Is getting testosterone going too far?

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im always lacking in one body muscle no matter how i train.
Friend is on test cyonate or something...works great i hear.
Its def. Not gear.
Then ill have to be on that for the rest of my life i hear.
Just wanted to hear some thoughts before i speak with my doc.
Thanks.
Accept your genetics. These chemistry experiments are no good.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Testostesterone is not steroids as far as i know.
Google "testosterone steroid?" And see what comes up.

It's literally a steroid, AAS type.

The number of people commenting about it that aren't flat out telling you this is concerning me. Not throwing shade, but it is 100% a steroid.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I have been feeling sluggish and low libido...so thats why this whole thing came up. Agree i have to get tested. Firts thing i said.
I thought gear meant steroids.
Testostesterone is not steroids as far as i know.
Testosterone IS a steroid, what are you talking about??

It's the primary male sex hormone in males.

If you are using it to replace your own Testosterone that isn't being produced then you are using it in accordance to how the body normally does for the most part.

If you are elevating levels to 3-4x normal than that is using like what you are thinking how steroids get used.

However that doesn't make it not a steroid. You are thinking about man-made anabolic steroids, this is a natural steroid.

Steroid definition:

"any of a large class of organic compounds with a characteristic molecular structure containing four rings of carbon atoms (three six-membered and one five). They include many hormones, alkaloids, and vitamins."

Vitamin D is technically a steroid as well.

Xman

Banned
Reaction score
An older guy in the neighborhood got all souped up on steroids and lifting in the gym. He was very aggressive. I would cross the street to avoid him.

Well he went nuts and started fighting people and smashed a bunch of windshields with a baseball bat and got fired from his job and went to jail.

Doubtful he was getting much poon.

Xman

Banned
Reaction score
Vitamin D is technically a steroid as well.
Interesting. Recently I read a study about vitamin D and they concluded that there is no evidence taking vitamin D supplements helps people in anyway.

Vitamin D is a hot button discussion for some. It could be a bogus supplement.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Interesting. Recently I read a study about vitamin D and they concluded that there is no evidence taking vitamin D supplements helps people in anyway.

I'd highly disagree with this. Actually, I'd say that's bullsh!t. And literally hundreds of other studies would as well. Vitamin D controls your immune system and gene expression in many cases with new genes found all the time that it interacts with in this way.

It would be very hard, if not nearly impossible, for a substance to have "no effect" if a person was deficient in it with this type of huge, overarching role in the human body.

It is so important to the body that the largest organ in your body, the skin, produces it via sunlight. Think about that for a minute. It is so important that your body has a way to produce it without you having to do anything except walk outside like you were made to do.

And with the number of diseases that are vastly improved or "cured" in people deficient in vitamin D once they obtain the proper amounts of Vitamin D, again, I would say that's nonsensical to suggest.

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s probably not anymore bogus than any other supplements. The body seems to not absorb them as effectively as from natural food sources. For Vitamin D go outside and eat your salmon.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think eating vitamin d pills is bogus.
So did I, but since I have kidney stones and diabetes, every 3-4 months I have to collect 24h urine, which is sent to a lab for analysis, and I get a call from a nephrologist, who will give me tips to adjust my diet.
Two things: he wondered how many oranges I ate, because I had a lot of citrate in my urine, however he knows now that I take magnesium citrate every day. He also got me from 3x 1000mg metformin to 2x 1000mg Janumet, which makes me feel much better. I also have to take B12 and D3.
According to my doctor, virtually everyone who is not working/living outdoors has a D3 deficiency. Best way to deal with that is to use UV lamps especially in winter and/or taking vitamin D pills.
If you don't want to believe in D pills, that's fine, but I will listen my doctor.
Opinions are like orgasms..jpg

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
“Steroids” are a normal part of the function of the human body and are produced in varying amounts based on the bodies’ needs:

The adrenal cortex is responsible for producing hormones including cortisol, corticosterone, and aldosterone. It also produces a small amount of testosterone. The majority of testosterone is produced in the testes. In women, the ovaries primarily produce estradiol, estrone, and progesterone. During pregnancy, the placenta is the main source of estriol.

Many people use the word “steroids” to mean exogenous testosterone and other anabolic, man created, androgens.

This is simply a matter of semantics.

A steroid is a type of organic molecule with a characteristic structure of four fused carbon rings. Steroids serve various functions in the body and can be classified into different categories based on their functions and origins. Some common types include:

1. Sex Hormones: Like testosterone, estradiol, and progesterone, which regulate sexual development and function.

2. Corticosteroids: Such as cortisol and aldosterone, which are produced in the adrenal glands and have roles in stress response, metabolism, and electrolyte balance.

3. Anabolic Steroids: Synthetic derivatives of testosterone used to promote muscle and bone growth.

4. Phytosterols: Found in plants and similar in structure to cholesterol.

5. Cholesterol: A precursor to other steroids and a component of cell membranes.

Steroids can also be used medically to treat a variety of conditions, such as inflammation, autoimmune disorders, and hormone imbalances.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Where do you live? Are you a vegan?
Netherlands. No, I'm more to the carnivore side of being omnivore, but like I said, I have kidney stones and (since contracting Covid19 in early 2020) diabetes 2, for which I take Janumet.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Steroids can also be used medically to treat a variety of conditions, such as inflammation, autoimmune disorders, and hormone imbalances.
I used to get corticosteroids for inflammations like rashes, but with my medical condition (kidney stones and diabetes), my GP advised me to use Vitamin E ointment. It works fine, but takes longer than corticosteroids.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Recently I read a study about vitamin D and they concluded that there is no evidence taking vitamin D supplements helps people in anyway.

Lol there's like 20+ studies saying the exact opposite

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Netherlands. No, I'm more to the carnivore side of being omnivore, but like I said, I have kidney stones and (since contracting Covid19 in early 2020) diabetes 2, for which I take Janumet.
The vitamin D deficiency is a geographic challenge. Diet wise, carnivore / near carnivore for Type-2 diabetes is no bueno. It’s like telling a cigarette smoker to vape.

Xman

Banned
Reaction score
Lol there's like 20+ studies saying the exact opposite
Those studies were probably paid for by the people who own the natural vitamin stores.

It is no different than how Starbucks or other coffee giants completely saturated online searches with articles and even science papers touting how healthy it is to drink coffee every day. Meanwhile 90% of American adults are hooked on caffeine every day.

Same shpeel

Xman

Banned
Reaction score
So did I, but since I have kidney stones and diabetes, every 3-4 months I have to collect 24h urine, which is sent to a lab for analysis, and I get a call from a nephrologist, who will give me tips to adjust my diet.
Two things: he wondered how many oranges I ate, because I had a lot of citrate in my urine, however he knows now that I take magnesium citrate every day. He also got me from 3x 1000mg metformin to 2x 1000mg Janumet, which makes me feel much better. I also have to take B12 and D3.
According to my doctor, virtually everyone who is not working/living outdoors has a D3 deficiency. Best way to deal with that is to use UV lamps especially in winter and/or taking vitamin D pills.
If you don't want to believe in D pills, that's fine, but I will listen my doctor.
View attachment 11149
There is a lot to unpack right here. I am not a doctor but it sounds like a kaleidoscope of supplements. I did work at a natural vitamin store for some years and for the most part I do not take any supplements after working there. It is just a personal choice that was influenced by consulting with enough clients.

I think most people go overboard on supplements. The bottles themselves contain huge quantities and it aims for customers to over consume and buy more. Most supplements have a counter reactive effect whereas it depletes other nutrients from the body so it is best to under consume them. Just my 2 cents

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The vitamin D deficiency is a geographic challenge. Diet wise, carnivore / near carnivore for Type-2 diabetes is no bueno. It’s like telling a cigarette smoker to vape.
Yep, not much sunlight in Amsterdam anyway and since my eyes are photophobic I try to stay out of the sun, but I do a lot of bicycle riding.
I eat mostly lean bio organic meat bought at the market and not too much red meat.
And I vape Bedrocan medical cannabis six times a day, but at least I don't smoke weed.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think most people go overboard on supplements. The bottles themselves contain huge quantities and it aims for customers to over consume and buy more. Just my 2 cents
I know. I never took supplements before I got sick. I also have to stay away from oxalate-rich food like Spinach and Asparagus, because my stones are mostly calcium oxalate. I can eat dairy products like yoghurt, but shouldn't take too much milk, et cetera.

I'm not saying anyone should take supplements, but I take them 'under doctor's advice' with regards to a specific medical condition. If you're totally healthy, you should get the vitamins and minerals out of your regular food.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn..One of the very, very few advantages of having African genetics is that all this mambo jambo isn't necessary haha.

I can look at a dumble and vains start popping out of my arms.

Sounds like y'all trying to take shortcuts..just fecking train harder !