Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is CURVE Men by Liz Claiborne cologne spray any good? :

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really like curve. I would call it one of my favorite colognes.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
smells piss-like.

ohiofutballa

Don Juan
Reaction score
well assuming we all dont live in Chicago, i think it would be a safe bet to wear it.

Scrumtulescence

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aren't there, like, three Curves? Which one are you talking about?

And I've found that colonges like Burberry London and Lacoste are f***ing loved by girls. Hell, I like the Burberry cologne so much it almost makes me want to f*** myself. The Burberry perfume, incidentally, is one of the few perfumes that really turns me on.

LucidDreamer

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have it and don't care for it, my style's more like Gucci/Envy, Versace/Man, Gurlain/L'Instant, Azzaro/Chrome, Carrera/212

although maybe i'll give it another try.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Getting a cologne because "girls like it" is a horrible idea. Get a scent that you like. You wear it, it's your personality, so why submit yourself to someone else's preference in what to smell like?

That being said, the only time I use Curve is to spray around the room to get rid of the smell of sex. Do a search on "cologne" for advice on what scents you might want to check out - or just go to a department store and smell the test bottles.

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My sister got me Curve (yellow bottle?) as a Christmas gift about three years ago.

It was good stuff...It smelled pretty decent and I got some compliments on it. I'll definately give my sister props for getting it for me :D

On a table of my favourite colonges, it would be in the Top 5. There are honestly some "better" ones out there, but it smells nice and it's pretty affordable - even for college students.

As Vince said, you've gotta find one you really like. For me, it's Hugo Boss, but I know some people who swear by Michael Jordan's cologne to this day. Hell, I used to get this stuff by Navy for a while that I don't really like anymore (mostly because I found something I consider better). It's all a personal choice - If ya like it, get it. If not, don't.

Go to the store, smell the sample, and make your decision.

Scrumtulescence

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diablo
Getting a cologne because "girls like it" is a horrible idea. Get a scent that you like. You wear it, it's your personality, so why submit yourself to someone else's preference in what to smell like?
I disagree with that.....for the most part. If you're going to wear cologne it is important that you get something that a) doesn't disgust you, and b) you like and thus reflecting your personality/tastes (if a scent really can reflect one's personality). However, for one thing, if you don't put too much of it on, you shouldn't even be able to smell it 20 minutes later. And more importantly, let's face it: guys wear cologne to attract girls. Unless perhaps you're just wearing a cologne for around the office to 'smell pleasant', you're wearing it to be more attractive, and in that case your'e wearing it for her, not for you.
The way I tend to go about it is I find colognes I like, and from those I go with what seems to be liked the most.

If I went strictly by what fragrance I liked the most, I'd probably wear nothing but Armana Mania. But like I said, I can't even smell it on myself after a little while, and plus, it's hard to find cheap, even online. :) I tend to try to wear a cologne that is attractive and sexy, yet wouldn't be considered overbearing or offfensive in a more formal or office-like environment. I learned that the hard way with Jean-Paul Gaultier when I was first getting into colognes, heh. The chicks f***ing love it, but damn, that's just not meant for going to class and whatnot.

Oh, and another thing to keep in mind is that there are a lot of fragrances may appeal to this person or the other, but are hated by a lot of people. So when it comes to those ones, don't wear it just because you love it. Although I consider that more of a courtesy thing.

Anyway, I've been looking into getting a new cologne lately, something that's kinda light and fresh, nice for warmer weather (right now I wear Burberry London) and is liked by the ladies yet would be fairly okay if I walked into work with it. Two that I tried were Bulgari Blv and Lacoste pour homme. I'm kinda leaning towards Lacoste, although I really really liked how the Blv smells right off the bat. Kinda reminds me of vacations and swimming at the beach or the pool or something. When first smelled it on the test strip, I almost immediately thought it's what Kramer's "The Beach" would smell like,. :) Oh yeah, I also tried Tommy Bahama, which is supposedly brand new, and thought it was kinda interesting. Almost smelled buttery or something.
Any thoughts on those?

knight56

Banned
Reaction score
Ohh i see....But i want to wear one that smell good..and not to strong..like "out of the shower "type. What up with girls getting hor***** with these sents?? LOL. . Now i will tell you this fact..there been many times when a girl does smells good and i wish i can hug for about a sec.:D

KillingTime

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diablo

I disagree... im trying to attract women, not guys like me so Id rather smell like something that women like.
Take aqua di gio for example, if I didn't know it was so popular that is something that I would NEVER in a million years have picked out on my own, it smells like a fruitbasket and I would imagine that's not how a guy is supposed to smell... but of course women love it.

As far as Curve, it gets a ton of good reviews if you look around but I always imagined it to be really cheap/for kids... I used to have a friend back in 5th grade that swore by Curve so I just associate it with the cheapest crap around like Axe or whatever that the kids are wearing.

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm. I dont know if liz claiborne makes Curve or not

But I wear it. Couple weeks ago a girl commented on it, saying "I smelled good". I told her it was the natural musk of my body. She cracked up. Too bad she wasnt that good looking.

Unfortunately not enough women comment on it. I wear it daily.

Scrumtulescence

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Clairborne also makes Spark, which the 3.3oz bottle of is sold for 9.99 at Marhall's. It's somewhat more, uhh....mature smelling, or something.