Is there something wrong with letting girls come to YOU?

Jack McCrack

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
We're guys, we hunt. They're women, they choose.

But does it have to be that way? Can't a man sit back and pick the women he wants at leisure without even having to say "hello"?

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure, all you need is to become rich or famous.

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
Jitterbug said:
Sure, all you need is to become rich or famous.
Not true, I would say alot of my pickups actually picked me up. I don't know how or why it happens but it does. During my first yr of uni, girls 3-13 probably picked me up.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Only wrong because people say if you're not approaching you're a pvssy. Having them chase you is fun.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No there isn't and actually thats a teaching in the 48 Laws of Power.

Its advised to go after girls on this site though for good reason.

To get new recruits ie the new would be DJ's (ex AFC's) used to going after what they want and not hoping it comes to them.

Also to go after chicks builds confidence and toughens you up from any rejections you receive out in the field.

Making the chicks come to you is usually reserved for advanced DJ's who've already mastered the going after the chick approach and also for advanced DJ's the chicks coming after them is a side effect at times of their life change and not something they always actively courted in a particular woman that finds interest in them.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
No there isn't and actually thats a teaching in the 48 Laws of Power.

Its advised to go after girls on this site though for good reason.

To get new recruits ie the new would be DJ's (ex AFC's) used to going after what they want and not hoping it comes to them.

Also to go after chicks builds confidence and toughens you up from any rejections you receive out in the field.

Making the chicks come to you is usually reserved for advanced DJ's who've already mastered the going after the chick approach and also for advanced DJ's the chicks coming after them is a side effect at times of their life change and not something they always actively courted in a particular woman that finds interest in them.
Most of my "experience" is with chicks at work. I was spared the scary part of approaching but got very good at just basically doing nothing and having the girls chase after me and fight over me and be all dramatic (good kind) and me not doing anything. All incoming. It's happening again right now but no, chicks and work don't mix.

I'm not sure how I can translate this to approaching strangers but I'll figure it out.

Tear Gas

Don Juan
Reaction score
in my experience, women that approach guys are either slutty or ugly or a combination of both..hot quality girls don't need to approach guys cause guys are already approaching them in the first place..plus girls need a lot of confidence to approach guys, and there's not many girls that have that confidence..if you want the big catch, you gotta make the first move, then let her work from there ;)

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
Tear Gas said:
in my experience, women that approach guys are either slutty or ugly or a combination of both..hot quality girls don't need to approach guys cause guys are already approaching them in the first place..
For the most part this is true, but if your just looking for a ONS, what does it matter if she knows what she wants. Calling a women a slvt is exactly like a bully, its done by someone with LSE to put the other person down to make themselves feel better.

Tear Gas said:
iplus girls need a lot of confidence to approach guys, and there's not many girls that have that confidence..if you want the big catch, you gotta make the first move, then let her work from there ;)
Unless you are the BIG CATCH, then they will come to you.

Tear Gas

Don Juan
Reaction score
MacAvoy said:
For the most part this is true, but if your just looking for a ONS, what does it matter if she knows what she wants. Calling a women a slvt is exactly like a bully, its done by someone with LSE to put the other person down to make themselves feel better.

Unless you are the BIG CATCH, then they will come to you.
even if you are the BIG CATCH, at most you'll notice women eyeing you regulary, getting constant IOIs etc.. but you might get lucky and get approached by a hot quality chick that kinda tipsy and finally approached you, but are you just gonna sit back till that happens and let all the hot shy girls pass by? :down: at least make a move when you see a hot chick giving IOIs :cool:

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
Tear Gas said:
but are you just gonna sit back till that happens and let all the hot shy girls pass by? :down: at least make a move when you see a hot chick giving IOIs :cool:
Gas,

If you read the entire thread, you would know where I'm coming from. I never said DON'T APPROACH ever. I was elaborating on Kontrollers idea that when you get to a point, you don't need to approach every single target that you see. (and I was also being a little ****y)

Once you are the big catch, you don't want to waste your time with a shy girl who has LSE. You can be alot more picky when you've already had your quantity of women.

But you've been here for over 2 years, you know that already and have demonstrated that with all the FR's you've posted about all your success and interactions with women. :kick:

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
krazyboy99 said:
yes, there is something wrong with it. 99% of the time they won't.
Where do you get stuff like this from? And what counts as an approach?

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are a Man. It is incumbent upon you to approach. Get used to the idea. An approach conveys confidence, and even a failed approach is better than not having done so.

Whenever I see threads like "why can't we just sit back and have the ladies come to us", all this smacks of rejection fear.

potato

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The whole process of a man and woman coming together is a dynamic process. Neither man nor woman will succeed without doing something. All social interactions are like this, they require the active participation of all parties involved.

Throughout my life I have approached women and have had women approach me with the more common being a bit of a mutual approach. In every case it was the interaction that led to something. You can’t be a social butterfly sitting in the corner waiting for others to come to you, you have to mingle, to be socially active.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you count signals of interest from the girl as an approach from her to you?
Seems like the more you are aware of body language, and what those signals are, it would give you that extra boost of confidence. No I'm not approaching yet but I am paying more attention to how women react when I'm around. Yes I will be approaching.

magnet7

Banned
Reaction score
Girls Don't "Approach" the same way that guys do

...girls will drop subtle hints, or signs of attraction, and that's their way of approaching. In that way, I usually let them come to me.

For example a girl will check me out, or be be in my proximity......she'll bend over near me, flaunt body, flip her hair, walk around me or follow me, bump into me......stuff like that. They try to get your attention for you to make the move. They will start a conversation with you while waiting in line at the grocery store, and stuff like that.

When guys say "girls approach" them, it's not like these girls just walk up and game the guy. It's not like that....like also at the grocery store, which I've found is one of the best places to pickup girls ;) ......you're in an isle looking at cans, and the girl will just conveniently come and stand a few feet from you, or pickup something right beside you...even if she really doesn't need it, she'll pretend like she does. That gives you an invitation to start a conversation with her.

I swear, if you guys stopped talking so much about openers, and exact processes for your approaches - and instead you focused on noticing how girls give you these invitations - you would be way ahead of a lot of guys.

I don't just approach a woman unless I know she has shown interest with body language because otherwise it's a waste of time.

That kind of approach with no interest is for the chumps and guys who can afford to waste their time. I go to school full-time doing my Masters, and also run a business, so I don't have time to do 2000 approaches. That's the loser way of doing things.

I don't know why you guys think it's "so advanced" to let girls show interest in you. I think the guys who think this is advanced don't really understand it.

It's not like you isolate yourself and wish that women just show up next to you. Nooo....you do your normal thing, and are a social person. Women are literally everywhere, but most guys are blind or asleep.

Why do some guys feel like they need to go to a bar/club to pickup chicks when.......there are chicks at the book store, the grocery store, the laundromat, at fastfood places (albeit fat ones there ;)), and plenty of other places.....and usually it's the same girls who go to the club at night that are at these places during the day.

Why spend like $50 to go out at night and all that extra time, when you can pick up the same chicks during the day.....and they're a lot easier to pickup during the day. You think alcohol makes things better? In that kind of environment you have a gazillion c0ckblocks, loud noise, crowds, etc. During the day it's usually just you and her. Why make it so hard on yourselves?

If you have the confidence to simply wake up and open your eyes, you'll see that there are women out there ALREADY giving you these signs. You just gotta take the opportunity.

Most of you are just too shy or not good at your observational skills. There's nothing advanced about it.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
great post magnet7.

--bookmarked.

magnet7

Banned
Reaction score
reset said:
great post magnet7.
Hey, you had a good post too that you're paying attention to those signs.....that's a much better way to start than to just do approaches like some other guys would. It really pays off to hone your observation skills. And the second most important thing is taking action when they like what they see :D