Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is intelligence truly attractive?

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s all about the physical with regards to getting laid. True enough. But if you get into a relationship with someone you are going to need to feel like you like & enjoy the girl more than just in the physical sense. So personality and intelligence become very important for a relationship.

Men who can easily slay hot women will rank personality and intelligence highly for relationships because physical attractiveness is baseline for them; it’s a given. They get bored with a hot girl who is a dud in the brains department. Or alternatively a crazy unstable girl...fun to bang, disaster to LTR or marry.

But none of that matters if all you care about is the lay.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find it makes me stand out among a sea of hot women who may not be that bright. I hear that quite often actually.
It doesn't hurt, but obviously you had to be physically hot first

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesn't hurt, but obviously you had to be physically hot first
Correct. I said I stand out amongst hot women. Not women...hot women. Agree 100%, lol.

Beauty and brains and a little sass does the trick.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a few have suggested defining intelligence. I have found some ppl including women that could be considered not intelligent by others I know. every time; that person will know stuff and have an interesting perspective about a few things that are amazing.

certainly don't want a woman that is trying to overtake me with her intelligence and correcting me on details all the time even if she is correct. so they can't pass a college entrance exam for example, but they understand how to take care of there parents and children. Or I can't talk to them about what's current in science digest, but I can talk to them about how to take care of the family dog that is hurt. there are so many facets to intelligence, I don't think about it much for a friend or mate, only for workers.

I would not avoid a girl because of intelligence but also would not be really looking for it either. well within reason....

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wouldn't want a woman smarter than me, which isn't a concern. That would be a rare find.

Bwedr

Don Juan
Reaction score
Correct. I said I stand out amongst hot women. Not women...hot women. Agree 100%, lol.

Pe

Perhaps u shud send a pic we judge for ourselves

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Generally speaking, women do not appreciate intelligence the way we do. Ever hear the expression, “Intelligence isn’t sexy”? To women, it’s not.

They think it is, but in real-life they find it boring and unattractive unless you’ve hooked them first with other attributes. Intelligent men tend to seem less fun to them, and it doesn’t “feel” exciting to them. That’s why intelligent men sit home alone and women fall for toxic, brainless but exciting men.

The remedy is for the intelligent man to develop a knack for teasing and challenging women. Even then you will only appeal to the small percentage of women who value intelligence to one degree or another.

Having said that, if you’re intelligent, you can leverage this by carefully choosing words and expressing concepts that cause it to dawn on her that you are superior and can be looked up to and admired by her. It’s a fine line between doing that and making her feel uneasy in your presence

As usual with these things, generally the older they get, the more they value intelligence.Before that, as the song says, “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun”.

The perfect combo is intelligence mixed with mystery and fun. Most intelligent men lack in those latter two attributes. Those are the two skills to sharpen. Always challenge women. Make them aware (only by inference, never verbally), that you are superior to her. That’s where your intelligence can be leveraged.

The way to make this happen is to be light and “breezy” and fun in her presence. You can easily see that this doesn’t come easy for our more cerebral brothers. Make life a fun game, while holding her accountable, and you’re golden.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was enjoying some coffee this morning at my favorite coffee shop and a couple walked in and sat in the table in front of me. The woman was a short, but very pretty brunette, possibly latina, with a smoking body. I’d say an HB 9. The dude was white, skinny, around 6’2” and vaguely good looking.

The guy was leading leading 90% of the conversation, which I couldn’t help but overhear because he was talking so damn loud. Most of it was dumb, asinine bull****. The girl just nodded along.

This interaction got me thinking about how much we truly value intelligence. Everyone loves to say they’re looking for someone intelligent, but do we really? I mean, it makes sense from a reproductive standpoint. Intelligence is a largely inheritable trait that improves an individual’s chances of surviving and thriving in its environment. Yet it seems that, beyond a modicum of social intelligence, it does more harm than good when it comes to attraction. Most of the highly intelligent people I know don’t have very prolific sex lives.

Is intelligence truly attractive? Or is it just something we tell ourselves to feel less superficial?
Is intelligence attractive... no not really. But women who look for this trait in men will be INTERESTED in intelligent men. In my experience, how a typical woman gauges the intelligence of men is VERY superficial (not a surprise really). He is this: ergo he must be intelligent. Chicks are impressed with college degrees... but anyone with half a brain knows that having a college degree is not an indicator of intelligence. If fact, you might say a man with $120K in college debt, working at a Starbucks isn't that smart.

Intelligence is a indicator of potential success. Intelligence becomes less important to women the older a man gets. And when women are in their 20s.. mostly they are just driven by their lizard brains, and intelligence is a minor factor in their decisions. The older they get, the most interested they will be in intelligent men. But bottom-line, they are mostly just interested in making sure you are intelligent enough not to be a danger. If you are TOO SMART, you might actually spook them off, they don't want to be with a man that makes them feel stupid.

If you are a smart guy... the WORST thing you can do is try and show off how smart you are.... just shut your fvcking mouth and listen to what she is saying, respond to that, and don't try showing off how fvcking 'smart' you are. Let her figure out you are smart. Women are more interested in how you direct your intelligence rather than how intelligent you are. You might have an eidetic memory... but if you use that ability to memorize every baseball statistic known to man and can win a baseball trivia contest.. well... chicks will not be impressed.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a few have suggested defining intelligence. I have found some ppl including women that could be considered not intelligent by others I know. every time; that person will know stuff and have an interesting perspective about a few things that are amazing.

certainly don't want a woman that is trying to overtake me with her intelligence and correcting me on details all the time even if she is correct. so they can't pass a college entrance exam for example, but they understand how to take care of there parents and children. Or I can't talk to them about what's current in science digest, but I can talk to them about how to take care of the family dog that is hurt. there are so many facets to intelligence, I don't think about it much for a friend or mate, only for workers.

I would not avoid a girl because of intelligence but also would not be really looking for it either. well within reason....
If she has superior intelligence she won't nag you on every detail. Insecure people do that to appear more clever or of she's trying to get control.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is intelligence attractive... no not really. But women who look for this trait in men will be INTERESTED in intelligent men. In my experience, how a typical woman gauges the intelligence of men is VERY superficial (not a surprise really). He is this: ergo he must be intelligent. Chicks are impressed with college degrees... but anyone with half a brain knows that having a college degree is not an indicator of intelligence. If fact, you might say a man with $120K in college debt, working at a Starbucks isn't that smart.

Intelligence is a indicator of potential success. Intelligence becomes less important to women the older a man gets. And when women are in their 20s.. mostly they are just driven by their lizard brains, and intelligence is a minor factor in their decisions. The older they get, the most interested they will be in intelligent men. But bottom-line, they are mostly just interested in making sure you are intelligent enough not to be a danger. If you are TOO SMART, you might actually spook them off, they don't want to be with a man that makes them feel stupid.

If you are a smart guy... the WORST thing you can do is try and show off how smart you are.... just shut your fvcking mouth and listen to what she is saying, respond to that, and don't try showing off how fvcking 'smart' you are. Let her figure out you are smart. Women are more interested in how you direct your intelligence rather than how intelligent you are. You might have an eidetic memory... but if you use that ability to memorize every baseball statistic known to man and can win a baseball trivia contest.. well... chicks will not be impressed.
Well a man is "smart" for not saying much to them.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that it is another "checklist" item that the man be at least as intelligent - although we both know that even a smart chick would not pass up the opportunity to get banged by a dumb Chad. :rolleyes: And there are some very intelligent women who do hold out for very intelligent men (I know; I've dated some) and will be a little lax on other requirements like height. :mad::mad: Of course, intelligence just maps out to provider-ability, so the "early retired" genius like Yours Truly doesn't get extra points, at least in the USA.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Intelligence goes hand in hand for me with empathy and humility in an ideal woman.

Empathy > her knowing I have a sore back
Intelligence > looking up how to do an oil change on my car
Humility > her willing to change my oil and mow my lawn as a bonus

Intelligence to a gal in the initial dating stages = pvssy dryer in high setting mode...

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Regardless of what they would define as "intelligence" and whether they claim to be aroused by it, I would keep putting my money on a six pack, hot face and low inhibition personality every time. When any of you guys make a pvssy tingle by discussing epistemology or something, call me so I can get out my flying pig tracer.

Humility > her willing to change my oil and mow my lawn as a bonus
That's a very strange definition of "humility" to me, I would think you meant to say "charity".

Last edited:

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's a very strange definition of "humility" to me, I would think you meant to say "charity".

Maybe it's semantics or the way we think about it. Humility is a way of being humble. Basically too many women these days think their $hit don't stink and thus aren't really humble enough to do any kind of mundane tasks that they think are beneath them. That's the way I think about it but your view/definition might be different. It could also be a US thing. I notice women saying this sometimes in their OLD profiles. It may have evolved in the meaning to encompass more situations.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe it's semantics or the way we think about it. Humility is a way of being humble. Basically too many women these days think their $hit don't stink and thus aren't really humble enough to do any kind of mundane tasks that they think are beneath them. That's the way I think about it but your view/definition might be different. It could also be a US thing. I notice women saying this sometimes in their OLD profiles. It may have evolved in the meaning to encompass more situations.
Ah, now that you explicated it - "not humble enough to do tasks they think are beneath them" - I understand what you mean.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was enjoying some coffee this morning at my favorite coffee shop and a couple walked in and sat in the table in front of me. The woman was a short, but very pretty brunette, possibly latina, with a smoking body. I’d say an HB 9. The dude was white, skinny, around 6’2” and vaguely good looking.

The guy was leading leading 90% of the conversation, which I couldn’t help but overhear because he was talking so damn loud. Most of it was dumb, asinine bull****. The girl just nodded along.

This interaction got me thinking about how much we truly value intelligence. Everyone loves to say they’re looking for someone intelligent, but do we really? I mean, it makes sense from a reproductive standpoint. Intelligence is a largely inheritable trait that improves an individual’s chances of surviving and thriving in its environment. Yet it seems that, beyond a modicum of social intelligence, it does more harm than good when it comes to attraction. Most of the highly intelligent people I know don’t have very prolific sex lives.

Is intelligence truly attractive? Or is it just something we tell ourselves to feel less superficial?
Intelligence is an attraction trait just like ass and tits are. I know my current gf is very impressed when I can randomly quote obscure facts or names,. There are also different levels of intelligence. I can memorize very easily from visual cues while the gf is really good with math in her head. Her IQ might be higher than mine.

The problem is that Intelligence is mostly useless for sparking attraction. Intelligence is great for pattern recognition and recall, but you can't really develop or use a formula to approach women, it doesn't work. At best, trying to use a formula over and over makes you approach enough women that you eventually lose your fear of rejection. But it was never the formula that succeeded in wooing the woman, it was the act of approaching enough women that changed your character as a man.

Women are far more interested in confidence than they are intelligence. A smart man with no confidence will get walked all over, while an averge man with a lot of confidence is more likely to take action to get what he wants. Hence the hot broad nodding along with the guy who was just spouting bulsh!t.

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Intelligence is ofcourse good and appealing, however girls do not like man who just speak about some sh1ts without flerting and building up attraction. Its all about creating fun atmosphere and be fun to go early on, ofcourse in a mature way not doing stupid childish things

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like smart chicks and smart chicks like me since I look like I should be smart.

They make the best girlfriends. Not the best fvck buds and arguably not the best wives depending on your control of the situation but a lot of them are kinda cool to hang out with. Seconded on the interesting sex lives, they like to experiment.