Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is it Childish to Block and Delete?

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it Childish to Block and Delete?
I reality; yes it is.

Being courteous and treating people with respect should be the norm, but these days it obviously isn't.

Instead of having balls to tell the person straight up "fvck off, I want non of you" you escape the accountability and all that comes along with it when you have the courage to do so. It is a dishonest and cowardly action.

Just like these pvssies that break up on text or just ghost instead of telling the chick in her face that you're not interested. Well this is really valid for both situations with both guys and women so it is not just related or limited to the female side of mankind.

Having the balls to stand up for what you think and being able to say it to another persons face require that you actually take action and being brave enough to do so. Whatever the outcome might be. For good or bad

Just it is easier to ghost and a very popular option these days, but you also are sort of a pvssy for doing it.

The exception to the rule is of course people that are bat shiete crazy and might be a solid candidate for the funny house, (E.G. might be dangerous in some way). Block and delete all those fvckers.. :devil:

Last edited:

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have thought about it, man. Man it just pains me to cut people out of my life who I’ve known for years. So I’m still thinking on it.
This is what I mean by you have to become a mercenary. Not half a gangster.

Comply or bye. Fall in or **** off.

The block delete function is goat status. It's eliminating anybody and everyone who doesn't have your best interest in mind. And deceit or something of what rsd Ty calls poison drop. Anybody be it your pals or family members who poison drop you should be disregarded.

Çharismo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@nicksaiz65

The thing is that you made more of an emotional decision about this rather than taking a moment, stepping back and just thinking about it. I know it’s easier for me to type this but I’ve made tons of bad decisions when caught up in the moment so it’s a learning experience for you. Next time if you are in a tight spot or sense that you are being pressured to make a decision tell the person “Let me think about it and I’ll get back to you” and then take a couple of days to make your final decision.

At the end of the day you are doing what you know best so it’s understandable. Proceeding forward I would not discuss with the band members about why you blocked them on social media…no need to explain that however, you do need to bring up the fact that you need for them to sign the contract first and explain your reasoning. After you get the signature I would tell them that you are doing what’s best and that you have no ill will or animosity for anyone and that your door will always be open. Once everything is said and done you shake hands, give them hugs be cordial and get the eff out of there and move forward with your life.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@nicksaiz65

The thing is that you made more of an emotional decision about this rather than taking a moment, stepping back and just thinking about it. I know it’s easier for me to type this but I’ve made tons of bad decisions when caught up in the moment so it’s a learning experience for you. Next time if you are in a tight spot or sense that you are being pressured to make a decision tell the person “Let me think about it and I’ll get back to you” and then take a couple of days to make your final decision.

At the end of the day you are doing what you know best so it’s understandable. Proceeding forward I would not discuss with the band members about why you blocked them on social media…no need to explain that however, you do need to bring up the fact that you need for them to sign the contract first and explain your reasoning. After you get the signature I would tell them that you are doing what’s best and that you have no ill will or animosity for anyone and that your door will always be open. Once everything is said and done you shake hands, give them hugs be cordial and get the eff out of there and move forward with your life.
Yeah, I was acting in the moment for sure haha. But it should still be possible to salvage this without having completely burned that bridge down.

I definitely agree with your post. I need to explain why I’m doing what I’m doing with the contract.

Like I said, I don’t think I’ll ever play another show with them again. Even those couple ones they offer me. All that will do is make me miss playing shows, and second guess myself. So better not to take those gigs at all lol. I was even going to tell them “Let’s say we had a good run, and call it here.” I realize that like you said, I’m basically kicking myself out lol. But to me, one off shows here and there is a fate worse than death haha. I’d rather not open that can of worms at all.

Do you think I made the right choice by pursuing programming instead of being a “full time musician?” I definitely wanted to be a success by being a programmer. To be fair, I could’ve traveled a bit less. You have to hold down these music spots. (But that being said, I did get a lot of value from those trips I went on.)

So you wouldn’t explain to them why I have to keep them unfriended/blocked on social media? I wanted to clarify that it’s not from the position of “fvck you,” but it’s from the position of “I don’t want to see their band updates anymore.” I think that’s pretty important to explain. Could you explain a bit more your logic in not telling them that?

Last edited:

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In a situation like this i would probably unfollow as i would no longer be interested in seeing anything they are doing

Not sure i would go as far as blocking for something like the OP but yea it is what it is
Yeah, I can’t see those updates anymore, man. So I basically have to unfriend them even though I have no ill will towards them lol. If I am friends with them, the algorithm will try to show me a ton of content from my old band which I absolutely don’t want.

Çharismo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@nicksaiz65

Do you think I made the right choice by pursuing programming instead of being a “full time musician?”
How long have you been a musician before this incident? and how old are you?

So you wouldn’t explain to them why I have to keep them unfriended/blocked on social media? I wanted to clarify that it’s not from the position of “fvck you,” but it’s from the position of “I don’t want to see their band updates anymore.” I think that’s pretty important to explain. Could you explain a bit more your logic in not telling them that?
I understand your position and the reasons why you blocked them which is fine and something you can’t go back on because you’ve done it already the problem is that if you tell them that “your door is still open” than that is an inherent contradiction in what your thinking and saying and what your actually doing because in reality you don’t ever want to contact them in real life. So if you explain to them why you deleted them off your social media they might not see it that way so it’s better to not even bring that up because it also makes you look really petty. You’ve already made a decision to never talk to them again but you don’t need to let them know that hence why I told you to leave on good terms.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@nicksaiz65

How long have you been a musician before this incident? and how old are you?

I understand your position and the reasons why you blocked them which is fine and something you can’t go back on because you’ve done it already the problem is that if you tell them that “your door is still open” than that is an inherent contradiction in what your thinking and saying and what your actually doing because in reality you don’t ever want to contact them in real life. So if you explain to them why you deleted them off your social media they might not see it that way so it’s better to not even bring that up because it also makes you look really petty. You’ve already made a decision to never talk to them again but you don’t need to let them know that hence why I told you to leave on good terms.
I’ve been a musician since I was 5 years old. I’m 25 now. However, my degree is in STEM. I’m a Computer Science Major, and I am now a programmer.

Yeah, to undo that I would have to cancel the block and then re-send them a friend request.

Ok, that all makes sense. Thanks for elaborating on that. I decided to unblock their phone numbers though, because that’s a bit too far. And of course if I see them in public, I’ll speak.

So you wouldn’t explicitly bring up the fact that I don’t want to do shows with them anymore as well, correct?

I’ll do your plan. Thanks for helping me hash this out. I appreciate it.

I’ll be completely honest, I’ve been really depressed these past couple of days. I don’t have the motivation to eat right, go to the gym, or even get out of bed lately.

Logically, I know I can’t stay like that. So, I guess the only thing that I can do is totally forget about it, and progress towards my other goals yeah? Totally move on, get over it, and get back to self improving.

As for my music, I think I’ll get back into private lessons like I did in college. I am absolutely going to keep the skill. And maybe I’ll look into playing for an orchestra in the future or something.

I need to keep advancing my programming career as well, though. Because that’s the “right” thing to do.

Çharismo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@nicksaiz65

I’m glad I could be of help and contribute in you handling this the best way possible. If you’ve been a musician since you were 5 then go solo and continue to learn and get better at your craft that also includes programming. Again you have to make sure that you can sustain these things and need to have a game plan for the long term if the musician path doesn’t work out…which it seems like you have.

As for the depression it obviously hit you hard leaving the band and making a tough decision like that but with time it will get better. Another factor that is contributing to your depression is the stripping of your identity as a band member which you were deeply invested in. Anytime a person has a shift in there life of such magnitude (losing a loved one, getting fired from a job, failing a class, getting diagnosed with an illness) it will effect them in many ways and that also includes depression and it also means that you are growing.

I recommend getting rest, taking cold showers, going on a walk and getting some sun if you can. Take this time to reflect on what direction you want your life to go and where your headed.