Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is 2 and a half hours too long of a distance to have a relationship?

Status
Not open for further replies.

orbit123

Banned
Reaction score
I'm gonna be moving away from my girlfriend that I have been with for the past 7 years. The city I'm moving to is 2 and a half hours away. Can we still maintain our relationship or is it gonna be too hard?

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
She kicked you out bro. Man up and find a better girl.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm gonna be moving away from my girlfriend that I have been with for the past 7 years. The city I'm moving to is 2 and a half hours away. Can we still maintain our relationship or is it gonna be too hard?
Yes, that's too much distance. That's not even debatable.

The debatable range of too much distance is typical travel times of 30-60 minutes. Over the years, I have tried to set up my life so that I would only date prospects who lived less than 30 minutes from me at peak commuting times.

That's the bigger issue. With that happening, it's not debatable at all that he needs to start over with new prospects.

orbit123

Banned
Reaction score
She told me she doesn't wanna break up but she wants me out. She thinks us having our own places will better our relationship. For the first 3 years we lived in our own places and it was fantastic. I'm not sure though if she's just saying this just to get me out and then she will ghost

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get it. You are worried about being an incel like myself and subbing to OF and just have her as an option right? In this case it's not too hard to maintain a relationship. If its the best you can do then don't burn any bridges. Otherwise, if you listen to other people that don't have as hard or impossible of a time meeting women as you do, you might end up being alone.

orbit123

Banned
Reaction score
I get it. You are worried about being an incel like myself and subbing to OF and just have her as an option right? In this case it's not too hard to maintain a relationship. If its the best you can do then don't burn any bridges. Otherwise, if you listen to other people that don't have as hard or impossible of a time meeting women as you do, you might end up being alone.
Yeah I don't wanna be alone. She wants me to live I her city and still be in a relationship. If I move 2 and a half hours away I feel like I'm throwing our relationship away. I totally understand about us getting our own places. Living with her hasn't worked but having my own place and dating her did work very well

orbit123

Banned
Reaction score
This relationship is over. Grab your one last ball and ghost heavy. Hang in there, a good better girl is on the horizon.
That's exactly what I needed to hear. Thanks for the positive advice

orbit123

Banned
Reaction score
One bad thing is the city I'm moving to is small. Only about 20k. The city she lives in has over a million. I'm worried I won't have as many options

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She told me she doesn't wanna break up but she wants me out. She thinks us having our own places will better our relationship. For the first 3 years we lived in our own places and it was fantastic. I'm not sure though if she's just saying this just to get me out and then she will ghost
This is the end. Trust me I been there. It sucks but don’t even try to make it work. Find another girl

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One bad thing is the city I'm moving to is small. Only about 20k. The city she lives in has over a million. I'm worried I won't have as many options
You had social proof and positive energy of having a gf over the past 7 years. Did you have any options besides her when you were in that relationship and that city you are moving from?

orbit123

Banned
Reaction score
You had social proof and positive energy of having a gf over the past 7 years. Did you have any options besides her when you were in that relationship and that city you are moving from?
Exactly man! I felt comfortable knowing I had a girlfriend. Now I feel insecure. I'm not a person that enjoys being single for long. I always had options but nothing I would pursue of that makes sense.

orbit123

Banned
Reaction score
This is the end. Trust me I been there. It sucks but don’t even try to make it work. Find another girl
How can I be sure that she doesn't wanna make it work? She keeps telling me over and over that she isn't ending the relationship. I ask her are you sure and she keeps saying that

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly man! I felt comfortable knowing I had a girlfriend. Now I feel insecure. I'm not a person that enjoys being single for long. I always had options but nothing I would pursue of that makes sense.
From online dating?

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How can I be sure that she doesn't wanna make it work? She keeps telling me over and over that she isn't ending the relationship. I ask her are you sure and she keeps saying that
You have to do you and what makes you happy. You said you don't want to be alone, so stay blue-pill with her, take her word at face value, but pursue other options quietly do your red-pill. She did kick you out of the house, so maybe this time you can at least pursue the other options you have but don't break-up with her.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
This is why women try this kind of stuff...because there are plenty of guys like you who believe their BS.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro she’s toying with you

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He does not believe her. He is suspending his disbelief strategically, putting that on a blue-pill box, to ease to prospect of being alone while he pursues other options. Too much information is detrimental to happiness. Ignorance is bliss.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She wants the freedom to fvck other guys that she views are better, but doesn't want to risk not having a safety net till she knows whether one of them will be her new safety net. At which point, it's done for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.