Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is there a genetic component to alpha/beta?

GoodMan32

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am, in a lot of ways, the stereotypical beta. However, my dad is a total alpha (college football player).

Evidently it is possible for an alpha to spawn a beta.

How common is it for alphas to spawn betas (or vice versa) though? In general, is there a genetic component to alpha/beta?

GoodMan32

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
They don’t exist. Check your testosterone level
When I say I'm a stereotypical beta, I'm not necessarily talking about testosterone levels. I'm talking more about the overall package. For example:

-I don't hunt or fish.
-I have no interest in sports.
-I would never agree to a street-fight (for that matter, the typical WOMAN outweighs me)
-I have no desire to be a leader in the workplace.
-I'm very particular about my appearance (I wax my chest. I go ballistic if my perfectly-combed head hair gets messed up, etc)

These are the best examples I can think of off the top of my head. If I reflected for longer, I could probably come up with additional examples.

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-I don't hunt or fish.
-I have no interest in sports.
-I would never agree to a street-fight (for that matter, the typical WOMAN outweighs me)
-I have no desire to be a leader in the workplace.
-I'm very particular about my appearance (I wax my chest. I go ballistic if my perfectly-combed head hair gets messed up, etc)
Not being interested in these things does not make you beta.

Alpha/Beta for me is revealed in how you communicate with women. And whether or not you are successful with them
(alpha vs wannabe alpha).

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am, in a lot of ways, the stereotypical beta. However, my dad is a total alpha (college football player).

How common is it for alphas to spawn betas (or vice versa) though? In general, is there a genetic component to alpha/beta?
just Seems that your father was not really that involved in your education as you were growing up

whatever you mentioned are things that are passed from father to child

things that used to be also passed from father to child was also how to deal with women

if you ask any old man , 70+ he will tell you that women are not meant to be taken seriously and that you should never chase women

have no idea how the chain of passing down to generations info Broke , but for sure it did as The younger generations Mainly did not really learned anything from the older ones ( willingly or not )

GoodMan32

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Believe me or not, I said those things myself as well and once I started going to the gym, I started to be more aggressive and competitive. Once your testo is elevated, you want to keep it up and that only works when you are in a competitive state, work out etc.

Again check your testosterone level
Looking into my testosterone level is brilliant; I will definitely keep it in mind.

One thing I should have mentioned (and this is perhaps one of my few alpha traits): I work out.

For a guy of my size, I'm relatively strong. I still don't stand a chance against the average guy in a street-fight though (plus, even if I was built like an NFL player, I have no interest in street-fights)

GoodMan32

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Not being interested in these things does not make you beta.

Alpha/Beta for me is revealed in how you communicate with women. And whether or not you are successful with them
(alpha vs wannabe alpha).
Thanks for the encouragement.

Buddy Brown released a YouTube video this week about (his definition of) beta males. In general, I love his channel. However, when he was describing his idea of a beta male, I thought to myself "Holy crap, he's describing me." I guess I should take his opinion with a grain of salt though.

As for how successful I am with the ladies, I am shy/socially awkward. Nuff said.

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As for how successful I am with the ladies, I am shy/socially awkward. Nuff said.
Ok then it's this that makes you beta (which can be fixed). Not the aforementioned hobbies.

GoodMan32

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
just Seems that your father was not really that involved in your education as you were growing up

whatever you mentioned are things that are passed from father to child

things that used to be also passed from father to child was also how to deal with women

if you ask any old man , 70+ he will tell you that women are not meant to be taken seriously and that you should never chase women

have no idea how the chain of passing down to generations info Broke , but for sure it did as The younger generations Mainly did not really learned anything from the older ones ( willingly or not )
Football is my dad's life. I went to games with him as a kid. I never quite got into it though.

As a little kid, the games were fun because I got to spend time with daddy (even if I had little interest in the game itself). By the time I got to high school, however, it finally dawned on me: Why go to football games in the first place, seeing as they don't interest me?

In a nutshell, I guess you could say my dad did everything he could to get me to act like him, yet it somehow failed to click.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In a nutshell, I guess you could say my dad did everything he could to get me to act like him, yet it somehow failed to click.
Dunno man , looking at my relationship with my dad … he put a lot of time in teaching me stuff

when I was young , he would play with me football and all the time encouraged me to do sports

when I got older , we would spend time by doing things at the car ( changing the bulbs , etc etc )

And all the time told me not to be a p8ssy , even if I would get punched in the face

I remember that once I came back home after I had a fight and I was a mess . He helped with the wounds cleaning and told me that I look like sh1t but at least I was not a p8ssy and stood for myself

I think that what you are describing is a bit different to what I was referring and explained now

mind you , my father is not perfect … but he tried to his best of his knowledge to be a good parent .Same thing with my mother

but overall , I would say that my older brother and my grandfather had the biggest influence on me as male models . Mainly because they had more time to spend with me than my father had

GoodMan32

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dunno man , looking at my relationship with my dad … he put a lot of time in teaching me stuff

when I was young , he would play with me football and all the time encouraged me to do sports

when I got older , we would spend time by doing things at the car ( changing the bulbs , etc etc )

And all the time told me not to be a p8ssy , even if I would get punched in the face

I remember that once I came back home after I had a fight and I was a mess . He helped with the wounds cleaning and told me that I look like sh1t but at least I was not a p8ssy and stood for myself

I think that what you are describing is a bit different to what I was referring and explained now

mind you , my father is not perfect … but he tried to his best of his knowledge to be a good parent .Same thing with my mother

but overall , I would say that my older brother and my grandfather had the biggest influence on me as male models . Mainly because they had more time to spend with me than my father had
People can (and do) die from a single punch. This isn't me being a (slang term for female sex organs). This is me stating a fact.

If I had my way, punches would get prosecuted as attempted murders (And if the victim dies, the aggressor would get charged with murder; not manslaughter)

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People can (and do) die from a single punch. This isn't me being a (slang term for female sex organs). This is me stating a fact.

If I had my way, punches would get prosecuted as attempted murders (And if the victim dies, the aggressor would get charged with murder; not manslaughter)
you are too much of a wuss

trust me man , if you know that you can throw a punch , it will make you feel Like the top dog

a guy being able defending himself is a must

GoodMan32

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you are too much of a wuss

trust me man , if you know that you can throw a punch , it will make you feel Like the top dog

a guy being able defending himself is a must
All the self-defense moves in the world (and the ability to throw a punch) are meaningless if you hit the pavement (and die) before you have a chance to strike back.

I can throw a punch. I simply choose not to.

When I worked at a store, my boss wanted me to confront suspicious customers. I refused. I wasn't going to risk dying to protect corporate's merchandise. What's in it for me?

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
My Dad was a total player. Like of legend, I have two sets of half siblings from two marriages other than the one to my mom. One before and one during - of course this was the 50’s-80’s when a man could disappear for months on international business trips.

He was always a ladies man, a storyteller and all around fun guy. Except he wasn’t around me much. After my parents divorced he remarried, then when that wife died he went into assisted living until his death. At 92 the last thing I heard from the staff was that he’s gotten busted sleeping with hot little 70 year old bitties at the unit.

I’m his spitting image, like people freak when I show them pics and I tell them it’s my dad. But I was a through and through so called beta acting guy until I learned to act otherwise in my mid 30’s.

So called alpha behavior is learned not inherited. Nurture, not nature.

GoodMan32

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually it is revealed in how you communicate with men and the role you play within your male friend hierarchy.
In that case, isn't the pecking order (among male friends) solidified? And difficult/impossible to change?

Take Seinfeld for example. Jerry is undoubtedly the alpha of the group. George Costanza will never replace Jerry as the alpha (no matter how much effort George puts into changing)

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't have traditional male friends, I hang out with a Polish female who is into black guys, a trans
tattooist f>m and a bisexual male DJ. It'll be a long day before I spend my money on testosterone
checks, I don't care enough to bother tbh. I like those people who accept me for who I am, autism
and all and that's all I care about. I'm off outside to work on my motorcycle.

Last edited:

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

It is genetic to an extent but there is no guarantee that it would get passed down to one's children. Two blonde parents can have a brunette child. Two smart parents can have a child with down syndrome. Etc.

Last edited:

logicallefty

Reaction score
Watch how you speak to yourself. Your problem isn't genetic, it's mindset related.

Modern Man Advice
OP, welcome to the forum. I agree with this it sounds mindset related. I used to be similar to you being beta because I was programmed that way. It took till my 30s before I got re programmed. I’m 48 now. SoSuave was a huge helper to me in breaking out of the beta mindset. Huge. Stick around here and read and contribute. You will get there.