Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is Tony a DJ?

Mr. Me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
>> The point of this thread was to ascertain what people see as being "admirable qualities" in a man.>>

Perhaps we can fine tune that to say a better point to this thread would be to ask what makes Tony desirable to women, rather then admirable.

To which I'd answer, he has an edge. Bad boy/Rocker/Defiant/Drama Ridden. Not exactly "admirable" traits, but appealing to some women because of the excitement and emotional rollercoaster it provides them. Like playing with fire. Or maybe like what they feel when they watch Soap Operas.

Luthor Rex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
I agree but most women are losers
You notice this too?

WTF is wrong with this world. (I don't actually expect you to know. :D )

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
I think people's responses will shed some light on what different types of behavior men "value", or more appropriately, what they judge themselves and others by.
How is it at all possible for you to determine what I value or judge myself by if I call a spade a spade?

Or were you suggesting that how a person judges something, like, say, a woman's behavior, is a reflection of their own subjective beliefs?

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Should have stuck with Dish....."

Yeah you should go back to the Deep Dish name.

It stuck out and had style. :cool:

Rogue is a dime a dozen name you'll find all over the internets.

Not a very special name at all. :down:

Besides I much prefer to think of you as a highly intelligent pizza crust enthusiast than anything else. :crackup:

"The point of this thread was to ascertain what people see as being "admirable qualities" in a man."

Well I think you or someone else made a topic a while back that highlighted a not often studied phenomenon and that is that women seem to be most attracted to men who play a kind of fantasy role for them to get wrapped up in.

Firefighter, rockstar, policeman, UPS guy etc all fit the bill among others.

Tony plays the rockstar character to perfection and really is that guy on the inside so it probably makes him even more successful than a guy who just becomes a rockstar to score some poon.

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know guys who get a good number of women. The ones I pay attention to are with women I'd f-ck, the others seem to take whatever the hell is available, which most of us are capable of, but don't have the desire to do.

Is he f-cking women who are desirable to you?

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
I know a guy. Let's call him Tony. Not the tallest guy in the world (maybe 5'7ish) and not the best looking (but certainly not ugly) who has the whole "bad boy rocker" vibe about him.

He's in his early 40's, sports piercings, dresses like someone in his 20's (typical rocker attire- jeans, tshirt, bandanna, leather wrist band, etc).

He is very unstable, meaning he cant seem to stay in one rented house/apartment for too long, always has roommates, actually DOES have a "wannabe" band going (you know, they play in the garage from time to time but have never made any money), and rides a bike (bicycle) to his job as a hair stylist (I think his truck might have gotten repoed).

Anyway, this dude doesn't have much going for him career wise. I think he has several kids from several different women, and he plows through pu$$y like a brand new snow plow through fresh powder. In other words, he gets laid like a rock star.

Recently I have been thinking about how guys view themselves and other men. The "DJ" title gets thrown around a lot. We also use the terms "alpha, Beta, AFC, etc" to distinguish people.

Sooooo...what is Tony?

A DJ?

An Alpha?

A Rogue?

A Cad?

I think people's responses will shed some light on what different types of behavior men "value", or more appropriately, what they judge themselves and others by.
Depends who you ask. To low income earners, he may appear to be a DJ.

To high income earners, he appears to be a degenerate.

At the end of the day, I doubt he cares or should care how he appears as long as he is happy with himself.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Perhaps Tony is a walking talking example of that old saying -
"Even a blind pig will find a few acorns eventually".

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear All,
Of course Tony is a Don Juan,if you doubt it read up about the our illustrious forefather,whose name we proudly bear....Tony wasn't very lucky when he stood before the Almighty and was shovelled out his rations for creation..Short,unnattractive,not too smart....then,probably a relatively under priveleged background limiting his educational and hence future earning potential,but does this discourage our Lad?...not on your Nelly....He looks at the cards he was handed and notes one with a face on it,the only one in his hand its probably the Joker,he watches the game and decides to play it to advantage,he is an extrovert,hence he starts playing an instrument,while many of us are studying
our books.Tony notices the Attention and respect a Musician gets,from both sexes,Tonies ancestors were playing musical instruments around the camp fire maybe 100 thousand years ago,he also seriously thought about dancing,but Tony is a bit lazy,why chase tarts on the Dance Floor when by playing his Guitar they come to him?.....When his more intelligent friends, started University or entered into a profession,liking contact with people,and becoming quickly bored sitting at a desk,Tony becomes a Hairdresser,he is off,he learns how to interpret body language,he can size a Woman up in maybe 5 seconds of conversation,so he plays her like a Fish,gradually adding a New talent to his repertoire,the potential of a soothing touch of the hand....He learns how to flatter a Woman,they ALL love a spot of Jam,he learns to watch their eyes in the mirror as he practises his craft,maybe starting on the Old Girls he learns just how far he can go.....
So Tony might have got a second rate job in the Bank,and spent every spare minute studying Accountancy at night,and yeah after ten years he gets his Qualification....Big deal,but he has missed out on a lot of life...You can be sure as he breathes his penultimate breath Tony is not regretting all those extra Final Accounts he could have submitted,no he is smiling,his old bones rattling with delight as he thinks back on a life where he never passed up a chance...Tony,DJ,rogue and a cad to boot, is to be respected,he is by any Philanderers yardstick doing very well in the card game of love,Are you?one thing is for sure,he wont be posting on th this site.

evesman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Str8tup: it's pretty clear that you don't think very highly of this guy's lifestyle, so it's really pointless to post about someone you feel is lacking in some important regard.

It's an exercise in trying to make ourselves feel good by comparing ourselves to someone who by our standards doesn't have their professional/financial life in order.

--

Let's flip it around: since you feel it's important to get your financial house in order, then talk about how you've done that. Bashing this friend/acquaintance of yours is not really productive.

Conclusion: don't waste time bashing others: help yourself and help others to live great lives.

decades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know there is more to being a success than gettin "some". Sure he has that aspect of his life down (perhaps) but that's just one small aspect of a man's lifesytle. I would say that he was conditioned a certain way that gave him certain coping skills and skills that allow him to game and yes manipulate women into doing what he wants. But I look at the total package of what a man is and I will call him definitely an unfinished project, less than fully formed.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
shaunuk said:
I think this whole "Don Juan" is a completely b*llocks concept. lookyoung is chatting on about "earning potential" and being the "complete package" etc. How the fvck does having money and an awesome career mean you're a "real man". You can have fvck all money and be a good dude.
AFCs get laid, but they're still chumps. I'm not saying Tony is an AFC, but I've known model good looking guys who can hook up on any given night and still be chumps once it goes beyond that. I've worked with several millionaires, who by anyone's standard would be called "successes" and ambitious, but who fall apart in their perspective of women. AFCs can be millionaires, but they're still chumps (who often lose half their fortunes to divorce because of it).

"DJ" is really for lack of a better term, AFC is too, but a DJ is characterized by a mindset, not achievements. Achievements are by-products of a superior, confident, positively masculine, capital 'M' Man.

When I was in my 20's I was Tony, except I really was a legitimate (minor league) rock star. I cut my teeth in the Hollywood rock scene in the late 80s and early 90s and tapped more than my share of hot women. I was still an abject AFC, but I was a chump who was getting laid regularly. All it took was a 4.5 year LTR with a psychotically jealous BPD girl to bring it to the surface.

evesman

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is like those debates on whether Paula Abdul is black or white.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
shaunuk said:
Problem with this DJ image thing is that (IMO) everyone images this tall, dark handsome guy who has a *crisp* as hell look, wearing an armani suite, has lots and lots of talents, knocks girls off their feet with a single smirk, and is basically smooth as fvck.
You just described me to a T.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Luthor Rex said:
I think Tony is a loser who attracts loser women. Women who are hair dressers tend to be crazy beotches.
This is probably the case. These women may be somewhat or very physically attractive, but they probably are floozies. Most of us would stay clear of these women since we don't want to have coitus with crazy women.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tony is proof that external factors such as career success, ample income, owning property, nice cars, and even great looks are NOT necessary to lay a lot of women.

Like another poster said, I have known complete and utter losers who bag new chicks every week, many of them hot. So what does that say about them? Well, I can tell you guys like that aren't pulling well-rounded, stable women. The chicks they lay may be hot, but in terms of character I believe people tend to smell their own.

I would call him a rogue with some natural ability. That does not make him a DJ, at least in my book...but the definition of DJ is as varied as the people who know the term.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Colossus said:
That does not make him a DJ, at least in my book...but the definition of DJ is as varied as the people who know the term.
Hence, the point of this thread.

The guys without the looks tend to downplay the importance of looks. The guys without money tend to downplay the importance of wealth/status/power. But at the end of the day it ALL makes a difference. With women one thing can help to compensate for a deficiency in another area, depending upon what the woman wants out of that particular relationship, but in order to be able to attract a high value female and maintain a relationship with her, you gotta have your sh!t together all the way around.