Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Items Your Ex Gave You

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have had friends disagree on this topic. I am curious to hear what some of you have done with things an ex has given you (pictures, cards, birthday letters, anniversary symbols), especially if you were in long-term relationships that ended.

Do you keep the things? Do you set them on fire? Do you mail them back to her? When do you do these things?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on the items and depends on how it ended. If I feel that I had a good run with a particular woman and feel disappointed but not pissed, it is more likely I'll keep an item.

If I have really bad feelings over the way things ended, I'm getting rid of stuff.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I still have tons of Victoria Secret bottoms my 3yr LTR left with me. She always stuck a pair in my laptop bag as gag. They're in a box somewhere in my garage - haven't seen them in years.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I think they're cool or useful, I definitely keep them. If they're solely sentimental, things like cards and letters, I'll usually get rid of them.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My ex gave me my queen sized mattress and stickers on my phone, a few other things too. I still keep them. Good times were good times, plus the mattress is nice

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pretty much are they usefull?, if theya re I will use then as normal, if not I won't, in the end I wouldn't care much about it

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In a large steamer trunk, I still have the 'wedding ring' from my 3rd grade 'wife', school love notes, the ID bracelet from my 8th grade girlfriend, photographs, letters etc.... It's a large trunk and also contains letters and memorabilia from friends and relatives.

Below are contents from a manila envelope dated 1986. It was my first year out of college and with no roommates. I learned quickly that women do leave things behind in attempt to mark their territory.

gifts-1.jpg

Last edited:

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have had friends disagree on this topic. I am curious to hear what some of you have done with things an ex has given you (pictures, cards, birthday letters, anniversary symbols), especially if you were in long-term relationships that ended.

Do you keep the things? Do you set them on fire? Do you mail them back to her? When do you do these things?
You have a bin right?

A week before I nexted my ex, she borrowed £300 off me, as she was broke after losing her job.

She never returned it back to me, even though she borrowed the cash, neither did I ask for it back.

She has some of my belongings at her house too, some expensive items of clothing etc.. minor loss to be fair. Not even worth breaking NC over.

Millard Fillmore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trash unless it's useful like clothing that I wear. I'm not sentimental like that. I do still have photos, but in this age of digital images, I don't look at them often as they are on a random hard drive.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In a large steamer trunk, I still have the 'wedding ring' from my 3rd grade 'wife', school love notes, the ID bracelet from my 8th grade girlfriend, photographs, letters etc.... It's a large trunk and also contains letters and memorabilia from friends and relatives.

Below are contents from a manila envelope dated 1986. It was my first year out of college and with no roommates. I learned quickly that women do leave things behind in attempt to mark their territory.

View attachment 12080
Like I wrote in another thread:
I had a girl whose living quarters were sh!t, so she had a few sleepovers at my place. She enjoyed that, then proposed to become my live-in girlfriend. I told her nobody was going to move in, I need my own space. So she told me she'd stop seeing me.
So I told her to pack her bag and get the fvck out because I cannot abide emotional blackmail.
She cried and went away, then blew up my phone so I had to mute her WhatsApp. Cold shoulder for a few days until she started begging me to take her back, she missed me so much.
She made up for her mistake and tried to become the perfect girl, but she understood I had options and I caught her hiding her lingerie in places where another woman might find it and break up with me (which wouldn't happen anyway because she and all my kittens know that I'm involved with more women). I showed her the lingerie bag in the corner of my bedroom to show her that her lingerie ended up in the Lost Lingerie bag.
Then I had her fish out her lingerie and sent her packing.

I've had enough backstabbers to stop trusting her. If a woman starts to emotionally blackmail you, it's time to throw her out.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of the stuff I throw away(cards, panties, letters, etc). I do have some custom made jewelry from an exgf that I still wear.

"STUFF" really doesn't mean much to me.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I actually have a little wood box that has earrings, bracelets, berets and rings. If I find something I toss it in there.

Sometimes I am asked about lost items and I fish them out and give them back, but when I find something I never mention it unless I’m 1000% sure it belongs to someone.

I could see where there is potential for trouble if I mention a piece I found to the wrong person.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Birthday cards etc are all in a box in my storage, I should probably throw them but I'm very sentimental.

I have a £1000 mattress I'm sleeping on she bought, best sleep of my life. When you get a really nice bed its game changer.

I still wear the Birkenstocks around the house.

The most valuable thing my ex's have given me is the experience and wisdom that comes with a relationship, what to do and what not to do, that is what I cherish the most and use to make me a better version of myself. I'll never tell any woman that of course.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to admit, you're more highly organized than I am.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My ex actually left her dildo over at my place.. maybe I should parcel it back to her haha

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My ex actually left her dildo over at my place.. maybe I should parcel it back to her haha
One of my kittens forgot a professional massage vibrator and I use it on other kittens now.

1707253750553.png

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting responses. I had a bunch of letters, cards, and pictures from a recent ex.

I do not like to live in the past, so I decided to throw everything away.