Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is Tony a DJ?

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know a guy. Let's call him Tony. Not the tallest guy in the world (maybe 5'7ish) and not the best looking (but certainly not ugly) who has the whole "bad boy rocker" vibe about him.

He's in his early 40's, sports piercings, dresses like someone in his 20's (typical rocker attire- jeans, tshirt, bandanna, leather wrist band, etc).

He is very unstable, meaning he cant seem to stay in one rented house/apartment for too long, always has roommates, actually DOES have a "wannabe" band going (you know, they play in the garage from time to time but have never made any money), and rides a bike (bicycle) to his job as a hair stylist (I think his truck might have gotten repoed).

Anyway, this dude doesn't have much going for him career wise. I think he has several kids from several different women, and he plows through pu$$y like a brand new snow plow through fresh powder. In other words, he gets laid like a rock star.

Recently I have been thinking about how guys view themselves and other men. The "DJ" title gets thrown around a lot. We also use the terms "alpha, Beta, AFC, etc" to distinguish people.

Sooooo...what is Tony?

A DJ?

An Alpha?

A Rogue?

A Cad?

I think people's responses will shed some light on what different types of behavior men "value", or more appropriately, what they judge themselves and others by.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I can assume that Tony is living life the way he wants to live it, then yes, he sounds like a DJ to me. He sounds like a guy who is true to himself - dresses how he wants to, parties when he wants to, earns a living to sustain his lifestyle, enjoys a side hobby for the pure enjoyment of it, and gets laid as a byproduct of living life his way.

If he is unhappy - frustrated with his job, his living arrangement(s), and the women he bangs, then I would say "no."

But you've carefully extracted the happiness factor from your presentation, so going on facts alone, it's almost impossible to say. I don't envy Tony based on how you described him, but I don't pity him, either. If I met him and knew his demeanor and philosophy, I could make a better judgment.

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tony is in a band so band guys do get laid. I know guys in a band and they do get laid but the girls they **** are like HB4-HB6. I would say Tony is not a DJ. A man in his 40's should have earning potential.

A DJ is a man that is well rounded. Money, Woman, Health, Confidence, and a host of other things. This guy isn't the complete package.

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A state in America that'll unmercifully leave you
STR8UP said:
I know a guy. Let's call him Tony. Not the tallest guy in the world (maybe 5'7ish) and not the best looking (but certainly not ugly) who has the whole "bad boy rocker" vibe about him.

He's in his early 40's, sports piercings, dresses like someone in his 20's (typical rocker attire- jeans, tshirt, bandanna, leather wrist band, etc).

He is very unstable, meaning he cant seem to stay in one rented house/apartment for too long, always has roommates, actually DOES have a "wannabe" band going (you know, they play in the garage from time to time but have never made any money), and rides a bike (bicycle) to his job as a hair stylist (I think his truck might have gotten repoed).

Anyway, this dude doesn't have much going for him career wise. I think he has several kids from several different women, and he plows through pu$$y like a brand new snow plow through fresh powder. In other words, he gets laid like a rock star.

Recently I have been thinking about how guys view themselves and other men. The "DJ" title gets thrown around a lot. We also use the terms "alpha, Beta, AFC, etc" to distinguish people.

Sooooo...what is Tony?

A DJ?

An Alpha?

A Rogue?

A Cad?

I think people's responses will shed some light on what different types of behavior men "value", or more appropriately, what they judge themselves and others by.
Of course this doesn't suprise me in the least bit. Are these women attractive though? I'm assuming they are.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, no, it's a WANNABE band. They don't play "gigs". He plays guitar with a few guys at his house. He fukks his coworkers, and gets fired from salons because having him around creates too much drama.

If I get time I want to chime in with my opinion on him after a few more replies.

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
He fukks his coworkers, and gets fired from salons because having him around creates too much drama.
Lol!

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My opinion is: If you pull tons of tail you are a DJ. If you base your life, or a very significant portion of itaround pulling tail, you're a pua. Alpha has nothing to do with pulling tail, just how you are a leader, and dominate, and control your own reality, which in turn pulls tail. AFC is none of the above. Beta is letting people control you, and being passive. Some betas pull tons of tail, too, though.

My question is, is someone considered a PUA, if they dont acknowledge it?

I dont consider money and stability (probably cuz I have neither myself) to be a qualification of a DJ, personally, so I would say he is a DJ. Artists, musicians, and other people who live their life doing things that dont bring in much money, such as peace core volunteers, teachers, Nature photographers, etc (people who follow their passions, regardless of the income it brings) shouldnt be disqualified from DJ status because they dont care that much about money. They may not be marriage material, or providers, though. Its another story if you're a lazy fvck who has no ambition to do anything. The original Don Juan, was broke, and unstable also. It takes different strokes.

If stability and financial security are a requirement for being a DJ, then we lack a word for someone who is great with ladies, (yet doesnt revolve his world around it like a PUA) and isnt stable. Or is that simply being a 'natural?'

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If he's getting laid by attractive women on a regular basis, then he's a DJ in my book.

ChumpNoMore

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say no, because he has drama, no fixed address, and his finances are quite neglected or unimportant to him. A DJ is well rounded, and not merely measured by how much vajayjay he pulls.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tony is a natural.

When one of us can say with authority that we've become a DJ what that means is we've attained a level of skill with women that makes us just as good as Tony is naturally.

Being a rockstar and not giving a fvck well...

The first is an alpha profession the second is an alpha attitude.

So alpha and being a natural go hand in hand.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lookyoung said:
Tony is in a band so band guys do get laid. I know guys in a band and they do get laid but the girls they **** are like HB4-HB6. I would say Tony is not a DJ. A man in his 40's should have earning potential.

A DJ is a man that is well rounded. Money, Woman, Health, Confidence, and a host of other things. This guy isn't the complete package.
Tony has at least one trade to ply, so he technically has earning potential. He may get fired a lot, but so do a lot of NBA coaches who earn millions of dollars.

Wealth contributes to status, but a DJ does not need to be wealthy to HAVE status.

Upon further review, I think if you can pull tons of tail without letting it run your life, regardless of your station in life, you are a DJ. My only question with Tony is whether he is eating the bar or the bar is eating him....that is, to what degree do his offspring and job dismissals F up his life?

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't say for sure what he is. Tony gets lots of women but can he keep them? We could also ask does he even want to?

Regarding money, well he might like his lifestlye. Living day to day and doing what he likes. Alot of people with "good" jobs hate what they're doing and spend their lives making money to buy st!t they don't need and end up miserable. So it isn't essential to have money to be a DJ.

Luthor Rex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Tony is a loser who attracts loser women. Women who are hair dressers tend to be crazy beotches.

This guy sounds like he's living the life of several alcoholics I know. Yes they get women. If you pay attention to the women they get though... well, maybe they are DJ's if just go by numbers, but these are women who no one else wants.

Bottom feeders mate with other bottom feeders.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Luthor Rex said:
I think Tony is a loser who attracts loser women. Women who are hair dressers tend to be crazy beotches.

This guy sounds like he's living the life of several alcoholics I know. Yes they get women. If you pay attention to the women they get though... well, maybe they are DJ's if just go by numbers, but these are women who no one else wants.

Truth. He might be a DJ in the superficial definition but would you leave your Corvette or your G/f with him while you were abroad for a month ?

I had a 2year LTR with a hairdresser in 1993 and she was shallow and ditzy.

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
Anyway, this dude doesn't have much going for him career wise. I think he has several kids from several different women,

Sooooo...what is Tony?

He sounds like a "Rogue" and probably shouldn't be breeding.

Cheers!

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Luthor Rex said:

I agree but most women are losers and that's what most guys attract who attract a lot of women. I would categorize Tony as a natural. Most naturals are objectively losers who don't have that much wealth or status but still attract women.

Jeffst1980

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being a DJ is defined in so many different ways on this site that it may as well remain a vague, personal concept.

I think the litmus test is whether he's living the life he desires. That's really what we're aiming for--to maximize the value of our life.

Personally, I wouldn't want to live like Tony, but that would be imposing my value set upon him. His value set might be completely different--and I think YOU, as an individual, KNOW when you've "made it"--even if your life is in utter chaos.

Now, Tony is certainly NOT a high-valued male, and that is a quantifiable term that is basically dictated by society. He is getting laid IN SPITE of his current situation; proof that ANYONE can get laid regularly, despite any issues. He should come on here and say a few words to the posters whining about their height.

So, in short, Tony fits part of the DJ image--he gets the ladies and has solid game. I would have to say that there is a definite limit to the kind of girl he can snag, and that his approach is not for someone that desires power or wants to leave a mark on the world, but as for DJ or not...that's up to him to decide.

IronStar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting question.

Some reading between the lines here, but reads like Tony here is a fella living an extended adolescence, trying to accept as little responsibility as possible, the kind of life you'd expect a twenty year old to live.

Presumably the guy is broke, and I know it takes two to tango and all, but if he's knocking up women & leaving them to support the kids he's fathered is real shabby IMHO.

If we are talking of values, one of the things I value most in people is those that aspire to be something, and make something of their life. Someone prepared to take some f*cking responsibility.

Which dont sound much like Tony here.

DJ, Alpha, Rogue, Cad?

Sure, something of all those. Getting a damn sight more sex than me, thats for sure.

But a man I could respect? No.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rogue said:
Wait, I'm not Tony!
Should have stuck with Dish.....

Anyway, I think Kontroller hit it spot on. He's a natural.

The point of this thread was to ascertain what people see as being "admirable qualities" in a man.

This definitely goes to show that you don't need to be knocking down $250k= per year to be able to sleep with women, but at the same time it doesn't go to rule out the wealth/status/power theory either. Tony has the best kind of social status a man can ask for- he has women fighting over him.

As for Tony being "high value"....I believe that these women are using him the same as he is using them. I would bet that half of them have boyfriends and they are only looking to get it on short time with the guy who can get it on with a lot of women. Obviously he has "value" but i doubt that even if he did want to get married, most of these women aren't looking to marry him. He's a wham bam to them too.

I may be a little biased, but I DO believe that ambition in business/money/power IS important. In today's "specialized" society we obviously don't NEED a bunch of warriors (guys who are super ambitious), but the warriors of today do stand out from the crowd because of the way society is structured.

The guys who say "I'm comfortable making $40k per year and living a modest lifestyle" can no doubt attract women, but guys who say "My goal is to be the next Richard Branson" have a leg up on the competition. Most people very much misunderstand and underestimate the gravitational pull that this has over women.

In other words, if Tony were a bit more ambitious, he could probably have hotter, more dateable women rather than just running through a truckload of whatever is there at the moment.

But to each his own. If he's happy, good for him. In my eyes (FWIW) I wouldn't want to be riding a bike around working at the same level that 22 yr old chicks are working at for the rest of my life, no matter how much pu$$y I was nailing.