Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is there finding purpose an illusion we create in our minds?

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They find that when we find our purpose then we will became happy, rich and wealthy. I'm questioning how much this is true lately.

The idea of having purpose is really interesting and it make us feel good... But at least for me, its so difficult to have clarity on what is my purpose. I ask that constantly and sometimes I can't find any purpose on the way society is structured today.

There are pleasures I have but, I can't see that much purpose.

Should purpose be only surviving, making money, pay bills and find hobbies that give us pleasure?

Or, is it possible to find purpose on western society?

Or is that only a fantasy that we use to try to fill our ego, based on the fact that deep inside we know that there is no purpose?

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Through parental upbringing, advertisements, TV programming, our peers, etc... we've been lead to believe that a new purchase or conquest will make us feel complete.

Reality isn't always pretty. No differently than mice... even if we no longer want the cheese, we're still stuck inside the maze.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Through parental upbringing, advertisements, TV programming, our peers, etc... we've been lead to believe that a new purchase or conquest will make us feel complete.

Reality isn't always pretty. No differently than mice... even if we no longer want the cheese, we're still stuck inside the maze.
Great point man!

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nobody as I know ever said that.

Happy, yes, but "rich" and "wealthy"? Who told you that?
I used to hear that on videos, articles and even talking with people... Like, find your purpose and you will find your happiness, and some also tell that this could make you get more money because you would be doing what you love.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to hear that on videos, articles and even talking with people... Like, find your purpose and you will find your happiness, and some also tell that this could make you get more money because you would be doing what you love.
You sure that wasn't a law of attraction infomercial?

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
You might never find “it.” Plenty of people don’t. It’s ok. You can’t force it. It either reveals itself or it doesn’t.

I agree that dating gurus keep pushing this “purpose => money” paradigm. Then they tell you THEIR life purpose is to be a YT-er making videos about purpose lol.

RBK

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's more that we don't have to do with what our caveman ancestors did. Their biggest fear was not eating, or a dinosaur killing them.

Finding your purpose is just a guide to a life that doesn't revolve around women. I see on this forum too often men making women the center of their world and that will only lead to constant dissapointment.

Alex_011

Reaction score
We must imagine all goals in our head in order to get as close as possible to it.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well, the bad news the purpose of humans is to multiply regardless if you are religious or not.

our core purpose is to make a baby and have it grow and make one or more itself. humans do pretty good at this as the population continues to increase. gender relations and all the women/men problems are subs to this purpose.

if you find something else to focus on then you might look interesting to others. but in the core, the purpose will always be what is programed in from the cells. it is better to fully understand the real purpose and accept it instead of looking for a mask.

how we achieve the purpose (reproduction and evolution) is the topic.