Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Invest in your body

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Q: How many adults age 20 and older are overweight or obese (Body Mass Index, or BMI, > 25)?

A: Over two-thirds of U.S. adults are overweight or obese.[4]

All adults: 68 percent
Women: 64.1 percent
Men: 72.3 percent

http://win.niddk.nih.gov/statistics/index.htm

That is all.

johnnysmith2224

Reaction score
I'm also considered overweight at 5'7" 160 lbs. I can probably out run, jump, and lift about 85-90% of the people, too... in other words, BMI sucks for muscular people. Just saying.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
johnnysmith2224 said:
I'm also considered overweight at 5'7" 160 lbs. I can probably out run, jump, and lift about 85-90% of the people, too... in other words, BMI sucks for muscular people. Just saying.
True. But how much of that 72.3% of men are muscular men? My thought is not much.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
backseatjuan said:
I lived in Miami since 1996 till 2010 and majority of people there are not fat.
But go to New Orleans and (damn anywhere South Louisiana) Atlanta (Sort of) and there's loads of fat chicks. And in Atlanta, they think they're dimes!

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
^^^No. Louisiana has lots of spicy fried cajun cookin'! It's laid back, but the way I see it, that's somewhere you go when you're successful. Dallas and Miami can also count as this.

Atlanta is full of working people trying to come up. I'm one of them.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a little surprised that there are more overweight men than women. Although that percentage is probably skewed by the muscular guys who are showing up as overweight on the BMI system. And I do think there are more of them than you'd expect. Gyms are a big business in the US.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
johnnysmith2224 said:
That's around what I weigh and how tall I am. I don't think it is quite overweight, more likely around 24-25. BMI is only relevant if you are into endurance type sports and is not that relevant. I would definetly be at single digit bf. Other guys in that height range include Floyd Mayweather, highest paid athlete, Tom Cruise highest paid actor and Mark Wahlberg. All small men with fantastic physiques.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Get the hell out to avoid the stampede" is a more sound conclusion from the quoted statistics than "invest in your body".

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Jitterbug said:
"Get the hell out to avoid the stampede" is a more sound conclusion from the quoted statistics than "invest in your body".

Oi oi oi!!! That's exactly what I did in 2010, @ 245 lbs I went to Russia. With GMO and hormone meat out of my diet, healthy water, and air, I've lost 85 lbs. Sexed a good number of hot looking women, and got an LTR.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it works the other way too.

out of my group of friends that me and my wife keeps and there are about 35 of us total, we are the only 2, her and myself that you would say definatly look like we work out. not all of them are fat, but none have "bodies". some have cute faces some don't. some might have nice legs some don't. there is one dude that we hang with that gets compliments on his scurffy beard but if dude hit the gym with me which i have tired to get him to and he keeps making excuses, dude would be beating women off with a stick.

you have to keep in mind... being rail thin really isn't all that much better than being 20-30 pounds overweight. the skinny guy probably has more defined facial features but neither are what you would call "hot". maybe by HB 5's or what not but not by women i want to be inside of.

and when it comes to being in shape, 90% of americans have no clue whatsoever. even the genetically blessed ones for the most part have no idea how to stay in shape they just are in shape. between guys who think protein is a new form of ebola and avoid it like the plague beucase it's (gasp) not healthy (yet will go out saturday night and drink a 6 pack and not think twice about it) even though they are spending 100 a month on their new fancy gym membership or guys who try to make up for lost time by staying in the gym 5 hours a day lol, or guys who think now that they need to lose weight okay so i am 250 pounds i will now eat a 1200 cal diet that will get me wehre i want quick lol... **** even the ones who try can't more times than not. people who watch their weight yet will kill an entire loaf of white bread and not blink, dumbasses who snicker because you are eating chocolate right after a workout then will proceed to go to mcdonalds and get a salad and put an entire bottle of ranch dressing on it..

like my mom is not fat, she's what, 5'5, 135.. but she's not skinny. she wants to be at 125. she can't get there because she refuses to listen to me when i tell her that she just can't not eat meat lol.

what i am getting at, not only invest time wise, actually spend some money to learn what you are doing. talk to professionals. get a personal trainer, a real one, people who you can verify have gotten the results you wanted. Best decision I ever made was to get a personal trainer the first year of my weight loss. I went from 235 to about 160 in less than a year easily, about 9 months and most importantly it wasn't an accident i know what i am doing.

I mean we talk about how all women have to do is be hot.. **** really for men it's the same thing. if didn't' have a pot to piss in i would not have a problem at all getting laid. **** i was getting laid when women thought i was poor beucase i lived in a drug rehab facility because i was in shape and i groomed myself well.

get in shape. real shape. it will solve 90% of your problems with the opposite sex. you are already dealing from a position of power.

BTW I am 5'8, as of last week 173 pounds. I hover between 169 and 174. Yesterday was a cheat day. The only time I weigh myself now is after cheat days, to see how bad it was lol. Usually I'm about 171. And can easily fit a 32/31 jeans. i haen o clue what my BMI is i'm sure it will say I am overweight. for me i am at my perfect size. big enough to have a defined body and to be able to turn heads, not so big to where i can't fit into stylish clothes.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think being buff is kind of a must for the modern male. A number of people still approach fitness from a purely weightloss perspective, they simply do cardio and train their metabolism to work harder and harder to burn fat. A good friend of mine lost around 30 kg in around 8 months. He got me to help him with a gym routuine, he even had a Men's Health guide which had a year long program with weight training and nutrition that was really well structured. What he ended up doing was basically doing a tonne of running and treadmill work at the gym. He didn't take my advice on hitting the gym and simply became a cardio nut. Anyway one night we go out to a concert and grab a bite to eat. He indulges in a McDonald's Frape. Anyway he says he will have to work it off. Anyway during the concert he disappears to go dancing on his own. Didn't think a great deal of it at first. At the end of the night he is covered in sweat. He must have spent close to two hours working off that frape on the dance floor. This is the mentality of some people, and they don't seem to be able to grasp that spending time on the weights is a far better way to condition the metabolism.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
@020204 - You spent 2 hours on the dance floor with a sweaty man who eats at McDonald's? And now you feel a need to sing his praises to the world? His sweat is toxic waste. It is never ok to drink a McDonalds frappe. It literally contains plasticizers. There is no way to work that off. That will be part of him for life. Fresh squeezed grapefruit juice on an empty stomach, homemade lemonade with Stevia and Distilled Water are the best fluids.

I've found that biking, push-ups and pull-ups are all I need to stay in shape.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
020204 said:
A good friend of mine lost around 30 kg in around 8 months.

Geeze, while in USA I've lost 40 lbs (20kg) in 1.5 months. All I was doing is eating less than 1000 calories per day, easy if you eating microwave launches. Then fitnessmadesimple.com and run 15 minutes every morning. Then at 205 lbs I hit a platoe. Eventually I gained all that weight back once I stopped eating those microwave launches. GMO and hormone meat makes you fat.

But after moving in Russia I lost all that and more by absolutely not working out. No I'm not starving either, just eating healthy hormone free meat and GMO free veggies and fruits. Borsch and soups also make your guts work.

I think Americans are fat because of what they diet. GMO fruits and veggies, hormone meat and eggs, fructose and not surgar, and all other chemicals just make your body fat.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backseatjuan said:
Geeze, while in USA I've lost 40 lbs (20kg) in 1.5 months. All I was doing is eating less than 1000 calories per day, easy if you eating microwave launches. Then fitnessmadesimple.com and run 15 minutes every morning. Then at 205 lbs I hit a platoe. Eventually I gained all that weight back once I stopped eating those microwave launches. GMO and hormone meat makes you fat.

But after moving in Russia I lost all that and more by absolutely not working out. No I'm not starving either, just eating healthy hormone free meat and GMO free veggies and fruits. Borsch and soups also make your guts work.

I think Americans are fat because of what they diet. GMO fruits and veggies, hormone meat and eggs, fructose and not surgar, and all other chemicals just make your body fat.
Actually, you did that to yourself by causing your body to think it was starving and doing everything it could to hold onto fat. Yeah, you lost a bunch of weight, too bad 75% of it was muscle, which caused your metabolism to crash through the floor. Then you gained all that weight back, gaining mostly fat and ending up at the same weight with 10-12 lbs less muscle. Brilliant plan...brilliant.

Stop blaming the food and blame your ignorance of how your body works.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, my BMI is over 30 as I am 5'8" and 191 lbs...I have 11.5% bodyfat and a 34" waist so I usually laugh at those people talking about BMI...it works if u sit on your ass and do nothing, but not if you are in the gym.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jitterbug said:
Unfortunately a lot of westernized countries are going the way of the whale.

marmel75 said:
Yeah, my BMI is over 30 as I am 5'8" and 191 lbs...I have 11.5% bodyfat and a 34" waist so I usually laugh at those people talking about BMI...it works if u sit on your ass and do nothing, but not if you are in the gym.
True I never said BMI is the perfect measure. But I'm pretty sure out of that 70% men that are overweight by BMI most aren't muscular. You are the exception, not the rule.

backbreaker said:
I mean we talk about how all women have to do is be hot.. **** really for men it's the same thing. if didn't' have a pot to piss in i would not have a problem at all getting laid. **** i was getting laid when women thought i was poor beucase i lived in a drug rehab facility because i was in shape and i groomed myself well.

get in shape. real shape. it will solve 90% of your problems with the opposite sex. you are already dealing from a position of power.
100% agree.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:
@020204 - You spent 2 hours on the dance floor with a sweaty man who eats at McDonald's? And now you feel a need to sing his praises to the world? His sweat is toxic waste. It is never ok to drink a McDonalds frappe. It literally contains plasticizers. There is no way to work that off. That will be part of him for life. Fresh squeezed grapefruit juice on an empty stomach, homemade lemonade with Stevia and Distilled Water are the best fluids.

I've found that biking, push-ups and pull-ups are all I need to stay in shape.
I am certainly not singing his praise, it wasn't until the end of the night that I realised he had done this. I didn't spend 2 hours there myself. I agree cycling, pull ups and pressups are awesome. It is about having shape on your body, and doing a moderate amount of cardio. I wish I could tell my friend how foolish his view on fitness is however he just seems to have tunnel vision.