Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

intimidation from alpha males

B-Real

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would consider myself a pretty attractive guy. My only problem is my attitude when I'm around other guys that are maybe bigger or more muscular than me. I tend to lock up. I don't express myself to my full potential when I'm in this position.

It seems that lately when I'm at a party or even just hanging out in class I seem to always pick out the more alpha type guys that are around and I automatically feel a competitive impulse come over me. I think its more of a subconcious thing going on.

This is screwing up my game. I know that most guys will try to avoid conflict if its in class and maybe even at a party, but I tend to think that if start to hit on girls that they already know I'm starting conflict. It seems that I can't free myself mentally to go through with the smooth, non-chalant person that I am.

I am needing some assistance because everyday I pass up opportunity after opportunity to meet beautiful girls. And it also seems like that if I do hit on "their" girls that I'm messing up my chances at every becoming friends with these guys.

Any suggestions?

nonchalant

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Change your attitude, be more of a 'guy's guy' and make friends with them instead of always feeling so competetive with them.

B-Real

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah that sounds good BUT I still need to maintain my composure and not look needy and lonely. I don't want to look like the guy that doesn't have any friends and desperately needs a friend you know

nonchalant

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Every guy needs a good wing. If you don't have one then this should be your next priority. Check out clubs, lairs in your area, etc.

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's all in your mind buddy.

Alpha Male or not, just get them out of your mind. You shouldn't be thinking of talking to women as a competition, but as enjoyment.

It's those men who collide heads who never get any.

Now, by no means should you fly low on the radar. But make it apparent what you're there for. To talk to women. Not to go head to head with other men. You're in your own league, and in this league there's no competition, just enjoyment.

Soon enough, your thought pattern will transfer to reality. You will notice less intimidating males, more interested women, and not a worry in the world.

Mjazz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, just talking to some other guys isnt being needy, its being friendly. If they dont wanna talk, then **** them. Why is it competative? Just know that you are better than them.

B-Real

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe its not the guys I'm worried about, its the girls that are around the guys. Its like I know that if I liked a certain girl and I knew that some other guy liked her too that I'm not gonna want the other guy around cause its gonna ruin my chances with her.

but its not that big of a deal. I'm going sarging today on my way to the library. I've sat around long enough reading material.

Its gonna be hard for me though I know that. I'm just gonna stop thinking negative things the whole time.

insanity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
b-real it sucks being goodlooking because i noticed alot of times the big steroid freaks have to eclipse your looks somehow so they pull their macho attitudes out. i think why the alpha males intimidate you is because your greatest weapon could be on the other end of a fist and prettyboys can't have their looks mangled by some brute.

it's not so bad though, i have had my nose broken twice and it added character to my look. if you end up in a confrontation the most damage they can do to your face is bang it up a bit. if all goes to hell just pay a good surgeon to do some repair work.

d9930380

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Make no mistake, you are competing with them! If you want to get a girl, isolate her from both her friends and other guys. She should be focused on you.

Group conversations don't go anywhere and should be avoided at all costs because the guy who will get the girl will simply be the most alpha and the rest of the guys won't pull the other girls because the other girls will have wanted the alpha too.

If you are feeling intimidated, that's because you are being intimidated. They are trying to silence you. They do this via a number of methods: when you start to talk they will try to finish your point so you are silenced, or AMOG you, or stare at you, or simply just give you an impression that they aren't interested in what you're saying. There are more but you get the point. Even when guys are with girlfriends they do this because they don't want the girl to get interested in someone else. **** it's the same with everything in life, job, friends, women. Life is one long competition! These issues all comes from people's insecurities.

What do you do!

Grow some balls and act how you want to act and not how others want you to act.

BTW - Not all people are like this, there are some REALLY confident people who don't do this at all and infact try to lift people up. They seem above it however not oblivious to it - one is good, the other VERY bad.

frisco

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Your letting this idea of alpha and competition mold you into someone who you don't want to be my friend. Its a Limiting Believe to you that if you game on these girls the guys will attack you. You shouldn't even have the idea of this alpha male guy in your brain, for you at least you have the wrong idea of what truly being alpha is and your a contributing factor in this guys alphaness because you have made it aware to yourself that these guys are better than you. See people ask simple questions like this but don't spend the time and focus to answer question them selfs and they belive that we will have some great answer, what you should be doing is asking yourself why you believe these guys are alpha and how can i take this idea of alpha and apply and refrem it to myself so i am the best i can be. See you have made it absoulute in your mind that this intimidation from alpha males is your down fall but this is not so its the ideas that these guys imprint on you that mold you into who you should be for there sake. Peace