Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

iPhone Focus. Bulletproof to stop notifications?

threeforfree

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve been concerned about awkward pop-ups in my vehicle while using Apple CarPlay while with a date.

I set up a “Date Night” Focus on my iPhone. It blocks notifications from Tinder, Hinge, etc… all the online dating apps. WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, and the stock Messaging app are also blocked except I explicitly enabled family members and people I know would be non-problematic if a message came through while I was with someone. I don’t need “Beth from Tinder” popping up on the display while Tiffany is in my passenger seat. I also turned off Focus Status so anyone else messaging me won’t see that I have notifications silenced. So they don’t wonder why I’m doing that at 11pm when they text me.

My question is… have you ever had notifications slip through and mess up the vibe? Can I trust Focus? I have been using navigation with my phone beside me on the door armrest or between my legs with Bluetooth off so nothing gets sent to the display. But I’d rather use the screen and take advantage of the charging. So I’m trying to make this as tight as possible, while not looking like I’m being overly cautious of my phone.

Also, any other phone security tips to make it appear that you’re not worried about your phone, but in reality you just have it locked down on date nights?

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Ruin the vibe? It might trigger competition anxiety in a good way

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve been concerned about awkward pop-ups in my vehicle while using Apple CarPlay while with a date.

I set up a “Date Night” Focus on my iPhone. It blocks notifications from Tinder, Hinge, etc… all the online dating apps. WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, and the stock Messaging app are also blocked except I explicitly enabled family members and people I know would be non-problematic if a message came through while I was with someone. I don’t need “Beth from Tinder” popping up on the display while Tiffany is in my passenger seat. I also turned off Focus Status so anyone else messaging me won’t see that I have notifications silenced. So they don’t wonder why I’m doing that at 11pm when they text me.

My question is… have you ever had notifications slip through and mess up the vibe? Can I trust Focus? I have been using navigation with my phone beside me on the door armrest or between my legs with Bluetooth off so nothing gets sent to the display. But I’d rather use the screen and take advantage of the charging. So I’m trying to make this as tight as possible, while not looking like I’m being overly cautious of my phone.

Also, any other phone security tips to make it appear that you’re not worried about your phone, but in reality you just have it locked down on date nights?
It works. Put it on car mode

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FFS just use the radio or a phucking CD. The more techy or unnecessarily complicated something is, the bigger the headache.

All of these big tech companies are more concerned with advancing deep state objectives than producing quality products anyway.

adanricci

Don Juan
Reaction score
You're just making up problems at this point. Either care or don't care, it's up to you. Make a choice and stick to it. If you want to be the dude who gets tinder notifications in front of other dates, be that dude, if you don't want to don't.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
I remember this girl many years ago. We had only had sex once before. A few days later we went out and she was like "We are not having sex tonight becaquse xyz" and I was like "Sure. No problem". We were watching TV when I got a text from a hot girl. She was "mad" about it and started making comments which I mostly ignored. A few minutes later she "changed" her mind about having sex that night.

threeforfree

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
FFS just use the radio or a phucking CD. The more techy or unnecessarily complicated something is, the bigger the headache.

All of these big tech companies are more concerned with advancing deep state objectives than producing quality products anyway.
Waze navigation is a necessity for me. I’m dating outside of my typical stomping grounds. I’m not using the phone for music at all. Vehicle doesn’t have built in navigation.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive tried to handle this situation both ways. I finally decided if they see XYZ random girl come across my screen and get offended then it's a good test to see how secure they are. It's like a schit test. See, we can play it too. Use it as a filter, better to test them early.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Airplane mode. Then turn off and check when its clear.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
It’s simple bro, you’re drowning in a glass of water, simply turn off the notifications-I find them annoying as fook. I do not rely on focus.

threeforfree

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s simple bro, you’re drowning in a glass of water, simply turn off the notifications-I find them annoying as fook. I do not rely on focus.
That’s what I had initially been doing. It’s just annoying to go through all the apps and find the ones that need turned off, and then going back later and turning them all back on.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Maybe we use our phones differently. I tend to pull I for as opposed to having it pushed to me. Only a few apps notify anything other than the most important stuff. I feel like if something is important I’ll open the app at my own convenience and check out what’s new.

That’s what I had initially been doing. It’s just annoying to go through all the apps and find the ones that need turned off, and then going back later and turning them all back on.

M

member160292

Just spend 30 seconds to disable notifications from dating apps and swipe left to hide notifications in iMessages from chicks you are seeing.

I’ve tried manufacturing “competition anxiety” with silenced notifications and turning my read receipts on…doesn’t work for me. I feel I get better results from just being who I am.