Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is dating harder for younger guys these days?

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am noticing a lot more younger guys trying so hard to looksmax and more female favored couple disparities amongst the younger crowd. It seems like girls will only select guys above them in looks smv/the guy has to have his looksmax game on point. Hypergamy was a thing when I was younger, but you could easily walk outside and see that it was being overblown by RP community. I literally saw three young Chads with some busted looking Asian women today lol, what is going on?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am noticing a lot more younger guys trying so hard to looksmax and more female favored couple disparities amongst the younger crowd. It seems like girls will only select guys above them in looks smv/the guy has to have his looksmax game on point. Hypergamy was a thing when I was younger, but you could easily walk outside and see that it was being overblown by RP community. I literally saw three young Chads with some busted looking Asian women today lol, what is going on?
I guess it's OVER even for ChadCels.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's very possible. I think we are seeing a reversal in roles somewhat. Men becoming more feminine, and women becoming more masculine.

A male trying to looksmax is similar to what a female would do. The crop of 20 something females are the fattest most unattractive I have ever witnessed. I see more men that care about their physical fitness than women.

I've been on this forum for 15yrs and witnessed a more feminine mindset in males as the years have gone by.

Last edited:

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's very possible. I think we are seeing a reversal in roles somewhat. Men becoming more feminine, and women becoming more masculine.

A male trying to looksmax is similar to what a female would do. The crop of 20 something females are the fattest most unattractive I have ever witnessed. I see more men that care about their physical fitness than women.

I've been on this forum for 15yrs and witnessed a more feminine mindset in males as the years have gone by.
I wonder if the prominence of the Black Pill and the recognition that, for guys, looks matter, has brought about the embrace of Looksmaxing?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Short answer; YES. Much more difficult now for most men.
I'm less concerned about what Gen Z is going through than my own dating life. Dating is difficult enough for someone in my circumstances. I'm a middle aged man in his early 40s trying to date and have extended relationships. As a 40 year old man, even seducing a 30 year old (past her prime) is an impressive achievement.

Men have needed to focus on their looks more as time has gone on. Back in the 2000s, there were plenty of men focused on their looks as well. I think the competition has gotten more intense over time.

Feminism has promoted women getting bachelor's and advanced degrees and becoming Girl Bosses. These 'Girl Boss' women are leaning more into a traditionally masculine frame.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A male trying to looksmax is similar to what a female would do.
I notice this a lot on the PUA forums, where some guys were constantly seeking validation:

"Should I shave my head or get hair plugs?"
"Which glasses look better, the round or the square?"
"Should I buy a suit off the rack or save up for a bespoke suit?"
"Which hair product should I use?"
"What skincare product to keep my skin wrinkle-free?"
"Rate my outfit?"

I'm not saying men shouldn't groom, but they do act like women. "Does my butt look big in these pants?"

I blame the lack of proper male role models.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's becoming harder for men who are not out living life. But it's easier for guys who are the winners
I noticed with younger guys the ones that are successful are cleaning up like my younger buddy who is 28
THe ones who are not are struggling not just with women and other things
TO many men crying about not getting girls but still living their mothers house, like come on guys

I'm less concerned about what Gen Z is going through than my own dating life. Dating is difficult enough for someone in my circumstances. I'm a middle aged man in his early 40s trying to date and have extended relationships. As a 40 year old man, even seducing a 30 year old (past her prime) is an impressive achievement.

Men have needed to focus on their looks more as time has gone on. Back in the 2000s, there were plenty of men focused on their looks as well. I think the competition has gotten more intense over time.

Feminism has promoted women getting bachelor's and advanced degrees and becoming Girl Bosses. These 'Girl Boss' women are leaning more into a traditionally masculine frame.
The older you get the more important is to stay in shape, Getting 30-year-olds shouldn't be to hard even at 40, I'm 40 and currently seeing a 28-year-old private school teacher it can be done.

One thing I'm noticing at 40 it's harder to lose the love handles during winter for summer compared to your 20s

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
It's harder because so many men play the feminine role and women are sick of being forced to play the masculine role by these dudes and have a short leash with their over emotional BS.

Low T rears it's ugly head.