"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

Is there being overly unneedy?

RedKnight04

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 23, 2004
Messages
218
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Okay, now I got my dress down to a science and I've been starting to get my feet wet. I'm telling you if you read my dressing post on the other tips forum - follow them they help alot. Anyway the dressing is only half the battle so let me explain what I mean by too UNNEEDY.

I took this girl out the other night after we talked a little off the personals. Anyway I wanted to go to a gaming place like a fun miniture golf thing or whatever so I thought well how about it. So we went over and ended up meeting before.

NOW - first she called and told me she was going to be 10 minutes late. So allready I popped into my routine of questioning it but not giving it a hard time except busting her on it when we meet.

So she comes a little later then me and I was sitting down and was amazed how hot she was. I said wow you are tall! I didn't so I was too NEEDY by sparky out compliments. I figured that was the way too go. Anyways the night goes on and I was talking alot which I had to admit but she looked interested. She wasn't asking me questions I was just telling her confident things about my job, my family, my life. Okay maybe that wasn't the best idea.

I on the otherhand was also asking good questions. Anyways I heard her talk indirectly about future meetings but I shut my mouth b/c I wasn't too NEEDY. So then she asks, (it was sunday) if she can call it a night b/c she has a test tommorow (that was the reason her ass was late i forgot to mention - she was studying, how lame :). )

So we walked back to our cars and I busted on her about her ride and said I couldn't talk to somebody who drove that, so she says okay, and I gave a sly smile.

Anyhew, and honestly, I don't give a **** because I don't have the ego anymore to get caught up on one girl. But maybe I was too UNNEEDY, I mean is there such a thing? What is the balance? What is the drawing point? You do not want to act like you want to sleep with them but what do you do?
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

RedKnight04

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 23, 2004
Messages
218
Reaction score
0
Age
43
I forgot to add what happened LOL

I called her and left a messaging that I was touching base and saying hi. and for her to call me back and that was it. I haven't heard back.

???
 

Walk this Way

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
107
Reaction score
1
Studying is a lame excuse even among the most studious girls, especially to end a date. That's a pretty bad sign. You were fine, she just wasn't interested. Seriously, if you try to act macho or ultraconfident, it's just not going to work.
 

white_hype

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 27, 2003
Messages
522
Reaction score
1
seems like there was a lack of interest, i blame you for bringing up boring topics and doing most of the talking

hot girl=bust on her a lot...

when she came late you could have easily busted (you had 10 mins to think of something)

here are some i just came up with in 10 secs
"wow for showing up so late you could have at least taken a shower or something"

"you better be worth the wait"


when you said that comment about her car and she said "ok" that is NOT good.. this shows she doesnt really care what happens with you/her

she "seemed" interested? you need to get yourself to the point where she is laughing a lot and you are continually busting on her and NOT bragging/talking about boring stuff like your job/school (you should RARELY talk about school, its the last thing students want to talk about, turst me)

hope this helps
 

AlwaysExcel

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
293
Reaction score
0
Location
Midwest USA
I don't know about CONTINUALLY busting on a girl. There is a point where you come off as trying too hard. I think you should be able to hold an interesting conversation peppered with C&F but not overuse it. Or use a lot of humor but don't direct it all at her.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
If a girl is not interested from the get-go then there is nothing you can do - just don't try to impress her by talking about yourself or trying to be too funny. Also, you should cut the date short not her!
 
Top