Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is sex overrated ?

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wanted to put this in mature man because i am hoping for answers from 30+

I am 30 now and have to admit the novelty of familiar sex is starting to wain for me

Most of the thrill for me is in the hunt it always has been ....getting her to submiss into your bed

But once that novelty wears off and you start entering that familiar territory with a girl ,sex is just starting to feel like going through the motions

Does anyone else fell similarly ?

Feel like its one of them topics that the manosphere is tabooed from speaking about.....

CoandaEffect

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I think it is. It’s all the stuff that goes around it that is fun. The chase, the seduction, the after glow, her falling asleep pressed up against me afterwards.

I’ve never really been into chasing sex, but rather the relationship that goes with it. The one thing I have discovered though is that you cannot have a relationship unless you both have a desire to **** each other. So ultimately it is very important if the relationship is going to work.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I agree with the both posts as far as the thrill of seduction and the satisfaction of being able to cuddle or watch her doze off on my chest, but this is a part of me I reserve for one person at the most.

The act of sexual itself, with the right woman still is a very powerful experience for me - it still provides me a thrill, so in that we differ.

You could say “if you’re not enjoying it as much maybe you’re not doing it the right way?” :cool:

andreihaha

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes.

At least if you see it as something separated from the whole "being with someone" experience.
Which is pretty dumb and unproductive if you ask me.

It's funny...I could also argue that sex is underrated for the exact same reason.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I am 30 now and have to admit the novelty of familiar sex is starting to wain for me

Most of the thrill for me is in the hunt it always has been ....getting her to submiss into your bed

But once that novelty wears off and you start entering that familiar territory with a girl ,sex is just starting to feel like going through the motions

Feel like its one of them topics that the manosphere is tabooed from speaking about.....
Good question. Sez is a natural urge, but a man wont die if he doesn't have it. Its like asking " is eating in a restaurant overrated" or " is entertaining yourself overrated ".

NRE is a real powerful emotion. People love to explore the unknown. That's why so many people argue monogamy is a illusion invented by humans. The only argument pro monogamy people have is swans or two other animals.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it's raw, the girl has a perfect body and a tight *****, and is good at sex and highly turned on by you, then no it's not overrated.

Otherwise, yes it's very overrated. After I nut the first time I usually can't even go for 15 minutes without getting bored and stopping mid-****, unless I give myself a few hours inbetween each session.

Sex means nothing to me.

Last edited:

andreihaha

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only argument pro monogamy people have is swans or two other animals.
But we ain't animals, are we?

If it's raw, the girl has a perfect body and a tight *****, and is good at sex and highly turned on by you, then no it's not overrated.

Otherwise, yes it's very overrated.
That's a whole lot of ifs tho...

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No. I just love the feeling of my dvck in her V. But fvcking is physically taxing. Harder than any cardio at the gym. So. There’s that to consider. And I’m in pretty decent shape.
i don’t care for the ‘chase’and not much into foreplay.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sex is like oxygen.....Not a big deal until you ain't getting any.

I think of life and our needs and wants to be like a barrel with staves. The lowest one is our most limiting. The individual staves include
attention
feeling of belonging
physical affection
recognition
money
physical well being

What ever one is the lowest will limit how "FULL" your life is.

Those "NEEDS" are within the overall Hierarchy that Maslow's name is on...

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Yeah , feel the same thing

initially by having sex with as many partners as possible it is a way for you to prove to yourself and others that you are indeed a powerful man

then after you reach this , the idea of sex is not that appealing anymore , and you will naturally start to focus on quality and finding someone that actually is enjoyable to have around

Now , even though I have moments when I am super horny and I am on the hunt ( like 2 weeks ago smashed 3 girls in 24h ) , I usually spend most of the time in vetting girls for how good a companion they are

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2Rocky already said what I was going to:

Sex isn't a big deal so long as you are getting it. When you aren't, it tends to become the main focus above all else (even when it shouldn't).

Also, the thrill of the "hunt", of getting a new woman into bed, always has it's lure. We, as men, are predisposed to want this. And this will always have a more exciting and bigger rush than having sex with the same woman over and over.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess it depends. Sex itself is great, and with the right woman it can get better every time you do it with her.

But if you're doing it just to increase your notch count and feed your ego, that's going to eventually burn you out because there is no way to satisfy you ego. Then you're stuck, addicted to something that has become meaningless.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, sex is not overrated. Sex is the best feeling I've experienced in my life.
From a purely physical standpoint I think this is true for all of us. But there are better feelings out there for me. Child being born, winning my first jury trial, cashing in on a big settlement, etc. There are bigger feelz out there.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sex is like oxygen.....Not a big deal until you ain't getting any.
This has definitely been my experience. Sex had a lot more value when it wasn't easy for me to get. Once you get to the point where you are having sex with really hot women, then that challenge is gone too and there's really no more mountains to try to climb.

As I have aged, my drive has gone down too so it just isn't as much of a priority for me. I enjoy it, but I think each of us have our own biological/genetic sexual calibration - like I have some friends in their 40's who want it and could have it 3x a day with their GF/wife. I know other people in their 40's who only really desire it once or twice a month. Me, I desire it about once or twice a week (if I have regular access to it via LTR or a rotation), though occasionally I will want it more. Drive CAN be related to testosterone levels but it isn't the only factor. You can have high T levels and still have low sexual appetite.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
rawdawg fer life, if I feel the need to wrap it I’m no t going to pursue it.

Otherwise, yes it's very overrated. After I nut the first time I usually can't even go for 15 minutes without getting bored and stopping mid-****, unless I give myself a few hours inbetween each session.

Sex means nothing to me.

Last edited:

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sex is overrated:

- with any women 30 - 36.
- with any single mom
- with any slightly overweight woman

Sex is a chore:

- with any women over 36
- with any overweight women
- with any ugly woman

Sex is underrated:

- if the woman is under 30
- if the woman is average
- if the woman is thin

Sex is a Gift from God:

- if the woman is under 25
- if the woman is hot
- if the woman is fertile

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its sort of like money. Horrible to be totally without, but after around 70k a year it doesnt really enhance your life as much.
In all honesty, 70k a year may be very solid in certain areas or barely getting by in many of the major metros in the U.S. With that aside, totally correct.