Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

items from the past...

keep the items

• yes

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • no

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

Jamesdl

Don Juan
Reaction score
i was cleaning up my place, and i have this shoe box with memories. not just my ex but girl friends that i was fond of, and of other girls i dated, and girls that wrote me love letters,notes,cards, etc. they date back all the way to high school. I'm out of college right now. I wasn't sure if it's good to keep them for memories, or burn them, literally (don't want the wrong things in the trash). I'm guessing most of you guys would say burn them, but i'm thinking of future things, like wouldn't be nice to have memories of the past. isn't that what life is?

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well if the things are signs of your AFC past burn then and never look back. I never look back on who I was pre-DJ except to realize the incredible person I am now.

If they are good things that remind you of successess i suppose keep them.

I voted no though.

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I voted yes, but then I read your post.

Burn 'em.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All that stuff is a part of my past, and it will never leave me. Every once in a while I'll go through it all, laugh at the cheezy notes that I was given, look at the pics, etc. It all just reminds me of how successful I was.

I have an ex who I was with for a period of 3 years. There were lots and lots of pictures of me and her. I ended up trashing most of them, but kept a few selected pictures. Most of my memories of my time with her have faded, but she'll be part of my past forever. I can't deny that.

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to do that - saving notes/valentines/etc. Then a girlfriend of mine found 'em and it was a little, how should I say this, odd?

It wasn't embarassing, really, just kinda awkward and I could tell she thought I was still hung up on my previous girlfriends (which I wasn't, it was purely for momento's sake).

After that, I had a thought: I don't need pieces of paper to remember someone. I didn't burn them, but they're gone.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep them. It's not like by having them you're in a state of perpetual one-itis. I've got a box of stuff with sentimental value from my childhood on up to the current day in my closet - when I'm old and decrepit I plan on bringing it down and taking a look at what things throughout my life have meant enough to me to want to save. As for the people who advocate burning the box, that's childish - anyone who hates the past without good cause is a fool.

Andromax

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm more sentimental than some. I'd keep them, they are yours and they are nice memories. Burning them wont do anything to make you more successful with women, or any happier.

Besides, in 20 years you will find them in your attic and have a nice little moment remembering all the tail you used to have the functional plumbing to nail ;)

naoi deag se deag

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, tell one of your friends and he can make an awesome opener out of this. Keep them just for that.