Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is it good to sometimes use the word "friendship" to confuse a woman and throw her off?

Sebastian0001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've heard this can work. All of the interaction is still obviously clear to make it sexual but saying things like "i love our freindship" to confuse her and make her wonder why he is using the word "friends" - its kind of like reverse friend zoning?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No. Never use the word. Friend has a non-romantic connotation. Always keep the focus on the romance.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No. Never use the word. Friend has a non-romantic connotation. Always keep the focus on the romance.
This. I dont like that crap played on me and I’m not going to do it to anyone else. Unlike many guys on here who claim it’s ok, I’m too old for women friends or platonic friends or anything like that. I meet way too many women to bother hanging out platonically with one when I could be out with someone who wants more. There’s plenty of girls that’ll go get drinks or to a ballgame with me and do friend type stuff but also have sex with me.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I once had a plate I was banging refer to me a "friend" at a party with her colleagues. At the very least it means that as a romantic partner, she still considers you to be expendable.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m too old for women friends or platonic friends or anything like that. I meet way too many women to bother hanging out platonically with one when I could be out with someone who wants more. There’s plenty of girls that’ll go get drinks or to a ballgame with me and do friend type stuff but also have sex with me.
@Robert28 -- You are I are close to the same age.

I never kept platonic female friends. Not even when I was in high school or college. Someone could argue the point that my lack of platonic female friendship has impacted my dating efforts since I have never been able to take advantage of social circle interactions. It's a weak point. All of the male friends I've made in the past decade have had longer term stable girlfriends and/or wives. None of my male friends girlfriends/wives have ever set me up on a date. I've never been on unfriendly terms with any of them but not too friendly with some of them.

It's not worth developing female friends after a certain age. I'd say that age is roughly 25. Time spent with female friends comes with the opportunity cost of time spent finding new women who are interested in having sex.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Robert28 -- You are I are close to the same age.

I never kept platonic female friends. Not even when I was in high school or college. Someone could argue the point that my lack of platonic female friendship has impacted my dating efforts since I have never been able to take advantage of social circle interactions. It's a weak point. All of the male friends I've made in the past decade have had longer term stable girlfriends and/or wives. None of my male friends girlfriends/wives have ever set me up on a date. I've never been on unfriendly terms with any of them but not too friendly with some of them.

It's not worth developing female friends after a certain age. I'd say that age is roughly 25. Time spent with female friends comes with the opportunity cost of time spent finding new women who are interested in having sex.
I had a woman friend couple years ago that almost destroyed my self esteem. Worst Friendzone situation ever and I wished I’d left it sooner. She’s the reason I’ll never have women friends ever again. I don’t like being used anyways, and that’s all women friends do.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I had a woman friend couple years ago that almost destroyed my self esteem. Worst Friendzone situation ever and I wished I’d left it sooner. She’s the reason I’ll never have women friends ever again. I don’t like being used anyways, and that’s all women friends do.
I finally learned my lesson (the very hard way) after a roughly three year FZ. I was just a “fill in guy” or “half boyfriend” to take her for dinner and dancing while she was single and bored. Now she has a bf and has largely ghosted me.

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get the OP’s point about a “preemptive friendzone” tactic.

But honestly, trying to “make her hamster wheel spin” is very 2004. Women have so many options today that such a technique is unlikely to bear fruit.
I agree completely. I think to even ask such a question is already overthinking the whole thing which is a no no. It never has or will be that serious. Just talk to her normally, convey your strengths and that which makes you unique (sell yourself basically). I think a lot of these mental manipulation tactics end up hurting guys in the long run. Her hand will always be stronger because that's the realm she operates in whereas we are about action. Yes, I am saying you want to give off the impression you are a go-getter. If not, start.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Hmmmmm Years ago I tried this once as a Hail Mary after I tried everything else that I could think of and nothing had worked. Guess what? It didnt work either.

IamtheAlphamale

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah. Actually I've had a very different experience than you guys with friends. I'm 39 now. Since I was 19 ( got into pickup 17 or 18) literally every single girl I've been friends with has had a crush on me. It actually ruins all my friendships. So I'm starting to try to tell girls I approach about this problem and try to friendzone them. Even at work in my factory I have this problem.

It's actually a huge dhv when I tell girls my problem

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Yeah. Actually I've had a very different experience than you guys with friends. I'm 39 now. Since I was 19 ( got into pickup 17 or 18) literally every single girl I've been friends with has had a crush on me. It actually ruins all my friendships. So I'm starting to try to tell girls I approach about this problem and try to friendzone them. Even at work in my factory I have this problem.

It's actually a huge dhv when I tell girls my problem
"I cant have any female friends because all of them want to have sex with me. Life is so hard"

Just joking bro. Sounds like it has its downsides but it sure is a lot better than being on the receiving end of the friendzone most of the time.

IamtheAlphamale

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"I cant have any female friends because all of them want to have sex with me. Life is so hard"

Just joking bro. Sounds like it has its downsides but it sure is a lot better than being on the receiving end of the friendzone most of the time.
Yeah it has its downsides. That's actually my entire approach now. Going out trying to make friends. I'm 39 and haven't had a proper female friend since high school. It's actually a problem too cause when I tell girls that they basically see it as a huge dhv but like.. how else am i supposed to make friends? A big mistake I was making until just recently was pointing them towards the female game and mental self improvement. I'm trying not to mention the female game anymore cause it makes my friends play hard to get with me which makes contact way harder. It just seems like I should help them cause their my friends...