Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is there any truth to the phrase “out of your league”?

Fer de Lance

Reaction score
I’ve never paid much attention to the notion of “leagues”, but I’ve recently reconnected with a woman who is now a doctor, is stunning, and draws in some pretty high status, attractive men and women into her life. And this is one of the few times I’ve felt that a woman is objectively out of my league.

Is there much truth to the phrase “out of your league”? Or is it just a phrase people use to drag others down, and something people tell themselves that limits their potential?

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve never paid much attention to the notion of “leagues”, but I’ve recently reconnected with a woman who is now a doctor, is stunning, and draws in some pretty high status, attractive men and women into her life. And this is one of the few times I’ve felt that a woman is objectively out of my league.

Is there much truth to the phrase “out of your league”? Or is it just a phrase people use to drag others down, and something people tell themselves that limits their potential?
"Hood" guys fvck women of all "levels" and so do male strippers. For sex its about SMV.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, 300 lb fat guy probably isn’t gonna have much luck with fitness models. (unless he’s rich)

A 5’2 guy probably isn’t gonna have luck with a 5’11 blonde Scandinavian chick (unless he’s rich)

A grocery store clerk isn’t going to have much luck with a chick who’s a brain surgeon (unless he’s rich and stocks groceries for fun)

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are no leagues. There is only your current LMS and your own actions or inactions which cause it to rise or drop. Potentially you can get with any woman, if she likes you. That also means a girl you thought was "in your league" could easily reject you anyway, if she doesn't like you.

Attraction isn't a science.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is most-true when you believe it to be true because it manifests itself is your energy, communication and sub communication. Women sense it keenly.

You must grow as a person until you find out what your real SMV potential is. ONLY then will you truly know and be able to have the vibe, attitude and entitlement that comes with it.

GioWolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
“Leagues” as OP is describing are only for marriage. No doctor is going to marry a janitor. For sexual purposes they will have an affair with a hot janitor all day.

If a woman has pure physical attraction for a man, it doesn’t matter what he does or what she does. She’ll get what she wants from the janitor and then marry some other Beta doctor so it looks good on paper.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh come on didnt u get the memo that its all about "confidence"?
Yea but they don't have to value your confidence in their social pyramid. But if your smart enough not to put your confidence in their ponzi scheme and you have a hot sexual image Youll get puzzy.

coyote_astro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As true as it may be, and indeed I agree it exists especially in cases of extreme difference in value, I think that the idea of a "league" can be a very counterproductive thing to focus on, at least as a beginner.

Obviously I don't say that a 300lbs loser should think he deserves the high school hottie cheerleader with 0 effort, but barely any men that get into this self-improvement arena fall into this category. Most of them I have seen, including me when I started, suffer from the usual mix of nice guy attributes/low self-esteem etc
Brainwashing oneself with some extra entitlement can only help to get out of this pit. Even if you don't get the 10 that might be "out of your league", your confidence boost is gonna make you more attractive to others.
Dwelling on issues of height, race, money and all that sh!t is not gonna help much.

Thinking about these issues from a place of abundance is perfectly fine. But most people that waste energy on these topics are far from it I believe.

Reaction score

I mean the whole value dynamic thing is a little odd if you get too attached to it. At a very general level I do think people seek to value maximize. Hypergamy is an obvious example of this.

However, this all kinda falls apart when you look at actual choices vs perceived value. There are countless examples of girls dating down and guys dating down. It's almost as if its mere combinatorics.

Also it doesn't really matter in any medium to long term sense of things. If you're merely looking for hookups then value dynamics matter. But when you start to introduce personality, relationships, cohabitation, etc. then only looking at initial signals of value kind of seems like a bad strategy.

Cheers

HoneyHitter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, so you consider a specific woman “out of your league”... today. Do you think she’ll still be “out of your league” 3 years from now? What about ten years from now? Twenty years?

Things change. People change. All. The. Time. So how does anyone benefit from a static concept such as “leagues”?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m all for positive influence and confidence; thinking you can conquer anything if you just put your mind to it, but let’s face it: some men just won’t get some women.
I would take it a step further: Some men just won't get some women, no matter how much they try to self improve.
That doesn't mean you shouldn't self improve though.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For pure raw sexual lust & attraction...... unfortunately yes. There can be certain exceptions but overall as a whole, yes.

Which one of these guys would this chick give the time of day to? it's just the way it is.

Attachments

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
For pure raw sexual lust & attraction...... unfortunately yes. There can be certain exceptions but overall as a whole, yes.

Which one of these guys would this chick give the time of day to? it's just the way it is.
In that guy's case I think his abs are a bit too ripped. Might be the air brushing too though.

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Whatever you look for and focus upon you will create more of.

There is as much truth to it as you assign unto it.

For every rule has an exception, every distribution an outlier, lead or follow you get to choose.

jerrycalahan

Banned
Reaction score
Political correctness says there are no hierarchies, we are all equal.

From the perspective of political correctness, for example, there are no racial differences in athletic ability. However, since 70% of nba players are black, the only plausible explanation for this is that this racial disparity is due to racism. But not many people believe it; most people believe the nba is 70% african american since african americans are either more suited physiologically for basketball and/or because they work harder at the game and/or because they participate in larger numbers.

You can brainwash people into believing that hierarchies are unnatural through constant propaganda. For example, you can brainwash people into believing that all races are equally intelligent and that any disparities are due to racism. And people will believe it for the most part.

Common sense however says inequality exists everywhere: intelligence, looks, strength, wealth, creativity, productivity, etc.

So it depends on whether you buy into the blue pill (political correctness) or the black pill (unadulterated reality). Most people buy into the blue pill because it's a comforting lie (everyone's (supposedly) equal). Most who recognize reality (black pill) are shunned and banned.

So yeah, women will continue to say they value personality above all else (blue pill), but in reality, they go for the best looking guys whenever and wherever possible (black pill).

jerrycalahan

Banned
Reaction score
LOL, 99%+ of the human population can't cope without some blue pill lies like religion or political correctness or heavy doses of meds like marijuana, prescription opioids or alcohol or tv or all of the above.

Before, hierarchy was just a natural reflection of who was stronger, more intelligent, more charismatic.

Nowadays, jewish communists have imposed the lie of political correctness just about everywhere and so whenever we are forced to wake up from our stupor and confront reality we experience enormous cognitive dissonance and beg for another drug and another stupor.