Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is it time to give up transition to software developer

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bruh, I can appreciate your trust in SoSuave, but honestly, this is probably not the greatest place to get career advice.

If you really want to do it, you will, but it sounds like there is trepidation, like this your ****ing career we are talking about, this is what you will spend the majority of time in your life doing, this is the most dire of questions for you, how the hell can we advise you? It's really not fair to come to us with this question, you need to make a choice, we can't have any part in it.

Anda

Reaction score
I agree with you guys absolutely.

FuzzX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm just finishing up a degree... I started 10 years ago. :D

I did mainly programming languages and I thought I would probably go into it here in Canada after I finished (which is in just a few months). After hanging out with my programmer friend for a bit, I have determined that the field is rife with beta/cuck/leftard guys and girls. All his friends are fat nerds with fat, bossy wives/gf's that have multicoloured hair and sub to every type of feminism on the planet. Not to mention guys in various stages of divorce that are still convinced their wife is doing right by them. I honestly don't know if its a good career change considering my previous workspace could clock six figures with very little added stress (ESL). I don't want to work around a bunch of 20 y/o cringelords who simp to some b1tch and have to completely hide my personality so as not to 'offend'. Learning game has changed me, and I don't think I can change back. My friend is a pretty hardcore 'luxury communist' and I'm guessing most of the industry subscribes to this bullsh1t theory aswell and I have problems not calling these people out. Every programmer I run across looks like a soy, acts like a white knight and has very little in the way of game.... very very little.

Contrast that to ESL where every other teacher is a hardcore right wing sexpat. Difficult transition.

That said, I have a dude passing me dev jobs from Japan, I can send you the link if you like. I'm pretty sure I'm disqualified considering my wife is Chinese. Also I'm in a bunch of rooms in Weixin that are essentially job boards. There are quite a few jobs scrolling for american coders to help with QA. I got my italian friend a job at NetEase a few years ago and now he's assistant to the head of the game test division. He gets around 4k/month which is 20,000 dollars in their money. He lives a sweet life, has a personal chef and tests the latest sh1tty games coming out of NetEase (as you can see I didn't get the job). He's also hard right, has no end of women and is easy asf to talk to. I suspect IT in other countries have a different cut of guy. Maybe. His degree is in biz economics.

Last edited:

Anda

Reaction score
I'm just finishing up a degree... I started 10 years ago. :D

I did mainly programming languages and I thought I would probably go into it here in Canada after I finished (which is in just a few months). After hanging out with my programmer friend for a bit, I have determined that the field is rife with beta/cuck/leftard guys and girls. All his friends are fat nerds with fat, bossy wives/gf's that have multicoloured hair and sub to every type of feminism on the planet. Not to mention guys in various stages of divorce that are still convinced their wife is doing right by them. I honestly don't know if its a good career change considering my previous workspace could clock six figures with very little added stress (ESL). I don't want to work around a bunch of 20 y/o cringelords who simp to some b1tch and have to completely hide my personality so as not to 'offend'. Learning game has changed me, and I don't think I can change back. My friend is a pretty hardcore 'luxury communist' and I'm guessing most of the industry subscribes to this bullsh1t theory aswell and I have problems not calling these people out. Every programmer I run across looks like a soy, acts like a white knight and has very little in the way of game.... very very little.

Contrast that to ESL where every other teacher is a hardcore right wing sexpat. Difficult transition.

That said, I have a dude passing me dev jobs from Japan, I can send you the link if you like. I'm pretty sure I'm disqualified considering my wife is Chinese. Also I'm in a bunch of rooms in Weixin that are essentially job boards. There are quite a few jobs scrolling for american coders to help with QA. I got my italian friend a job at NetEase a few years ago and now he's assistant to the head of the game test division. He gets around 4k/month which is 20,000 dollars in their money. He lives a sweet life, has a personal chef and tests the latest sh1tty games coming out of NetEase (as you can see I didn't get the job). He's also hard right, has no end of women and is easy asf to talk to. I suspect IT in other countries have a different cut of guy. Maybe. His degree is in biz economics.
It's great! Software development in our country is a very popular area and many young people want to do it. Some areas still do not look attractive for software developers and this is sad. For example, the tourism software industry. As someone who runs a travel blog, I read some very interesting information here on how important it is to develop quality software in the travel industry and how important it is to select a quality team for this. From integrating with multiple systems to resolving booking issues, incompatible payment systems, CRMs, vendor systems and distribution issues, the challenges that travel companies face are not so small or insignificant. These and many problems can be fixed. You agree with me?

Last edited:

FuzzX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's great! Software development in our country is a very popular area and many young people want to do it. Some areas still do not look attractive for software developers and this is sad. For example, the tourism software industry. As someone who runs a travel blog, I read some very interesting information here on how important it is to develop quality software in the travel industry and how important it is to select a quality team for this. From integrating with multiple systems to resolving booking issues, incompatible payment systems, CRMs, vendor systems and distribution issues, the challenges that travel companies face are not so small or insignificant. These and many problems can be fixed. You agree with me?
Which country are you from?

GeeMale

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I got into mba program tuition free UofPeople and accredited. Anyone should try it out if they want to

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
@GeeMale, if you aren't passionate about it...like you would literally do it for free regardless of having a job or not then you have no real chance. You'll never be anything more than bottom of the team guy other devs get frustrated with and look to replace at any job you work at.

Trust me...I see it all the time and am thrilled when I hear they are leaving for some other place. No fun cleaning up messes someone leaves because they aren't interested in learning how to write professional quality code. There is a HUGE difference between writing code on your own that works versus professional quality code that scales in enterprise environments. You have to be willing to constantly learn and evolve and change. You have to eat this stuff up...like enjoy reading articles about techniques and put time in to address areas you might need more knowledge in.

Boot camps are a waste of money. I would highly recommend the FullstackOpen curriculum from the University of Helsinki...extremely well done by them and has gotten rave reviews. Best of all it is completely free.

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
My answers in bold

Favorite Language? C#

Do you use COBOL? Nope but you can almost write your own paycheck and conditions of employment if you know how to.

What do you think of C#? I love it. Beautiful language to both code in and look at. Sometimes the .NET Framework can be a pain in the ass but usually it is OK. Interested to see if Blazor ends up unifying front end and back end design systems into a single architectural framework. I think C#'s Web Assembly compiler needs to be improved from what I hear tho as it takes longer than other front end systems to compile. C# is what Java SHOULD be if Sun Microsystems didn't sit around high fiving each other for 10 years while Microsoft developed C# from the ground up and blew right past them and never looked back. Kotlin is supposed to be a big upgrade over Java but I have never used it before and it doesn't seem to be getting adopted that much from what I can gather.

Last edited:

firstbornunicorn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As a senior software engineer for a global bank, I disagree
Because it's very subjective. I enjoyed my last ~$800/day gig and pulled close to $17,000 in March. But now I've gotten a CTO position with less coding and prefer that even if it pays less(total comp depends as I have equity too).