"Nervous Around Beautiful Women? There's a Rule for That"

I could talk to any woman I wasn't attracted to. Charming, funny, relaxed. Then a gorgeous woman looked my way and I'd become a sweating, babbling mess.

The fix took me years to find and ten minutes to learn. Nervousness and excitement are the same physical state — pounding heart, adrenaline, flushed face. Your brain just picks the label. And you can pick a better one.

Rule 16 shows you how. You feel the nerves, relabel them as excitement, and let that energy pour out as enthusiasm. Women notice the guy radiating it. They always do.

Read more...

Is this AFC?

LeChanteur

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 28, 2003
Messages
44
Reaction score
1
It has been freezing where I am recently and I was at a party the other night and was just curious if offering your coat to a girl was AFC or not? I know some guys who definatly wouldn't but when Im standing talking to a cute girl who is just about shivering...
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Cheiradawg

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 17, 2003
Messages
501
Reaction score
0
.

.
 

Cheiradawg

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 17, 2003
Messages
501
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Cheiradawg
If you knew the chick it was not afc. It was manly as hell.

If you didn't know the chick (she was just standing there and you hadn't talked to her before or your conversation wasn't going ot last long) it would be wierd more than anything.
 

drmeathead

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 29, 2004
Messages
490
Reaction score
6
Age
47
depends...is her bf there or some dude she has been talking to all night. if so...let him put a coat on her. pretty much what i have gathered in my short time her is that you dont be a womans crutch (physically, mentally, or even spiritually) when she isnt interested in you sexually.

if you think about that primally, it makes sense. why help another guy pass his genes on? now being her crutch if you are involved with her sexually is fine. you arre simply protecting the vessel in which your genes are passed to the next generation.
 

coldcoal

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 17, 2001
Messages
319
Reaction score
1
It all really depends on how you are with women in general. Honestly, I think few things (with exception, of course) are AFC all by themself if you have a grasp on things. You can bend the rules here and there, but you don't want to go too far with it.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
795
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston, MA
Would it be AFC if I sacrificed my interests for hers? For instance standing outside smoking and the girl is shivering, but if I give her my coat I will be cold.
 

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
Ok I've been in a SIMILAR situation. Why do I say similar? Because in my situation I didn't even think. This girl that I'm friends with...she's hot...may be interested in me...I don't really care...

Anyways, she's really sick and she came to school in a sweater looking all tired and weak. So we had to get books from the pile and I said, "hey you need a book? don't sweat I see you're tired." so I got the book for her and it was all good. But I didn't carry her books or anything since we go different ways. So my rule is this: if you have to go out of your way to help a woman, don't. Unless they're your relative/mom/sibling/etc. But I had to get a book anyways...so why not get my profile boosted by helping out a friend in need yeah?

Go ahead, say this is AFC because I couldn't care less. This site and forum is awesome...nono beyond awesome, but sometimes we get caught up in the rules and terms. What wouuld you have done if you never even knew what AFC meant?
 

coldcoal

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 17, 2001
Messages
319
Reaction score
1
The problem is that it is extremely difficult to convey here how an action that would immediately be considered chumpish can once in a while play out to be very smooth.
To try to describe these situations would be more chaotic than helpful, because most of the newbs here seeking help would misinterpret & mangle the concept, only to come back here with a "wtf" thread.

The only post I've read that I can remember being a good example is a FR by ManOman some time back, which briefly highlighted on giving out roses in a night club. It was unusual enough to be positive in it's context, but the idea itself of "giving a rose" would be hissed and booed to no end if someone had asked, "Is it AFC to...?"

Context is very important. Too often overlooked I think.
 

Crank_It_Up

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
546
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by LeChanteur
It has been freezing where I am recently and I was at a party the other night and was just curious if offering your coat to a girl was AFC or not? I know some guys who definatly wouldn't but when Im standing talking to a cute girl who is just about shivering...
giving her your coat would be a gallant gesture on your part, but not being able to think for yourself and asking if it's ok or not is very AFC
 
Top