Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

IOIs clarified

SmoothSmooth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing guys often mistake is what an IOI (indicator of interest) really is. They think an IOI is like a 'flash' which can be easily missed and must be acted on immediately.
Put simply, an IOI is NEVER a single event. An IOI is ALWAYS accompanied by other IOIs.
If a girl looks at you for more than 3 seconds, or compliments you once, or replies to your opener, or likes your instagram pics etc...these are NOT in of themselves IOI because they are singular events. A woman could just have found you good looking and wanted some validation, or wanted some attention or been bored etc
If a woman is actually interested in a man, there will be SEVERAL ioi's - she will compliment you more than once, she will look at you AND touch her neck/hair or look at you twice, she will text back multiple times in a timely manner, she will make worthwhile contributions to the convo several times, she will like several pictures over a peroid of time etc etc
Women have a higher threshold of investment when they are actually attracted and are evolved to give these men a decent chance at seducing them.
so, when texting a woman in the initial stages, look for several IOI's before you ask her out. when talking to her on cold approach, do the same before asking for the number. always remain stoic and grounded, dont jump to conclusions about her interest level based on just a SINGLE/stand alone IOI (which men often do - 'she called me good looking but didnt return my text' 'she dm'd me first on instagram but flaked' 'she touched my arm but has a boyfriend' etc)

Last edited:

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the problem is that women are so timid and so subtle that you'll probably not notice their interest most of the time, unless you're very experienced.

Women are mostly passive and their signs of interest are passive as well, i.e. they'll react positively or negatively, they'll be cooperative or difficult, approachable or closed-off, but they'll rarely initiate anything.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Pretty much any unsolicited interaction if you are out at a bar/club by a woman is an IOI. As in you are hanging out with a friend and a woman comes up to the bar next to you and says something like "Oh my God...you smell soooo good!" or "I really like that shirt you have on...it fits you so nicely!" or "that's a really nice watch you are wearing!"

Those are probably some of the strongest IOIs because not only is she letting you know she is interested, she is letting you know she is interested enough to take the initiative and is inviting you to engage her in conversation.