their own lives and realize they are not living the best possible life they could. They would much rather see failure than success. It gives their meaningless lives meaning (eg. "See, it cant be done, at least I didnt have to go through it...). It only takes 5 minutes of web searches to realize this.

This is why I employ the method of talking very little about myself. I may give small glimpses, but anything beyond that is inconsequential. When you do share more, you will quickly learn about the mindset of your peers. Their line of questioning derives from malicious excitement over your failure, not cautious optimism. SS is a great example of this; fantastic advice is often buried under complete nonsense.

So, I would gather two important lessons from this...

1. 90% of the people you know want to see you fail (family, friends, etc.). Keep that in mind, be humble, and get them talking. After all, people would much more rather talk about their own meaningless lives than hear about yours.

2. Find a woman that is in the 10%. She will follow you to the ends of the earth and trust any decision you make. She will approach new situations with cautious optimism, not a dread of failure.

As Doctor Strange said... "your just a tiny momentary speck in an indifferent universe."
Do you listen to Jordan Peterson? He talks about this. If you don’t, I think you’d like him. And anyone on SS for that matter
 

longtail

Banned
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
221
Reaction score
128
Is jealousy from other men in regards to getting compliments about your looks or the women you date a sign of a weak guy?

Not that long ago I was walking around my neighborhood and this girl and a couple guys were standing in their driveway. I walk by and hear her mention out loud that she thought I was hot. One of the guys standing there said I looked like a fag lol. A little over a year ago I was posting on a different forum and put up a picture of me and this hot latina I was dating. A few of the posters said how hot she was and then started to criticize my appearance.

I've dealt with stuff like this my whole life and never had any guy friends because of this until recently, an older dude in his mid 30s who says he likes to go out with me because women are attracted to me. He regularly compliments me and says he wants to help me find a girl.
This is an enormous issue and like yourself, male friendships have become almost impossible.

The problems started in college but have intensified out of school. It's impossible for me to keep a wingman. Open hatred is the norm.

There's nothing you can do about it. It's best just to accept that that's the way it is and adjust accordingly.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Roober

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 2, 2016
Messages
2,372
Reaction score
2,120
Do you listen to Jordan Peterson? He talks about this. If you don’t, I think you’d like him. And anyone on SS for that matter
I do and think he is great. However, I learned this when I opened and sold a restaurant with my exwifes in law. He said everyone would say "most restaurants fail", "your not going to succeed"... and they did. Almost everyone had something negative to say (even my family and my exwife). He then went on to say, "they do it because they wish they had enough balls to do something better with their life."

And this was coming from a guy who would start a business, sell it for triple 3 years layer cause he was bored, travel the world for a year, then repeat. He taught me some very valuable life lessons in the 10 months we spent together.

Bragging is about as pointless as playing videogames. It does nothing but gives other people reasons to hate you.
 

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,758
Reaction score
9,962
He certainly needs to do some inner work, because it’s weakness.
Eh, I suppose. But if a guy doesn't get much attention from women, and then sees them all fall over some other guy, I think it's only natural to be irritated about it. Especially if that guy has put in a lot of work to try to improve himself but still doesn't see success. I've always thought that's the sort of thing that drives guys to MGTOW.

It's easy to say "Oh, just DGAF", but male/female attraction is such a primal urge I think it's understandable when someone gets frustrated.
 

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 18, 2018
Messages
1,672
Reaction score
1,406
Age
37
Location
So Cal
Eh, I suppose. But if a guy doesn't get much attention from women, and then sees them all fall over some other guy, I think it's only natural to be irritated about it. Especially if that guy has put in a lot of work to try to improve himself but still doesn't see success. I've always thought that's the sort of thing that drives guys to MGTOW.

It's easy to say "Oh, just DGAF", but male/female attraction is such a primal urge I think it's understandable when someone gets frustrated.
Still needs to do inner work. He’s choosing to get jealous and irritated that he’s not getting attention.

Maybe he should put on a bright red cape and a top hat, then start pulling cards out. He’ll get attention, blowing people’s minds.
 
Top