Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is airing things out on social media the new normal?

The LadyKiller

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A HB who I met a few weeks ago and I have been talking more regularly as of late. I would say we know each other pretty well now and we certainly seem to be on the same wavelength. I don't think we have had a negative interaction. Until this week.

One night, I send her a very innocuous joke on social media. Nothing risqué about it. Our friends who introduced us all liked it. I wake up the following morning to see that she replied with an entire rant for the world to see about how I harass her (entirely untrue, but not the point). WHAT. THE. F***. Saying this came out of nowhere would be an understatement.

I'm not one to let things sit, so I addressed her attack via text and we straightened the whole thing out. If anyone has an issue what what I say or do, tell me directly, not on social media. She admitted she acted irrationally and took the response down.

This sort of social media shaming has happened to me 1-2 other times over the past couple years, but to a much lesser degree. But I have to ask, is this what women do now? Not say anything to you directly, but then tag and go after you on social media?

Billtx49

Reaction score
A HB who I met a few weeks ago and I have been talking more regularly as of late. I would say we know each other pretty well now and we certainly seem to be on the same wavelength. I don't think we have had a negative interaction. Until this week.

One night, I send her a very innocuous joke on social media. Nothing risqué about it. Our friends who introduced us all liked it. I wake up the following morning to see that she replied with an entire rant for the world to see about how I harass her (entirely untrue, but not the point). WHAT. THE. F***. Saying this came out of nowhere would be an understatement.

I'm not one to let things sit, so I addressed her attack via text and we straightened the whole thing out. If anyone has an issue what what I say or do, tell me directly, not on social media. She admitted she acted irrationally and took the response down.

This sort of social media shaming has happened to me 1-2 other times over the past couple years, but to a much lesser degree. But I have to ask, is this what women do now? Not say anything to you directly, but then tag and go after you on social media?
It keeps her in her comfort zone as it’s not as confrontational as a direct verbal attack and much easier to do…
Another reason to keep online social and regular texts simple and to a minimum. Too much opportunity for misunderstanding to occur.

Last edited:

KingofPuss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes it is. A good friend of mine who is 18 always talks about how a lot of people take all their beef to twitter now. It's to get "clout" or respect or social praise, whatever you want to call it. Because now people want to act like they are the moral authority on every subject.

So I'd say this girl must have wanted something from one of her orbiters. Probably some sympathy or d!ck. That's just my opinion.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Better to let out stress virtually on social media than physically in real life in the form of bullets.

The LadyKiller

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe you're right in that there is an ulterior motive in play. It was very out-of-character. That doesn't change how I handle the situation. Publicizing problems to the world, especially when no one else would otherwise know, leaves no winners in the end. Why bring negative attention your way, right?

Better to let out stress virtually on social media than physically in real life in the form of bullets.
No one is firing bullets lol.

Last edited:

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes because people have lost the ability to actually communicate with each other face to face.

Red Legg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have never had chickbook or any of the major social media accounts I always considered it stupid to tell the world what I was up too.I hardly ever text chicks either I call them.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Yes. Its common now a days.

Its why, when you have her nudes, texts, sexting her **** can end up on cyberspace.

It pedals to girl power. Do not do this nor put yourself in these predicaments.

Mitigate the damage. I am "that guy " she mistakes #netflix&chill as a proposal.

Not my type but thanks for coming.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seriously, when I read my "facebook memories" . I can't help but facepalm myself at the stuff I used to write... a real kid or girl lol. Now, I am an adult.. Facebook are for pictures and "events" I want to remember... but I keep it private (only me)

However, I never understood people who puts EVERYTHING there. Including their "issues''.

I guess they lack in maturity. They remained teenagers who used to do MSN Messenger fights lol.

When I read your thread OP. You said it's the Second time this happens... I would wonder why it's the second time.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing to do with chicks and sorry to go off topic but I encountered a similar problem on twitter with 2 guys I used to work with getting very b1tchy whilst hiding behind the keyboard

They started tweeting me with nonsense that would be irrelevant even if we still worked together …..however the last time I had any interaction with either of them was well over 7 yrs. ago to say it started getting weird would have be an understatement

Initially I dismissed them with uninterested and arrogant replies which I knew would pi$$ them off , they shut up for a while then after another few months one of them started outright getting very aggressive in response to a topic I had tweeted about

The other one soon started adding his opinion too …….at this point I decided enough was enough and told them both to take walk off a cliff and blocked them

U want to know what’s even weirder …….these 2 guys were in their mid-40’s and were actively looking to provoke me into arguing with them on a social media platform LMAO

I’m not sure if its something to do with the fact im now an entirely different person to the one I was 10 years ago or whether they just don’t like seeing people succeeding in life which I suspect is more the case

Either way I find the current social media dynamic very strange I’ve noticed there’s a hell of a lot of bitterness and jealousy on there at the moment

ve deleted facebook and most other platforms but I need twitter for business so theres no escaping that at the moment

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men are physically aggressive, women are emotionally and psychologically aggressive. Their form of aggression is far more dangerous to the victim as physical wounds can heal, but widespread social media aggression can have significant long term impacts.

Both forms of aggression are bad and true indicators of a persons character. Aggression should always be answered the same way...

completely and utterly ignore them!

The LadyKiller

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's too bad this is commonplace nowadays. Your responses certainly prove that. A lot of crazies out there.

I need social media for my job, so as is Bingo-Player's case, I can't avoid it. Today I ran into the HB who started this whole mess. You could cut the tension with a knife. A couple of mutual friends were nearby when our paths crossed. One asked if I wanted to station myself near her because "she might get mad." I didn't care. Another friend walked over and asked if we (she)'s ok. She gave a terse, "nothing to see here" while I changed the topic by making a playful joke.

I do find it humorous that even though she is the HB, everyone finds her in the wrong. And this could have all been avoided if she didn't go to social media to vent her frustrations.

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seems that way, but don't be one of those people.