Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is natural gas toxic

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My sense of smell is dampened ever since I got Covid last year. A couple nights ago, I noticed a funny smell (the same smell when you turn on your heater for the first time in the winter), and didn't think much of it since I was half asleep. Next day it was much more prominent, could almost taste it in my mouth. Noticed my oven gauge was turned just enough for the gas to get released. It was on for maybe 16 hrs in total. Ended up cracking open all my windows, fans on, blasted AC and left my shower running hot with the door open to try to move the air around as much as possible. I can still smell/taste it a bit now after an entire day.

I didn't have any symptoms, not even a headache, I was able to exercise just fine right after I left, but I'm a bit paranoid. Anyone know if natural gas/methane is an issue? I feel like if it displaced enough oxygen I would have noticed symptoms...

I guess I'm asking here since the damage is already done so I don't know why I'd bother talking to a doctor besides just reassurance.

Last edited:

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it was harmful you would have already suffered some conseguences.

The only risk is for your heart, given the current gas prices you risk a stroke once you get the monthly bill.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mine is :)

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Natural gas doesn't have a smell. Methane (the main component of natural gas) seems to be a 2 out of 4 in toxicity (enough of it could cause incapacitation); of course, in terms of flammability, it's 4 out of 4. :rolleyes: (I'm using the NFPA 704 designation - i.e., the diamond with 3 numbers.)

The "smell" in natural gas is an intentional highly-offensive, odorant additive precisely so that humans notice any type of concentration, and thus are motivated to stop the leak (and/or determine when such a leak has been fixed) or at least leave the space.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Inhalation of methane can cause a respiratory condition called ARDS - acute respiratory distress syndrome. It means you cannot get enough o2 into your bloodstream in this case it’s usually peracute which means it’s sudden severe onset and can cause death, but also resolves very quickly in many cases.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Inhalation of methane can cause a respiratory condition called ARDS - acute respiratory distress syndrome. It means you cannot get enough o2 into your bloodstream in this case it’s usually peracute which means it’s sudden severe onset and can cause death, but also resolves very quickly in many cases.
I was more concerned about lack of oxygen to my brain. I'd literally rather die than have moderate/severe brain damage.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
What are they running around a dairy farm huffing cow farts?