Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is it beta to open a car door for women

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t know why, but it just looks so cringey when I see a guy do it. Especially when he goes out of the way to do it and the woman looks low value/trashy lol.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think so. Most of my girls have always said they appreciated it.

It isnt about you or how you look, it's about making them feel special and it requires so little of yourself.

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
Heavily depends on the girls and whether I'm near the passenger side door before her.. But I generally try to be a gentleman when I'm operating with classy women/beautiful women these days.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Might as well extend the question to: can you be oldschool courteous with modern women? Yes.

There's a plethora of things men supposedly did ,or must do for women while especially the manosphere teaches men NOT to do them anymore. Things like:
-buying gifts
-buying flowers
-paying dates
-spoiling women
-be vocally romantic
-your example: opening doors, giving your jacket when it cold,
-be protective

All these things should come naturally imo. Its baffling that men teach eachother this bs and then wonder why they can't get women. Let me say this: seemingly small stuff like this might work against you if its coupled with too much other weak behaviour, or when you try to compensate or tryhard. But when you are a stand up guy it will actually make you look even better.e.g Pablo Escobar might've been a extremely courteous and romantic man. Yet everybody knew he would kill a man without blinking his eyes.

I don't say you must check every box on that list, because that's a personal matter. You decide what's the ideal image of yourself.

If not doing these things means she "respects" you more you're dealing with a extremely difficult and toxic one. I wonder why would you even question this?

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me also tell you this; there are certain ways of treating a LADY. Any lady. Doesn't matter who that lady is; your mother, gf , daughter, strange woman ,auntie, grandma ,sister neighbor ect.

There are certain etiquettes that are always applicable. Basically the entire list I made in the previous post. But as I said, it must come "naturally ". I could also add carry a heavy bagg and shyte like that and I'll probably think of more if I'd take my time. Basically it's all part of being a MAN in the proximity of a woman.

Bottomline; Treat a woman like a lady and you're half way there.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed. I did that with my ex wife and that did not save any marriage. It will just add to the pent up resentment account so when you eventually lash out it will be that much more horrible.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This isn't an issue relevant right away. A lot of times, a woman won't even see your car until a 2nd or 3rd date. How fast a woman sees your car is somewhat dependent upon how you handle logistics. In both cold approaching and app swiping, men rarely pick up woman at their homes and take them on early stage dates. Plenty of men get to sex without even facing a car door situation.

I think the opening of building doors is more important than the opening of car doors.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess I need to start doing it now lol. I have never done it for any of the women I have dated.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess I need to start doing it now lol. I have never done it for any of the women I have dated.
No, it's optional. A woman will still have sex with a top tier guy (a 'Chad') even he doesn't open the doors of either a building or a car for her. I can't imagine a woman not putting out because some guy didn't open a building door or car door for her.

Rule #1: Be good looking.

manfrombelow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I open car doors. And entry doors. It's the way I was raised and I don't see a thing wrong with it.

There is a major difference between chivalry and being a doormat.
Same. I open car door, entry door, I pull chairs for women I date or at least in close interaction with. That's how I am and I see no problems with it.

If a grown man has to worry that openning a car door for women is "beta" or "alpha" I think he has a bigger problem: Himself.

Fortune_favors_the_bold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They like it if they like you.

They find it lame if you're friendzoned and you do it to score points.

I'm talking about the romantic point of view.

If you open the door for an old lady it's no big deal, I open and keep doors open even to other men if I see them walking with grocery bags or dogs...thats the only group of people with a 100% rate of thank yous.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
If she is giving you sex on demand, do whatever the f0ck you wanna do with those car doors.