Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is there something wrong with my apperance?

david90

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Women usually look at me for a sec and then look away when I see them looking at me. I feel kinda bad because I feel like i'm scaring them or something. Because of this, I feel really self conscious and that stop me from approaching them.

Is what I desribed above the norm and it's what people do?

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
post a pic

david90

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

I do have clay aken's ears and I feel conscious about it. They stick out :mad:

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by david90

You go to Cal Poly Pomona? I used to go there, graduated 4 years ago.

As far as your problem, you need to find a way to get over your self-conciousness. That will only hurt your game. Guys who are able to approach at will can do so partly because they're not self concious and they don't care what others think.

LucidDreamer

Don Juan
Reaction score
All i can say -- as far as physical insecurites go -- keep them to yourself, aside from the internet of course. Never tell anyone about these kinds of insecurities. Not even your friends. Do however deal with them internally by focusing on your positive physical attributes.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I think it's fair to say, objectively you are well within the realms of normal-good looking and with some work will be even better.

Now my latest hobby horse is people mindreading- and this cuts both ways as well.

You get the guy on here saying, 'Yeah, and I've noticed girls checking me out, all this bulkings really working'

How do they know? How do they know she wasn't thinking, 'Look at that tosser, what a wanker.'

Well he doesn't, not unless he asks her and even then they can lie to you you know! :eek:

The point I'm making is it's whatever your thoughts are, these are what you project onto them and you make the assumption she thinks you look scary.

Now you may be right, or the guy who's all puffed up might be, but tell me this, which is most likely to get you to approach her and find out for sure?

jason86

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by LucidDreamer
All i can say -- as far as physical insecurites go -- keep them to yourself, aside from the internet of course. Never tell anyone about these kinds of insecurities. Not even your friends. Do however deal with them internally by focusing on your positive physical attributes.
I actually ad a friend who mentioned once for a joke that he was not to be fuked with coz of his 'badass italian mafia nose'. I dont know, it just made him come out as quite secure. But i guess this was different coz he was joking positively about it, but it definitly made me think that he doesnt give two ****s about his nose.

Get a new hairstyle david. I dont know how old you are but dude my dad has that hairstyle and hes 50!.

david90

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My hair style is 50's? I think u see that I have a fro :) but I don't. It is hard to see from the pic but my hair is short and straight and gelled down with the front going up a bit.

david90

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Alpine
Ok, I think it's fair to say, objectively you are well within the realms of normal-good looking and with some work will be even better.

Now my latest hobby horse is people mindreading- and this cuts both ways as well.

You get the guy on here saying, 'Yeah, and I've noticed girls checking me out, all this bulkings really working'

How do they know? How do they know she wasn't thinking, 'Look at that tosser, what a wanker.'

Well he doesn't, not unless he asks her and even then they can lie to you you know! :eek:

The point I'm making is it's whatever your thoughts are, these are what you project onto them and you make the assumption she thinks you look scary.

Now you may be right, or the guy who's all puffed up might be, but tell me this, which is most likely to get you to approach her and find out for sure?
Are u serious when u said i'm average looking? My self esteem is not so low that I think i'm below average but the fact is that i am. People don't want me to feel bad and say that i'm average and I beleived that and worked on my personality instead. I worked on my personality and didn't get results and wondered why. Maybe it's my looks after all.

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're looks are fine dude. That's not the reason they're looking at you. They're just like anyone else, they just start feeling self-concious themselves when they're caught checking out a guy.

Just work on your personality. Get a sense of humor, stuff like that.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score

Groom your eyebrows, spike up your hair, try to grow a little facial hair (just a little bit) and wear better colors. Get yourself some earth tones (burgundy, olive green, grays, navy blues are ok too.).

There's nothing wrong with how you look, only how you're packaging what you have. Don't worry about your ears, they aren't bad. The biggest thing is the devil-arch of your eyebrows...makes you look a little evil.

kel

Don Juan
Reaction score
You're a fine lookin' young man, as my mother would say.

If you look at a girl who's looking at you and she looks away, thats good! That shows that she's submitting to you. They dont want to be caught staring the same way YOU dont wanna be caught staring. Next time you look at a woman while she's looking at you, just smile at her. Dont worry about anything else. If she looks away, then whatever. Go chat with her (after class or whatever). A lot of girls will be impressed that you had the balls to look her in the eye, smile, then approach her. Even if its just to say Hi, it doesn't matter. I guarantee you'll brighten her day. Get her # too if you feel comfortable doing so at this point in the game.

--Kel

tom121

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
damn your good looking asian and i am ugly asian myself

we both have the same problem, women tend to look at me for a second and look away. But sometimes I caught them looking at me behind my back

BigWillyStyle

Banned
Reaction score
David90 you look like the asian guy off of Kumar and what's his name go to white caste. You look fine, just make the approach!

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The girls notice you but they don't want to get caught staring, that's why they look away.

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear David:

Your not ugly. Your no Brad Pitt, but your problem does not lie in your face. It lies in your body and body language.

I can tell by your picture that you're somewhat shy and quiet. Its all in your body language. I would have guessed you lacked confidence even w/o this post, but with just the pic.

1) Start working out, girls aren't attracted to scrawny guys. Your young, so you should build muscle quickly.

2) Get that expression off your face. Its reaks of AFCness. Grin, smile, anything that portrays confidence. You just don't look attractive in that pose. I dont ever want to see that expression on your face again. Its not becoming of youl.

3) Don't slouch. Damn it. Throw your shoulders back and stick out your chest.

4) Start working out ! (i know i repeated myself) You have the average thin asian figure. Stand out from the crowd and build muscle. It will skyrocket your confidence 10 fold.

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wiesman44

2) Get that expression off your face. Its reaks of AFCness. Grin, smile, anything that portrays confidence. You just don't look attractive in that pose. I dont ever want to see that expression on your face again. Its not becoming of youl.
He is grinning, just kind of nervously. I agree with everything else.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
how old do you think I am?
I'd guess around 26.

aaron231

Reaction score
I agree a 100% with wiseman. I'm a 5'10 128 pounder but I learned to walk with authority and it made all the difference in the world. I've had women say they love the way I walk.

Just throw the shoulders back, its so simple but so few guys do it. Theres nothing like a semi-****y swagger to show people how confident you are.

A