Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is our society too focused on Safety?

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it just me, or are we overly focused on Safety?

Everything that happens these days ... All the new laws that get created, all the research projects that get forwarded or scrapped, all the activities we promote, what children are allowed to do ...

Is this the product of feminization of society or is it something else?

Example:

I have family working in the space industry. He says if the Apollo program were to have occurred today, it would have been an utter failure.

Why?

Because back then, the risk of astronauts dying in missions was acceptable.

Today, if an astronaut dies, we ground the shuttle fleet for a decade and halt all manned research and exploration indefinitely.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bradd80 said:
Many safety precautions in force today are the result of expensive lawsuits or massive lobbying campaigns pressuring the government. If I was an owner of a company, I would not want to risk losing a lawsuit, and if I was a member of the legislature I would have no choice but to listen to the demands of my constituency, or risk losing my job/livelihood.

But your relative's comment is true - think of all the past advances in civilization that would never have come about if safety precautions were in place.

A lot of advances have come forth due to warfare.. but that's the trade off i guess, less war = fewer advances in civilization.
Hey now, I never mentioned anything regarding warfare. Theres nothing worse than violating the NAP.

Another example of what I was referencing in OP:

Transportation Security Administration ... Safety is their primary goal and they are willing to sacrifice everything to achieve it, up to and including cavity searches on children.

Are we so hell-bent on Safety that all other values are secondary?

OzyBoy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We are becoming a Nanny state. Soon you won't be able to do anything.... oh well. :crazy: :p

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is the same problems which people who lift weights have with their family doctors, apparently "lifting weight is dangerous" became a mantra among mainstream doctors (except sport ones).

Living skinny or fat but "safe" is better than take some risks and see the beauty and strengh of which your body is capable.

This example explain with a detail, the general rule by which people and therefore our society live.

To outweight the potential risks and to completely ignore the potential gains.
This is actually how most women think (when they are not backed up from the gov/lawyer of course).

Just imagine a kid, he had on his side his mother trying to stop him and be safe while his father on the other to push him to take his risk as the only way to succeed.

Apparently now the feminine factor has much more weight, fear is getting stronger than ambition.

Of course the "sue this sue that culture" has a role, when a fvcker who burn his mouth by drinking hot cofee can sue the bar you realized the limit has been passed.

However I believe the problem is the feminization, even this "sue everybody" stuff is a conseguence of people not considered responsbile of their mistakes which is by default a femine thinking.