Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is it ok for a girlfriend to have male friends?

TheKid

Don Juan
Reaction score
The more male friends she has the more she will challenge you because if you remove attention/whatever, she has someone who has that covered.
I thinks thats the whole purpose. They basically always have the power and they want you to feel it here and there.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it bothers you that she has male friends, then you shouldn't exclusively date her. I have female friends, so it can be plutonic. But I will say that in most cases dudes that hang around are waiting patiently for you to screw up like buzzards.... the younger you are the more likely this can happen. But I know quite a few women that will abandon 20 year marriages for a male 'friend'.

I've had women that I was friends with that when they snag a dude they really want, will not contact me anymore. A woman that really loves you, and she feels she has you locked down, and she knows that you don't like other dudes hanging around... she will NOT have male friends.

This is all female lizard brain stuff. In early human history, men would march off to hunt monsters for food and fight other tribes for resources... men died A LOT. This actually went on for thousands of years... having male 'orbiters' was a survival tactic... because a woman without a man to defend and protect her before agriculture and civilization was dead... along with her children.

Many women really can't help it... it's evolutionary genetics. In most cases women will not act on this, but it just makes them feel comfortable to know if anything goes sideways with the man she has that she has options.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it bothers you that she has male friends, then you shouldn't exclusively date her. I will say that in most cases dudes that hang around are waiting patiently for you to screw up like buzzards.... the younger you are the more likely this can happen. But I know quite a few women that will abandon 20 year marriages for a male 'friend'.

This is all female lizard brain stuff. In early human history, men would march off to hunt monsters for food and fight other tribes for resources... men died A LOT. This actually went on for thousands of years... having male 'orbiters' was a survival tactic... because a woman without a man to defend and protect her before agriculture and civilization was dead... along with her children.

Many women really can't help it... it's evolutionary genetics. In most cases women will not act on this, but it just makes them feel comfortable to know if anything goes sideways with the man she has that she has options.
Men have a way of talking out of both sides of their mouth about the concept of male-female friendship.

Men are often mentioning about how the friend zone doesn't result in them getting vagina.

Then, men who are boyfriends/husbands feel threatened by a woman's male friends. If male friends can't get laid, why so concerned?

I agree that women like having options. A woman doesn't need to have male friends to have options though. Women can build options from scratch quickly.

I also think women abandoning 20 year long marriages for a male 'friend' is not accurate analysis. Those 20 year marriages that were abandoned were lousy marriages begging to be put out of their misery. The woman would have had sex with anyone to get out, friend or random dude. Additionally, the male in those lousy 20 year long marriage could have been having affairs too. Only a complete beta wouldn't be having affairs at that point.

CyrusTheGreat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Men are often mentioning about how the friend zone doesn't result in them getting vagina.

Then, men who are boyfriends/husbands feel threatened by a woman's male friends. If male friends can't get laid, why so concerned?
It isn't black and white, even though most male friends won't get laid, some will. I've seen this first hand.

LTG71

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Let‘s keep this real. Most men and women are not really friends. Or let’s just say the “friendships” are not shaped the same as in same sex friendships. Both genders have different programming and mating imperatives. Men’s to procreate and women’s to collect resources and security. Most men will not bother with a woman that doesn’t want to fvck. But women on the other hand, have no problem draining a man of his time and resources, aka the “friendzone”. The underlining current is, can the imperative be met?

So a woman can and will have male acquaintances, especially if she is insecure and needy. These friendships in general are mostly surface level because they are rarely reciprocal. Female “friends” generally take more than they give. They want to dump their emotional garbage on the lap of any guy that will listen. But at the same time are repulsed if a man were to do the same. Women are programmed to despise men that appear weak. So, she is not really your ”friend” since she won‘t reciprocate. She‘s not going to help you work on your car or play a game of pick up basketball on a random Tuesday night. So what really is the benefit of this exchange? And since we only bother with women we find attractive, do you really want to hear how she got her back blown out by another guy? That fvcks with your ego and imperative.

Both men and women understand these imperatives. This is why we get triggered if our partners start engaging with other people. Women don’t want to lose their resources/security and men don’t want their partner to give away sex.

Women also need male attention and validation to survive, so she is going to naturally seek that out.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

though most male friends won't get laid, some will. I've seen this first hand.
The small threat of a small percentage of male friends is concerning enough. This makes sense.

Most men and women are not really friends. Or let’s just say the “friendships” are not shaped the same as in same sex friendships. Both genders have different programming and mating imperatives.
One of the best things I've done in the mating environment over the years is never being friends with a woman when I felt sexual attraction.

I even had lousy experiences in female friendship when I was friends with a woman and wasn't physically attracted. I am not doing that ever again.

She's not going to help you work on your car or play a game of pick up basketball on a random Tuesday night. So what really is the benefit of this exchange? And since we only bother with women we find attractive, do you really want to hear how she got her back blown out by another guy? That fvcks with your ego and imperative.
In theory, I could have a lesbian friend. I've never had a lesbian friend. I don't think most heterosexual men have lesbian friends. I think most lesbian women have a social circle that consists mainly of lesbian and bisexual women.
Men might be able to get some benefit in a friendship with a woman if she's lesbian. However, I can't think of one advantage of having a lesbian female friend as compared to having a heterosexual male friend. I think that's why most heterosexual men don't have lesbian female friends.

Homosexual male friends can in theory introduce you to their heterosexual female friends. That could be useful.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Simple:

“If you’d like to stay in a relationship with me, you will cease contact with x,y,z”
This. Much kicking and protesting. And fwiw were divorcing. Don’t marry a body count with mental issues moral of story

get your girl in your circle. Get her out of hers. Nothing in her single girl circle helps you.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I finally got to that point with someone who I thought would walk as a result. I was WRONG - she complied. I was amazed.

This. Much kicking and protesting. And fwiw were divorcing. Don’t marry a body count with mental issues moral of story

get your girl in your circle. Get her out of hers. Nothing in her single girl circle helps you.

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't really get this macho stand against the woman having male friends.
So let me get this straight: you've no issue with your woman having fvcked plenty guys in her past (which indicates she's not LTR material), but now since she's your girlfriend, it bothers you that she talks to men on a 1:1 basis? :rolleyes:
You're either a real macho/traditional guy and pick a virgin/very low count girl for LTR or just a pretend red pilled/alpha man, whatever. She's been doggy fvcked by who knows how many guys before you, but now YOU, the red pill man, will set the boundary: no more talking to men 1:1. :lol: :lol: C'mon man.

Last edited:

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So let me get this straight: you've no issue with your woman having fvcked plenty guys in her past (which indicates she's not LTR material), but now since she's your girlfriend, it bothers you that she talks to men on a 1:1 basis? :rolleyes:
You're either a real macho/traditional guy and pick a virgin/very low count girl for LTR or just a pretend red pilled/alpha man, whatever. She's been doggy fvcked by who knows how many guys before you, but now YOU, the red pill man, will set the boundary: no more talking to men 1:1. :lol: :lol: C'mon man.
And yet here we are, I have three beautiful kids and I’m still fvcking college girls. Go figure.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Propinquity. Nuff said.

M

member160292

I don’t think you quite understand or have been around many women…

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
A) This has been mentioned before but Most girls who are LTR/wife material will either not have any male friends in the 1st place or if she does, she has a bunch of clear boundaries with them. So you never even need to address this at all.

B)There will be some cases that she checks all you boxes except she has male friends. In this cases, you handle it like others said; "You can either be in a relationship with me or you can have male friends. If you choose your male friends, we cant be exclusive".

C) If she has male friends + other red flags then she´s not LTR/wife material so again you dont need to adress it. Just plate her and wear a condom because she doesnt deserve your raw d1ck.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When a girl has a bunch of guys as friends, that's her trying to signal that she has attention. It's their way of compensating for normally not being the hot girls. You'll notice that the only girls who have guy friends tend to not be that good looking.