EternalBachelor
Don Juan
I am 19 and have always been the guy with his head in the clouds or in a book. As a teenager I worked extremely hard at school, at the expense of socialising, and being at an all male school I never got any contact with women. While I have always had friends, I tend to take a long time to make friends, as I am not very chatty and am very quiet, and most of my friends are made through common activities such as work and hobbies.
None of this bothered me especially until I came to university and found that these traits seemed to make me hopeless with women. I can talk to women, and am not especially flustered by them, problem is that I am very quiet and serious and think a lot, something which women don't seem to appreciate, preferring the extroverted, more sociable guys.
I have made a lot of effort to socialise, talk to lots of women, and generally become more outgoing, but my time is more and more scarce as academic work pressures grow, and I can see very few tangible results or easing in my comfort in social situations. I still find myself as bewildered and uncomfortable in social situations such as parties, pubs, clubs etc. and as a result my chances for meeting new women are greatly diminished. Most of the societies and my economics classes are male dominated, so I meet very few women there.
I sometimes feel it is impossible for me to change myself into an outgoing, talkative guy who can chat up women with ease, as that is just not who I am. Surely there must be some other ways that quiet guys like me can meet and date women? Surely there are some women who find quiet guys attractive?
Suggestions and advice would be much appreciated.
None of this bothered me especially until I came to university and found that these traits seemed to make me hopeless with women. I can talk to women, and am not especially flustered by them, problem is that I am very quiet and serious and think a lot, something which women don't seem to appreciate, preferring the extroverted, more sociable guys.
I have made a lot of effort to socialise, talk to lots of women, and generally become more outgoing, but my time is more and more scarce as academic work pressures grow, and I can see very few tangible results or easing in my comfort in social situations. I still find myself as bewildered and uncomfortable in social situations such as parties, pubs, clubs etc. and as a result my chances for meeting new women are greatly diminished. Most of the societies and my economics classes are male dominated, so I meet very few women there.
I sometimes feel it is impossible for me to change myself into an outgoing, talkative guy who can chat up women with ease, as that is just not who I am. Surely there must be some other ways that quiet guys like me can meet and date women? Surely there are some women who find quiet guys attractive?
Suggestions and advice would be much appreciated.