inviting a girl to a wedding?

usscrum

Don Juan
Reaction score
i've been talking to this girl for a little over 3 weeks now. she's 19, i'm 21 and we go to school about 1.5 hrs apart. i've stayed at her place and she stayed this weekend with me. we've done everything but have sex (she was on the rag this past weekend). she is LTR material so far but obviously that's a bridge i don't care to cross until much later.

anyways, my cousin is getting married the saturday of memorial day weekend (may 23) and i need to RSVP in a couple days and let them know if i'm bringing a guest. i dont feel like sitting with my family the whole time so i want to invite this girl. the wedding is only about an hour from the cities she and i will be living in over the summer.

my question is whether or not you guys think it would be okay to ask this girl to come with me to the wedding. i have only been to a couple and i'm not sure what the guidelinesare for bringing a date.

pua1989

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah seems kinda weird...i mean im sure you could pull it off and have a good time just be ready for the "so when are you guys tyin the knot?" to be thrown at you all night

usscrum

Don Juan
Reaction score
SickAgain said:
I dunno man, she'd have to meet your whole family and everything....seems premature.
yeah that's mainly what i was worried about, but she is really laid back and likes meeting people...i don't think she would get the wrong idea.

personally i just see it as a normal date. i don't have anyone to bring and don't want to go with my parents. i think i could pull it off without sounding weird if i made sure she knew it was a pretty casual thing...but i just wasn't sure if there were any undertones that girls try and pick up on when a guy invites them to a wedding.

by the time the wedding rolls around i'd be comfortable bringing her, but unfortunately i have to invite her like a month in advance.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It will be hard to pull off-she may over think the whole thing. If YOU want a long term relationship,it may be the catalyst to bring it on.Weddings are like chick crack-they love them,dream of theirs,look and plan what they would do different,etc.

Even if you tell her it is a normal date and she is doing you a favor by coming so you don't have a totally boring evening;she will think more is intended.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No. Never take a woman to a wedding unless she's just a friend. Trust me. They read TONS into it.

Also this prevents you from hooking up with any single bridesmaids who may be wedding-jealous and feeling frisky. :)