Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

is weed bad?

TheEnergizer

Don Juan
Reaction score
man i dont even know anymore; all i hear is good things about it now except from my health teacher whos the only person i know who says its bad, and she thinks sex before marriage is bad so no one really pays any attention to her anyway. i guess it can be abused of course, but i dunno ive never tried the stuff and have no intention to, im fine without it, dont need substances to make me feel better or improve my game or mood or anything, im already just fine. but i just want to know from people who tried it what they think of it.
is there anything bad about it?

Five To One

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Its not worth it. Its a waste of money.

Sure I dont turn it down at parties when its offered but dont go out of your way to smoke.

Plus girls dont find it cool or attractive dispite what a lot of guys think.

Duuude remember how fffvckin hiiiii we were that one time?

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes it's bad. The reason you're hearing it's good now is because the 60's hippies are now in charge of media and education...

It's bad. It kills your motivation, puts 10x the tar into your lungs than a cigarette, and it's a mind-altering drug. And I think it makes you stupid. Maybe I've just known too many potheads coming up to me who think that they're brilliant and coming up with all this brilliant philosophy from when they were high with more holes than a piece of swiss cheese. Stuff like, "Nothing really matters..screw the outside world, man." Deep stuff like that. lol...

Who needs that sh!t? If you've got to ingest this stuff in order to enjoy life, you're screwing up.

intrextrovert

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's good as long as you don't make it an integral part of your life. Once a week or less and you're perfect, if more make sure you have self control/stop every once in a while.

It's not bad for your health and won't make you stupid (unless you're still high and are dumb anyway). It's easy to act normal, and do everyone a favor: I know how fun it is to be ridiculous, but keep that with other smoking buddies ;). It's only unhealthy if you let it consume your life, like anything can be, or if you get caught by the popo.

Don't smoke too much, smoke 90%+ of the time with friends, and don't care about it too much or talk about it with non smokers, and you'll be fine, without stereotype. Also don't get paranoid, but don't do dumb stuff to get caught either. Never rat.

PrinceKong

Don Juan
Reaction score
I never have and never will smoke weed, and neither should you.

I'm never going to need a herb or substance to make myself feel good.

Ixnys

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you smoke for the first time with friends I highly doubt you will regret it. You'll laugh like silly the first time. If you've never listened to music while high you will be in for a treat especially if you go to see a concert. Once you smoke you'll realize it's not a big deal. It's not addictive. Every once in a while is really no big deal.

If you find yourself in a situation where you have a friend or around people who have it around them consistently you may find yourself getting used to wanting to do it more often. So sometimes it's nice to not have it readily available.

If you use it in moderation it's not a big deal and can be fun. If you turn into a pot head and do it everyday you are going down the wrong road.

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
don't waste your money and time. getting it for free at parties or what not is all good though. and moderation is key :) just don't be like the dumbass potheads i went to school with.

Lush

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is totally a personal thing. Everyone has different experiences with it. Some people like it and some don't. But being a one time chronic user (everyday for months on end), I can say that you grow tired of it. It's great at first but after a while it just makes you think too much. I know personally when I decided to stop masterbating, it was terrible to smoke pot. It's such an aphrodisiac to me and when I would smoke, I'd always want to jerk off. I mean I could really vividly imagine what it was like to **** one of those photoshopped girls that just don't exist in the real world. It was great, but too much of a good thing will ruin it. I suggest everyone try it and see what effects it has on them, but be prepared to totally freak the **** out. Now I usually only do when I'm totally bombed anyway with my friends. I will say you will never be more wasted in your entire life then drinking a ton of booze and then taking a few bong rips. Holy ****...the stories I could tell you. Yikes.

Lush.

danthemann

Don Juan
Reaction score
pshh ive never had weed screw with my memory. If anything its made me remember some amazing times. the only bad time is when i turned my back for 20 minutes to smoke a bowl at a party i was at with my girlfriend... i guess she didnt like me smoking again cuz i ended up walking in on her cheating on me when i came back. talk about buzz kill...

PumpingIron13

Don Juan
Reaction score
Darth said:
Yes it's bad. The reason you're hearing it's good now is because the 60's hippies are now in charge of media and education...

It's bad. It kills your motivation, puts 10x the tar into your lungs than a cigarette, and it's a mind-altering drug. And I think it makes you stupid. Maybe I've just known too many potheads coming up to me who think that they're brilliant and coming up with all this brilliant philosophy from when they were high with more holes than a piece of swiss cheese. Stuff like, "Nothing really matters..screw the outside world, man." Deep stuff like that. lol...

Who needs that sh!t? If you've got to ingest this stuff in order to enjoy life, you're screwing up.

The only thing you got right there is your last sentence...Hippies dont own the media...Rupert Murdoch does...if you dont know who he is, how conservative he is, and how much media he owns than look it up...Yes it does have more tar than a cigarette but 10x sounds like an arbitrary bs number you just made up...and there has never been a correlation of pot smoking to lung cancer...(In fact recent research at UCLA proves THC slows down tumor growth)

....Kills your motivation? How does my entry into a great university, 4.0 GPA, constant rate of hooking up, constantly working out (even on days ive smoked), and studying on the nights before a test sound for staying motivated on track...

If you havent done it, or dont know anything about it, I wouldnt just make stuff up...It does mess up some people because they decide they want to do more than just try weed, but this isnt the case with most people...the only side affect that will negatively affect your game is the increase in paranoia which just depends on how much you end up smoking...

I was a massive AFC when I started smoking and I let stupid girls who ended up smoking anyways convince me that what I was doing was bad...now I smoke almost everyday and it has absolutely no affect on how I live my life...

Once again you got one thing right though...if it is your only source of happiness than its not the weed thats the problem..YOUR THE PROBLEM:trouble:

jeffthechef

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
to begin, nothing is good or bad, only thinking makes it so...shakespeare
but i think it's bad because:

it does **** with your brain,
it reduces the "high" effects of other experiences, thus becoming addictive
it's a waste of money
it's a waste of time
girls don't like it
IT'S BAD

if it wasn't...then why aren't there more individuals, who haven't smoked a little weed, tried some already....it's easily accessible, just go find the stoned out kid...you can go scrape up some cash or get a job rather than coming on this site to read about weed....

why does everyone keep saying to do it in private? IT'S ****ING ILLEGAL. and one might argue it's only illegal because of the rich corrupt policymakers
well, the majority of them hold great power and don't smoke weed..they don't smoke it cause it's BAD...and if they do secretly smoke weed, why haven't they tried to make it legal...CAUSE THEY KNOW IT'S BAD

WOMEN WANT A SUCCESSFUL MAN...usually meaning rich and goodlooking...and usually the elite men of society aren't spending their time smoking weed....they are busy making change, amassing wealth, or lifting weights...HOWEVER...at the teen age, most girls really don't care

there is probably 0.00001 percent of people who support weed who don't actually smoke it...the rest of the advocates are high..everyone tries to justify their actions.

of course...smoking weed doesn't make you bad or evil...if you want to smoke weed that's fine...i would tell you to enjoy it if you don't want to stop...BUT the facts, as determined by society (the majority or humans), remain evident...

Get high and enjoy life. OR Don't get high and enjoy life. As long as it's your choice and not something you choose because your friends think it's cool.

clix

Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm sorry, but anyone who thinks its a devilous brush that will end your life is a straight out *****. weed is a plant. if you put a plant before your other needs, the problem's with you, not the bud.

also, to anyone who says "ive never done it and never will": shut the hell up, your opinion is irrelevant in this discussion. its basically saying "i have no experience in the topic, but let me blurt out my opinion and pretend it holds ground."

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Like others have said before, depending on your use of it also depends how it will affect your life. To me I don't even use it for my own personal recreation anymore, I only use it when I have a hard time going to sleep, weed is the best sleep medicine I've ever taken. The only way I can see it really fvcking up your life is if you literally and totally went out of your way to get your hands on it, like selling everything you have, from my experience cigs, hard drugs, and alcohol have been more life threatening (in terms of life style) than pot. People are afraid of pot because they hear stories of the most hardcore potheads and are afraid of turning out like them. That is just not going to happen unless you really tried hard.

dbot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm never going to need a herb or substance to make myself feel good.
So you've never taken Ibuprofen or Tylenol for a headache, or Nyquil for your cold? You've never been prescribed Vicodin or Codeine for pain relief? Did you know that marijuana is a natural, and much more potent painkiller, yet with NONE of the side effects of the previously mentioned drugs? Can you show me a single study that indicates marijuana is a dangerous substance?

What really makes me laugh are all the people in this thread who claim that marijuana is terrible for you and they'll never touch such a horrible mind altering substance, yet they proceed to get wasted twice a week with their buddies. Because you know, it's not like alcohol is a mind altering substance that kills brain cells and damages your liver and kidneys. These are also the same people you see stuffing their faces with big macs and extra large fries, sucking down 32oz sodas or venti caramel frappacinos. Here are some facts, from a fairly reliable source:

According to the World Health Organization:

40,000,000 people die each year due to issues related to malnutrition.
50,000 people die each year due to long term second hand smoke.
0 people die each year due to smoking marijuana.

If you guys are going to post such ridiculous crap like "it makes you a dumb loser," then at least tell us where you got your information, so nobody makes the mistake of actually listening to you.

jeffthechef

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dbot said:
According to the World Health Organization:

40,000,000 people die each year due to issues related to malnutrition.
50,000 people die each year due to long term second hand smoke.
0 people die each year due to smoking marijuana.

If you guys are going to post such ridiculous crap like "it makes you a dumb loser," then at least tell us where you got your information, so nobody makes the mistake of actually listening to you.
well you didn't attack my argument...so i'm guessing i had quite a convincing argument...

your statistic is completely irrelevant...98% of the 40,000,000 people can't even afford food which is why they're malnourished...SO THEY CAN'T EVEN AFFORD WEED...the other 2% spend their money on weed so they couldn't eat

SECOND HAND SMOKE <<<DRUGS...

0 people die from direct use of weed...what about indirect causes...i wonder how many people have been killed by some guy who was high one night and decided to do something DUMB...YES WEED DOES THAT

in the end, i do understand your need to defend your use of weed..no one wants to think they're doing something bad for themselves

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
clix said:
also, to anyone who says "ive never done it and never will": shut the hell up, your opinion is irrelevant in this discussion. its basically saying "i have no experience in the topic, but let me blurt out my opinion and pretend it holds ground."
Nope. I haven't tried it because I'm not that stupid, but I've seen way too many kids doing well in school start smoking weed and crash and burn. It screws with your brain in short-term and long-term ways. But it doesn't kill you, so it must be OK.

....Kills your motivation? How does my entry into a great university, 4.0 GPA, constant rate of hooking up, constantly working out (even on days ive smoked), and studying on the nights before a test sound for staying motivated on track...
Lol, I had a 4.0 GPA too. Not that hard. High school's a joke now.

I smoke almost everyday and it has absolutely no affect on how I live my life...
Yeah it does, you just don't realize it. Cause you're now a pothead.

It's spelled "effect," BTW.

PrinceKong

Don Juan
Reaction score
Those medicines are MEDICINES. They are to be taken for physical or mental pains and ailments. Weed, is used for a HIGH. Tell me what a high is? Since you guys are telling me im completely ignorant for not even trying weed, because I didn't succumb to society.

I'm saying that I am not going to be dependent on anything to enjoy any aspect of my life. I clearly didn't state that it was "horrible" or "terrible."
Stop putting words into my mouth and put that blunt back in yours.

naes420

Don Juan
Reaction score
The only bad thing about it is the dent it puts in your wallet. I have spent over 1000$ on it in the last four years.

Furnezz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just don't abuse it and you'll be fine. It's fun every once in a while.

People are stupid and tend to generalize crazy potheads with the responsable users (such as me) who use it for fun (NOT TO FEEL GOOD(more generalization)) every few weeks/months. Also weed can make you do stupid things (which is why it's usually better in a closed enviroment with a few friends or alone) but it will NEVER lead you to be violent like alcohol or other drugs like peyote would.

Know your stuff before you argue:
The Business Behind Getting High
Myths about Marijuana

Oh yeah and as mentioned before, it really pisses me off when potheads think they've come up with some uber smart theory when they're stoned; one of my best friends is now a pothead and now he's always thinking like this :cuss:

Also, Lol @ saying weed is fine after smoking it to try to justify your actions. I spent a lot of time researching about it prior to doing it for the first time (like a month before), and decided that it's not a bad thing as long as its use isn't too frequent.

panormous

Reaction score
So here's the scoop. I went from not smoking at all, to smoking almost every evening, to maybe once a month or so if it came up. Here are the points:

Pros
- It is fun. That's why most people do it. It makes you really happy and you think really crazy things (or at least you think you do, depends on the person) and makes you really hungry. In small amounts it can make chilling with your friends a lot more fun, if you are bored. If you smoke a lot, though, you will all just fall asleep.
- It can help you sleep. It is probably the best sleep aid I know. Don't do it the night before a test though, you won't remember anything you studied.
- It is really not that bad for you, especially when compared to other drugs. No studies have linked it to cancer. It doesn't make you violent or angry. Ever heard of someone getting high and killing someone?

Cons
-It makes you lazy. While some people will disagree with this, I have noticed it with myself and with my friends who smoke. This is only true if you smoke often. If you see your expectations of yourself slipping, stop smoking.
-It is expensive. While pot is the cheapest drug (without a tolerance, it is cheaper than alcohol, unless you drink hobo liquor) doing it often will become a huge drain on your personal expense budget. As your tolerance goes up, you will have to buy more and more expensive weed.
-You can get caught. I'm talking more drug tests than cops, but both are possible.
- It inhibits your ability to do things. It depends a lot on the person though. Some people can drive/study and others can't.
- A lot of people don't respect stoners. Whether this is justified or not, it is best not to have this skeleton in your closet.

Overall, I decided that it was best that I stop regular smoking. Its up to you though, it depends on the person. If you do smoke, do it responsibly, just like anything else.