Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is 30 too old to get good at MMA/fighting?

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not in the pro sense but in more of the being able to hold your own against the typical guy in a confrontational situation if things pop off. Okay not even in that sense but in a more being a respectably okay fighter by the time you are 35.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ernesto Hoost-42, mayweather 40 plus, Holyfield around 60. Glover 40 plus MMA champ. Oke ,these guys are pros competing since childhood, but they also had many wear and tear from being in wars all their lives.

30 is perfectly fine. You may even compete in a amateurish bout with a starter from around your age.

Have fun and remain humble.

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To handle yourself against the average person? Of course. The majority of people don't know how to fight/have not taken up a martial art. Lots of guys who go to the gym and think they are tough but would be flatlined by a person half their size that knows what they are doing.

It's a great thing - even if you don't have aspirations of going professional it keeps you fit and instills confidence. I still kickbox and practice judo.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To handle yourself against the average person? Of course. The majority of people don't know how to fight/have not taken up a martial art. Lots of guys who go to the gym and think they are tough but would be flatlined by a person half their size that knows what they are doing.

It's a great thing - even if you don't have aspirations of going professional it keeps you fit and instills confidence.
Know of any good gyms in the Miami-Dade area?

Veréngárda

Banned
Reaction score
A human male's physical prime is between 30 and 50.

Don't believe this youth-worshipping bull**** people spout.

SOG_85

Don Juan
Reaction score
@Jesse Pinkman I've been training in MMA for about 7 months. It's a great way to get in shape, meet new people, and blow off some steam if you've had to deal with other BS all day. Go for it!

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're only too old if you intend to go pro or fight 21 year old MMA enthusiasts. Or if you're in poor health already for some reason.

BuckledWheel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Not in the pro sense but in more of the being able to hold your own against the typical guy in a confrontational situation if things pop off. Okay not even in that sense but in a more being a respectably okay fighter by the time you are 35.
You’re never too old to keep fit. Any martial arts programmes such as Krav or MMA will keep you sharp into your 40/50’s & you will be able to hold your own. You don’t need to fight you just need to be able to fight.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Professional job. Can’t fight, can’t deal with black eyes and broken teeth. Plus, in 20 years as an adult, I have never needed to fight and I don’t think it’s worth the investment when I could be earning money that means I don’t have to mix amongst people who would want to fight me.

I think the need to do MMA comes from insecurity for most guys. But hey, I am obsessed with making money and career, that’s my own way of dealing with insecurity.

Personally im sceptical because at 12 I got battered by a 19 YO mma fighter who wanted to try out his moves on a moving target. I was literally doing nothing to attract it, and was in hospital for 2 days.

since then I’ve always seen It as a red flag. I have no desire to hurt people, and I think a lot of guys who do it do so because they want to hurt people and dominate them.

I’ve found in the real world it’s very much about who gets the first blow in. It’s more about courage than technique.

I am sure chicks dig it, but it just doesn’t interest me. Plus I’m a massive framed guy so I’ve never felt intimidated much, perhaps that’s why as an adult I’ve never felt the need. I’m big enough to make would be assailants think twice, as although I can’t really fight, I would still be hard work.

I’m sure a tiny skilled fighter would have me on toast, but weight I’ve found is very important . I fought smaller guys as a teen and the punches were like air and they just couldn’t get me on the ground as I just simply walk with them on my back and then rag doll them lol

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally im sceptical because at 12 I got battered by a 19 YO mma fighter who wanted to try out his moves on a moving target. I was literally doing nothing to attract it, and was in hospital for 2 days.

since then I’ve always seen It as a red flag.
I'm sorry that happened to you. The honor and discipline aspect of martial arts is in large part about not beating up weaker people just because you can. No one I ever trained with would have behaved that way, but the sport grew large for a while and attracted a lot of douche bags.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sorry that happened to you. The honor and discipline aspect of martial arts is in large part about not beating up weaker people just because you can. No one I ever trained with would have behaved that way, but the sport grew large for a while and attracted a lot of douche bags.
thanks man. It was a very difficult time for me, psychologically more than anything.

have to remind myself it’s going to create bias in how I view it

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope I really believe with the right supplementation training 40 is a new 20 especially when it comes to endurance sports like triathlons marathons Open water swimming and in most cases MMA

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not just stick to submission fighting or Olympic style judo both very competitive and very prestigious