Is it common for a girl to stay in a relationship after being cheated on?

solo1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, I've never done this to a girl. but I hear this from other people in relationships and seemingly it appears common for the girl to stay in the relationship after being cheated on.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ducaro said:
trash will stay, quality will leave.
I don't know completely about trashy women but possibly insecure women who feel that they have put a lot into the relationship and that they cannot do any better. Then there are women (and men) who are married who stay together for the sake of the children. This makes sense if they can stay civil but it so detrimental to the little ones if they ******dly display their disdain for one another.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
I don't know completely about trashy women but possibly insecure women who feel that they have put a lot into the relationship and that they cannot do any better. Then there are women (and men) who are married who stay together for the sake of the children. This makes sense if they can stay civil but it so detrimental to the little ones if they ******dly display their disdain for one another.
WTF? Why was "0utwardly" suppressed? Eh... Gotta love technology...

solo1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know completely about trashy women but possibly insecure women who feel that they have put a lot into the relationship and that they cannot do any better.
While I agree thats probably the #1 reason in most cases, a lot of girls are far too deep into their comfort zone for that very reason. And perhaps some guys too...

Goes to show that a lot of people are in relationships because they settle for the person.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
solo1 said:
...Goes to show that a lot of people are in relationships because they settle for the person.
Dude, that's scary! :nervous:

BlackJackal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
solo1 said:
Personally, I've never done this to a girl. but I hear this from other people in relationships and seemingly it appears common for the girl to stay in the relationship after being cheated on.
It's too common if you ask me. And it works both ways.

BlackJackal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is mostly the case. Most people dont know how to count their losses and just let go. Fighting the inevitable, the relationship will eventually collapse. But I do believe women are more common for doing this than men, respectively.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it really does depend on the people involved. everyone has different standards.

Crank_It_Up

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Q: Is it common for a girl to stay in a relationship after being cheated on?
A: Yes, just ask Hillary