Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

is she interested? or just being extra friendly?

Qsmder

Reaction score
so this girl saw my photo on one of my friends phone and i thought i was cute and told the booy she wanted me. the boy told me and gave me her number and i started talking to her. ive talked to her in person once that was almost 5 years ago. we start texting once in a while and she knew i had a girl. my recent relationship went bad and i told her we broke up. she always initiates texting like 80% of the time. im confused as to whether shes interested or really friendly. my friend told me she said she likes how im funny and she likes my company.she calls me boo, sweetheart, darling, love...my friend is a boy who is very close to her. he teased us once to me personally that we're lovers...i tried using the "chase me card" so she rather chases me but its confusing.shes out of the country though. she used a different phone number to text me trying to be my friend but i knew it was her so i tried not to look desperate to make it seem like im more of a bigger guy here. she tells me im cute and handsome sometimes. is she interested or just being extra friendly?

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so this girl saw my photo on one of my friends phone and i thought i was cute and told the booy she wanted me. the boy told me and gave me her number and i started talking to her. ive talked to her in person once that was almost 5 years ago. we start texting once in a while and she knew i had a girl. my recent relationship went bad and i told her we broke up. she always initiates texting like 80% of the time. im confused as to whether shes interested or really friendly. my friend told me she said she likes how im funny and she likes my company.she calls me boo, sweetheart, darling, love...my friend is a boy who is very close to her. he teased us once to me personally that we're lovers...i tried using the "chase me card" so she rather chases me but its confusing.shes out of the country though. she used a different phone number to text me trying to be my friend but i knew it was her so i tried not to look desperate to make it seem like im more of a bigger guy here. she tells me im cute and handsome sometimes. is she interested or just being extra friendly?
Ask her out a d find out.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are that much of a b!tch that you can't ask her out because you are afraid she is going to reject you, then you don't deserve to know.

/thread

SAYNO

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm, you lost me at the "5" year part! SMH, just er um.. Nevermind.

Qsmder

Reaction score
Hmm, you lost me at the "5" year part! SMH, just er um.. Nevermind.
Meaning I've just talked to her introducing myself and now just remembers I was that guy five years ago who said hi to her...

Qsmder

Reaction score
That's so sweet. I always loved modern Disney stories. I hope you end up in love with each other.

On a serious note . WHY HAVE YOU NOT ASKED HER OUT YET?
I don't know if she's just being friendly or really likes me.

SAYNO

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude just ask her out, then you will know, what have you got to lose?

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She calls you boo, sweetheart, handsome etc and yet you don't know if she likes you? Other people refer to you two as a couple? I think you're both pretty bad at this sh*t and neither of you can take a hint. Please for the love of god stop trying to get her to pursue you and just make a move already. Ask her out to do something with you and escalate.

The fact she's still interested in you this long after you haven't made a move says a lot about her. She must have no other options. You gotta wonder why that is.

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
so this girl saw my photo on one of my friends phone and i thought i was cute and told the boy she wanted me. the boy told me and gave me her number and i started talking to her. I've talked to her in person once that was almost 5 years ago. we start texting once in a while and she knew i had a girl. my recent relationship went bad and i told her we broke up. she always initiates texting like 80% of the time. I'm confused as to whether shes interested or really friendly. my friend told me she said she likes how I'm funny and she likes my company.she calls me boo, sweetheart, darling, love...my friend is a boy who is very close to her. he teased us once to me personally that we're lovers...i tried using the "chase me card" so she rather chases me but its confusing.shes out of the country though. she used a different phone number to text me trying to be my friend but i knew it was her so i tried not to look desperate to make it seem like I'm more of a bigger guy here. she tells me I'm cute and handsome sometimes. is she interested or just being extra friendly?
Unless you're a chick or 12 years old, why are you referring to another male as "boy?" That sh*t is sweet as f*ck.

Genos

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a very common mentality problem I've both seen in others and experienced to a deep degree myself, but the solution is relatively simple, as others in this thread have told you. I'll try and give you some of the same advice and insight I got (thanks to Poop1337):

The reason why you're getting afraid of making a move on a girl (who's obviously signaling interest) is probably that you don't want to screw it up. It's that thing where you get a good feeling from her liking you and then get nervous about fking it up so you'd rather not try at all - it would make the rejection worse because you got your hopes up. You want the girl to do all the work so you won't have to risk the interaction and the good feelings you've gotten so far. Or, that once you do go out on a date, you fear that she won't like you and that you'll have lost her affection. But the fact is, women very rarely will ask you out...they will be too shy, and are fearing pushing you away. It's the man's job to be aggressive and initiate.

Acknowledging this kind of mindset is the first step to overcoming it. And now, you're probably seeing how ridiculous this line of thinking is, right? You're too unsure about things to take what you want, and thus nothing gets accomplished...You need to realize there's no reward without risk. If you don't put yourself out there, you won't gain anything. Take it as a learning experience...if you're going to fail, fail now and learn from it so you'll be in better shape for the next girl. Ask her out, and HAVE FUN. Do YOU want her? That is the only question that's really important if you are deciding whether to ask her out. Her feelings before that point are irrelevant - if she doesn't want to go out, she'll tell you. If she does, she will (very happily) say yes.

Qsmder

Reaction score
This is a very common mentality problem I've both seen in others and experienced to a deep degree myself, but the solution is relatively simple, as others in this thread have told you. I'll try and give you some of the same advice and insight I got (thanks to Poop1337):

The reason why you're getting afraid of making a move on a girl (who's obviously signaling interest) is probably that you don't want to screw it up. It's that thing where you get a good feeling from her liking you and then get nervous about fking it up so you'd rather not try at all - it would make the rejection worse because you got your hopes up. You want the girl to do all the work so you won't have to risk the interaction and the good feelings you've gotten so far. Or, that once you do go out on a date, you fear that she won't like you and that you'll have lost her affection. But the fact is, women very rarely will ask you out...they will be too shy, and are fearing pushing you away. It's the man's job to be aggressive and initiate.

Acknowledging this kind of mindset is the first step to overcoming it. And now, you're probably seeing how ridiculous this line of thinking is, right? You're too unsure about things to take what you want, and thus nothing gets accomplished...You need to realize there's no reward without risk. If you don't put yourself out there, you won't gain anything. Take it as a learning experience...if you're going to fail, fail now and learn from it so you'll be in better shape for the next girl. Ask her out, and HAVE FUN. Do YOU want her? That is the only question that's really important if you are deciding whether to ask her out. Her feelings before that point are irrelevant - if she doesn't want to go out, she'll tell you. If she does, she will (very happily) say yes.
Remember I said she's outta the country. And sometimes too she's a little boring. Long dist is why I haven't made a move. But I'll ask her out.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
God damn it!

Ask her out already! What the f**k do you have to lose? The worst she can do is turn you down!

Case closed. Get out of my court and ask her out!

Serenity

Reaction score
Clear text direct answer: She is without a doubt interested.

Nobody calls their friend boo, sweetheart, darling or love. Just nobody does that except if it's obviously done as a running joke. Just ask her out and return the favor. As mentioned the worst she can do is to turn you down, but the odds of that happening is extremely unlikely. If you also like her just imagine how fvcking stupid you'll feel when you later realize she really did like you and you have to regret doing nothing about it.

Genos

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Remember I said she's outta the country. And sometimes too she's a little boring. Long dist is why I haven't made a move. But I'll ask her out.
This I forgot, her being out of the country changes things. Is there any imminent meeting between the two of you coming up? Will she be in your country anytime soon? Or has all of your conversation been through online/phone?

If there's no existing plans to see each other in person, I wouldn't invest too much emotionally in her. Long Distance basically never works man...you can continue talking and being friendly to her I suppose, but start investing yourself in the women who are around you.

The principles we've given you still hold true though...you shouldn't be asking "Does she like me?" This question is irrelevant - and difficult to truly answer - before you've asked for her number/asked her on a date (exceptions are if she utterly detests you or is completely head over heels for you). During the dating process, you can start to think about it a little, but until then the issue isn't that important.

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
Something you'll hear often is rejection is better than regret...

You're in a state of not knowing if she's interested right now and she's dangling on
the fvcking hook. Imagine the state of not knowing and wondering you'll be in, in
6 months or 1 year when she's gone and you did....nothing

the conversation she had with boy....I mean your friend was enough you need to know
that she displayed interest.

It's your job to persue that azz......fvcking persue it and push past that fear mindset

...she's out of the country? permanently? If it's permanently, then toss the fvcking number.

Start reading the DJ Bible now.....and go out and get at least two more phone numbers.

Do it. Go. Now.