"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Is there something wrong with my apperance?

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

L B

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 28, 2004
Messages
526
Reaction score
9
Location
OC
Buddy, work with what you have. Listen well to the advice of your fellow DJs. Improve yourself everyday. Read Wiseman44's post again, and again, and again. Read it 20 times if you have to. You can learn greatly from it.

I go to CCP as well. What separates me and you from many students at CCP is that we, as DJs, continually improve ourselves and our game. If you keep at it, success will come to you in no time.

I started out thinking the odds are against me because I used to be a very shy person. When I developed the DJ mindset, all that changed. I now constantly challenge myself for growth. I do everything I can to improve myself and my game. I no longer have problem being shy. I hope that you do not give up and find a way to improve yourself.
 

Wyldfire

Banned
Joined
Oct 25, 2001
Messages
9,104
Reaction score
28
Re: dude...

Originally posted by didntcare
you have the look of a Hongkong star! what the hell are u talking about? get a jap style messy mane to hide your ears.

http://forum.japantoday.com/A_tribute_to_the_beauty_of_Asian_men!/m_150262/tm.htm

find one u fancy and grow it.

There is NOTHING wrong with his ears!

Listen...I'm an extremely visually wired woman. I'm VERY picky about faces, hair and how men package themselves. His ears aren't a problem. His face shape is kinda round so he needs to add length to it by spiking up his hair a bit. He has a baby face, so a little facial hair will make him look more masculine. The bright shirt pulls attention away from his face and eyes and down to his chest, which isn't his strong point. Women like eyes and that is where they're going to look first. His eyebrows need some grooming and all he has to do is just comb them so they don't have that traingular arch to them.

Then, yes, he should work on standing and walking more confident...but if he does the things I suggested he's going to look much better and he'll FEEL more confident, so it's a two-prong make over he needs.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

DJnomore

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 16, 2004
Messages
172
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by david90
Women usually look at me for a sec and then look away when I see them looking at me. I feel kinda bad because I feel like i'm scaring them or something. Because of this, I feel really self conscious and that stop me from approaching them.

Is what I desribed above the norm and it's what people do?
You look fine.

You do have an intense look though. Some people need to make an extra effort to smile and be open and friendly due to the natural look that they have.

I suspect if you learn to receive glances with an open and friendly face you will be just fine. You don't have to maintain the friendly look but its important that the first impression is such that you are not preceived as a physical threat.
 

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 14, 2004
Messages
1,143
Reaction score
13
Age
44
Location
Pittsburgh
Stop asking us what we think your age is......i know how this is gonna go.....Forum:"I think your 28, I think your 15, 19, 23" david:"No your all wrong i'm XX, Oh boo hoo why does everyone always think that I'm XX waaa waaa"

here's my advice on getting you to stop your insecurity

1. Stop asking so many questions, your questions reek of emotion......and emotions are for girls, stop revealing them to the whole world. Seriously

2. Work on your body language

3. Walk/Talk like a man

4. Accept certain inevitable facts about yourself, i truly believe you need to get this done first
 
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
366
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Wiesman44
Dear David:

Your not ugly. Your no Brad Pitt, but your problem does not lie in your face. It lies in your body and body language.

I can tell by your picture that you're somewhat shy and quiet. Its all in your body language. I would have guessed you lacked confidence even w/o this post, but with just the pic.

1) Start working out, girls aren't attracted to scrawny guys. Your young, so you should build muscle quickly.

2) Get that expression off your face. Its reaks of AFCness. Grin, smile, anything that portrays confidence. You just don't look attractive in that pose. I dont ever want to see that expression on your face again. Its not becoming of youl.

3) Don't slouch. Damn it. Throw your shoulders back and stick out your chest.

4) Start working out ! (i know i repeated myself) You have the average thin asian figure. Stand out from the crowd and build muscle. It will skyrocket your confidence 10 fold.
thats a great post but dont overdo trying to stick out ur chest or w.e, i see these fools doing this stuff all the time and everyone can see that ur consciously tryign to stick out ur chest, it looks worse than just doing ur thing and slouching.
 

david90

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
423
Reaction score
0
thanks for all the advice. In that pic, my body language and facial expression weren't so good cuz I was angry. I got into a little accident in the parking lot.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Top