"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

"I've had bad experiences giving out my number"

static

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 31, 2003
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Location
LA
I think I F**cked up again but here it goes. (at least I did better than before)

Walking down the study area of the library and I see this girl, so I sit across from her, but the problem was that at this seat, the sun was blasting through the window. I knew this would have distracted me from studying, so I immediatly moved. I got another seat and sat down, but then I realized I was too hungry to study. So, I go back down the halls toward the exit passing this girl again and she smiles at me then looks down.

So I approached her and talked to her for 4 minutes. After a minute she was like "It was nice talking to you," then looks down at her book. But I proceed to talk to her anyway. I introduce myself and we talk, then again, she says "we'll it was nice metting you." Then I ask for her number

Me:Let me get your number
Her: Let me get your number
Me: No
Her: Why not
Me: Because that's not the way things usually go...just give me yours.
Her: I don't give out my number. I'm not going to do it.
Me: Why not?
Her: Because I've had some bad experiences doing that

Pause and look at her weird (I was starting to think she was a weird/psycho girl at this point. I then, however, think "Maybe I"m being too sensitive and letting my ego get in the way" which leads to...)

Me: Ok, then give me your email

She gives me that look like why are u pushing this

She then writes it down

Me: Also write your name on here, thank you.

Then she does it

Me: Good luck, bye
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Mercenary

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 28, 2003
Messages
227
Reaction score
0
she wasn't giving you many signals...
she tried to cut the convo short and you had to push it to continue... it happens to everyone.

yeah, i hate it when you ask and they are like "give me YOUR number"... flat out saying "no thankyou" would be much easier.
 

static

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 31, 2003
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Location
LA
I was in the state of confusion because as I think I said in my post she directly made eye contact and smiled at me as I was walking by her.
 

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2002
Messages
2,313
Reaction score
2
Location
Moscow
So I approached her and talked to her for 4 minutes. After a minute she was like "It was nice talking to you," then looks down at her book. But I proceed to talk to her anyway. I introduce myself and we talk, then again, she says "we'll it was nice metting you." Then I ask for her number
You should've gotten the clue at this point.
:rolleyes: She wants to study.

Let her go or you'll come off desperate. And so you did.
 

Ebach

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 9, 2004
Messages
397
Reaction score
0
She did like you but obviously she was busy at the time and you kept pushing it. You could've tried convo'ing about what she's studying etc maybe get something in common throw in a little jargon if you know what you're talking about etc. Nice try though.. keep it up!
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Top