Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

iPhone or Android

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll keep this brief. I just bought an Android, a Moto G Power. I heard really good things about that phone.

But then I realized that I could've gotten an iPhone SE from Verizon. Fvck. I thought they were sold out for pandemic.

So I can trade in my phone for an iPhone if I want.

I hate having to deal with iTunes to upload any song to my phone, and I hear Apple slows their phones down over time to force you to get the new one.

But on the other hand, you get more "clout" from having an iPhone lol. You get clowned by 80% of your peers if you have an Android, that's just the way life works.

Which one should I get, in y'alls opinion? I'm right down the middle iPhone SE or Android(Moto G Power?)

Billtx49

Reaction score
I have the new SE straight outta China, same chip as the 11 but less cost. Quite pleased with it. The battery problem with some older iphones connected to some speed loss in them is over and done.

Fwiw, The iPhone line will always be more secure than the other brands…

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iPhone, hands down. Superior security, the phone iOS is standardized so when you are handed a chick's phone you know what to do, and there is a degree of resale value. Plus its integration with the Apple ecosystem is seamless. It's very convenient to have things like my notes synced across all of my devices.

Android is straight up trash. My first smart phone was an iPhone, and then I switched to an Android phone because it had a larger screen. That phone was absolute trash; frequently the damn thing would open a menu I've never seen before and changed some settings if I didn't lock it in my pocket. I did enjoy the removable battery though.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll keep this brief. I just bought an Android, a Moto G Power. I heard really good things about that phone.

But then I realized that I could've gotten an iPhone SE from Verizon. Fvck. I thought they were sold out for pandemic.

So I can trade in my phone for an iPhone if I want.

I hate having to deal with iTunes to upload any song to my phone, and I hear Apple slows their phones down over time to force you to get the new one.

But on the other hand, you get more "clout" from having an iPhone lol. You get clowned by 80% of your peers if you have an Android, that's just the way life works.

Which one should I get, in y'alls opinion? I'm right down the middle iPhone SE or Android(Moto G Power?)
I've never used an iPhone; always Android, and I've always been happy with the quality. And I otherwise use and like Apple products. I've never had a problem with "clout" or being "clowned" by anyone over my phone. Is it that important? Personally I don't see the point in paying so much money for a phone, but that's me. The iPhone to me also looks clunky and outdated in its design, smaller screen and boxy shape, but that's a purely superficial opinion. Androids charge very quickly and hold their charges for much longer...iPhone users are always complaining about the battery life. Whenever I mention that I don't see the necessity in paying more for the iPhone people say "well I can synch everything with my other Apple products." I've had no problem moving music, contacts, or other files between Apple and Android devices so I don't see that as a reason to get one. Never had a security issue either. Not slamming the iPhone, obviously it's a great product, but I got the cheapest Moto android out there and it works great for me.

I think you can try your new phone out for a month before returning (if it's Verizon), by the way.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Agree that iPhones are more secure because of how it’s drive is partitioned and the operating system partition is locked tighter than sh!t unless you jail break the phone. I know this from my digital forensics background.

iPhones also more stable because of the fact that your operating system and hardware are made by the same company, Apple.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never used an iPhone; always Android, and I've always been happy with the quality. And I otherwise use and like Apple products. I've never had a problem with "clout" or being "clowned" by anyone over my phone. Is it that important? Personally I don't see the point in paying so much money for a phone, but that's me. The iPhone to me also looks clunky and outdated in its design, smaller screen and boxy shape, but that's a purely superficial opinion. Androids charge very quickly and hold their charges for much longer...iPhone users are always complaining about the battery life. Whenever I mention that I don't see the necessity in paying more for the iPhone people say "well I can synch everything with my other Apple products." I've had no problem moving music, contacts, or other files between Apple and Android devices so I don't see that as a reason to get one. Never had a security issue either. Not slamming the iPhone, obviously it's a great product, but I got the cheapest Moto android out there and it works great for me.

I think you can try your new phone out for a month before returning (if it's Verizon), by the way.
Oh dang, I think we may have the same phone actually. I used to have a Moto G6 and it worked pretty nicely. I upgraded it to a Moto G Power.

Honestly, my heart is almost telling me that I want to keep this phone over the iPhone SE. The iPhone SE is much smaller, it dies quicker, and it doesn't have a headphone jack. That gets on my last nerve... what is the point of designing a phone without a headphone jack?

And plus the Moto G Power has that 3 day battery life. That sounds freaking amazing.

I made this thread to get some more opinions, but I'm honestly leaning towards the Motorola.

That's the thing man... where I'm from at least, a lot of people will rib you if you don't have an iPhone. I just thought it was something funny to mention.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Honestly, my heart is almost telling me that I want to keep this phone over the iPhone SE. The iPhone SE is much smaller, it dies quicker, and it doesn't have a headphone jack. That gets on my last nerve...
Nothing new here. Back in the day many people just couldn’t move to a more user friendly Mac computer with the same user software programs available and get away from the Windows cluster-f… It was like a cult, higher initial learning curve, more OS work for user, less security, but Windows is better…

It’s why others rib you about not having an iPhone, it’s the smarter choice, comes in different personal choice screen sizes, and comes with iPhone’s higher level of security when we now have so much financial info and passwords on our phones these days…

The SE ships with wired ear buds that plug into the lightning power port. It’s why they did away with the last century style outdated jack.
If you want to go wireless ear buds, which is now the trend, there are a variety available that are stick in swimming water safe, and good for up to 10m away decent sounding nonApple varieties starting at +/- $40.

Bottom line, you can buy a VW, but don’t think it’s a Lexus…

Last edited:

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tried out an iphone for a week.

Coming from android, it felt like a prison.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Amusing cartoon, perhaps next time you could share some facts for us to consider…

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Amusing cartoon, perhaps next time you could provide some facts for us to consider…
Being able to customize the phone was the deal breaker. Android has a history of being way more open.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's the thing man... where I'm from at least, a lot of people will rib you if you don't have an iPhone. I just thought it was something funny to mention.
You're a programmer....I thought programmers mocked Apple users as dilettantes.

In any case, I'm not partial...I'm typing this on a MacBook, so I know what it's like to pay more than necessary for a sleeker, more user-friendly machine. A lot of it depends on what you're willing to pay for. Check out the reviews on CNET, they usually make things clearer for me.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being able to customize the phone was the deal breaker. Android has a history of being way more open.
I prefer the security features and simplicity of an iPhone.

Also, the iPhone GUI is standardized, so if you have a girls phone or she has yours, you can both easily exchange information in a loud club/bar/whatever.

When I owned an Android, I would also be silently judged for it.

Lastly, I can respond to iMessages (Apple's in-house texting program) on my laptop and not have to be on the phone all the time.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm an iPhone person. I have always been an iPhone person. Most attractive women have iPhones instead of Androids. Some upper tier women are judgmental about phone models.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm an iPhone person. I have always been an iPhone person. Most attractive women have iPhones instead of Androids. Some upper tier women are judgmental about phone models.
Those ladies sounds like stupid high schoolers.

Ramsay haz some words:

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only thing I dislike about owning an iphone is the image association.
If you go anywhere that has free wi-fi, you'll notice that the most pretentious looking people are typically using an Apple product.

Years ago, I bought an SE because it was still up-gradable. Androids in the same price range were not.

I also do not care for itunes. I use a program called "copytrans' and add mp3's that I've created off CD's or downloaded elsewhere

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Ramsay haz some words:

My current city is well known for pretentious behavior. Women in their 20s and even 30s, who are far removed from high school, seem to care about iPhone. The vast majority of attractive women have iPhones.

Many years ago, some woman I was on a first date with called me out for having a iPhone that was a few generations behind the current model. She was nexted.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The music apps I listen to are not available on the itunes store, because they rebroadcast radio stations from the Caribbean, which is an intellectual property violation. Apple is really uptight about that. Also, the nearest apple store is almost three hours away from me, and they make you go through them for any repairs. They have a sick, devious way of figuring out when someone has used a non apple replacement part and then remotely fvcking with them, which they have been caught doing in italy to old phones. They made them stop working so people would buy new ones. Apple is fvcking evil, fvck them.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can either play the game or cry about the unspoken rules. Get an iPhone, fill it with phone numbers/social media messages, and stfu about this entire ridiculous conversation. Do you want to get laid or do you want to be able to customize your menu?