Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Jealousy from other men

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is jealousy from other men in regards to getting compliments about your looks or the women you date a sign of a weak guy?

Not that long ago I was walking around my neighborhood and this girl and a couple guys were standing in their driveway. I walk by and hear her mention out loud that she thought I was hot. One of the guys standing there said I looked like a fag lol. A little over a year ago I was posting on a different forum and put up a picture of me and this hot latina I was dating. A few of the posters said how hot she was and then started to criticize my appearance.

I've dealt with stuff like this my whole life and never had any guy friends because of this until recently, an older dude in his mid 30s who says he likes to go out with me because women are attracted to me. He regularly compliments me and says he wants to help me find a girl.

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyways. Yes. Other guys get jealous because of women are complimenting you or checking you out, that means lack of attention for them. Most guys are pvssies and need the same amount of attention women get.

People constantly compare theirselves to others. Our world is driven by appearance, and how to get being more attractive. So men can easily resent men for being more attractive.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyways. Yes. Other guys get jealous because of women are complimenting you or checking you out, that means lack of attention for them. Most guys are pvssies and need the same amount of attention women get..
I don't think a man has to be a pvssy in order to resent another guy getting all the attention.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heres my nugget for the day...

If there is one thing I have learned that is incredibly valuable, it is the simple fact that people love to see you fail.

It really has little to do with men and women. People are envious of the success of others as they examine their own lives and realize they are not living the best possible life they could. They would much rather see failure than success. It gives their meaningless lives meaning (eg. "See, it cant be done, at least I didnt have to go through it...). It only takes 5 minutes of web searches to realize this.

This is why I employ the method of talking very little about myself. I may give small glimpses, but anything beyond that is inconsequential. When you do share more, you will quickly learn about the mindset of your peers. Their line of questioning derives from malicious excitement over your failure, not cautious optimism. SS is a great example of this; fantastic advice is often buried under complete nonsense.

So, I would gather two important lessons from this...

1. 90% of the people you know want to see you fail (family, friends, etc.). Keep that in mind, be humble, and get them talking. After all, people would much more rather talk about their own meaningless lives than hear about yours.

2. Find a woman that is in the 10%. She will follow you to the ends of the earth and trust any decision you make. She will approach new situations with cautious optimism, not a dread of failure.

As Doctor Strange said... "your just a tiny momentary speck in an indifferent universe."

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heres my nugget for the day...

If there is one thing I have learned that is incredibly valuable, it is the simple fact that people love to see you fail.

It really has little to do with men and women. People are envious of the success of others as they examine their own lives and realize they are not living the best possible life they could. They would much rather see failure than success. It gives their meaningless lives meaning (eg. "See, it cant be done, at least I didnt have to go through it...). It only takes 5 minutes of web searches to realize this.

This is why I employ the method of talking very little about myself. I may give small glimpses, but anything beyond that is inconsequential. When you do share more, you will quickly learn about the mindset of your peers. Their line of questioning derives from malicious excitement over your failure, not cautious optimism. SS is a great example of this; fantastic advice is often buried under complete nonsense.

So, I would gather two important lessons from this...

1. 90% of the people you know want to see you fail (family, friends, etc.). Keep that in mind, be humble, and get them talking. After all, people would much more rather talk about their own meaningless lives than hear about yours.

2. Find a woman that is in the 10%. She will follow you to the ends of the earth and trust any decision you make. She will approach new situations with cautious optimism, not a dread of failure.

As Doctor Strange said... "your just a tiny momentary speck in an indifferent universe."
Do you listen to Jordan Peterson? He talks about this. If you don’t, I think you’d like him. And anyone on SS for that matter

longtail

Banned
Reaction score
Is jealousy from other men in regards to getting compliments about your looks or the women you date a sign of a weak guy?

Not that long ago I was walking around my neighborhood and this girl and a couple guys were standing in their driveway. I walk by and hear her mention out loud that she thought I was hot. One of the guys standing there said I looked like a fag lol. A little over a year ago I was posting on a different forum and put up a picture of me and this hot latina I was dating. A few of the posters said how hot she was and then started to criticize my appearance.

I've dealt with stuff like this my whole life and never had any guy friends because of this until recently, an older dude in his mid 30s who says he likes to go out with me because women are attracted to me. He regularly compliments me and says he wants to help me find a girl.
This is an enormous issue and like yourself, male friendships have become almost impossible.

The problems started in college but have intensified out of school. It's impossible for me to keep a wingman. Open hatred is the norm.

There's nothing you can do about it. It's best just to accept that that's the way it is and adjust accordingly.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you listen to Jordan Peterson? He talks about this. If you don’t, I think you’d like him. And anyone on SS for that matter
I do and think he is great. However, I learned this when I opened and sold a restaurant with my exwifes in law. He said everyone would say "most restaurants fail", "your not going to succeed"... and they did. Almost everyone had something negative to say (even my family and my exwife). He then went on to say, "they do it because they wish they had enough balls to do something better with their life."

And this was coming from a guy who would start a business, sell it for triple 3 years layer cause he was bored, travel the world for a year, then repeat. He taught me some very valuable life lessons in the 10 months we spent together.

Bragging is about as pointless as playing videogames. It does nothing but gives other people reasons to hate you.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He certainly needs to do some inner work, because it’s weakness.
Eh, I suppose. But if a guy doesn't get much attention from women, and then sees them all fall over some other guy, I think it's only natural to be irritated about it. Especially if that guy has put in a lot of work to try to improve himself but still doesn't see success. I've always thought that's the sort of thing that drives guys to MGTOW.

It's easy to say "Oh, just DGAF", but male/female attraction is such a primal urge I think it's understandable when someone gets frustrated.

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eh, I suppose. But if a guy doesn't get much attention from women, and then sees them all fall over some other guy, I think it's only natural to be irritated about it. Especially if that guy has put in a lot of work to try to improve himself but still doesn't see success. I've always thought that's the sort of thing that drives guys to MGTOW.

It's easy to say "Oh, just DGAF", but male/female attraction is such a primal urge I think it's understandable when someone gets frustrated.
Still needs to do inner work. He’s choosing to get jealous and irritated that he’s not getting attention.

Maybe he should put on a bright red cape and a top hat, then start pulling cards out. He’ll get attention, blowing people’s minds.