Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Interviewing question

tristan22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't study work ethics/law, so I’m not sure what kind of rights I have as a hiree. I have always thought that a potential employer contacting a former employer is a little invasive and completely unnecessary.

Is it illegal for an employer to discuss you, without obtaining permission first?

PiHiPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's legal.

But if they do talk to an old employer and you end up not getting the job just sue your old employer for slander:up:

tristan22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From experience, former employees are usually ticked off when you leave their company. So why wouldn't they try to prevent you from getting a new job--a job of your choice?

THis is why i'm against potential employees contacting former employees. People are bitter in general!

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by tristan22
Is it illegal for an employer to discuss you, without obtaining permission first?
Nope.
Originally posted by PiHiPlaya
But if they do talk to an old employer and you end up not getting the job just sue your old employer for slander
It'd be nice, but unless your former employer actually makes a false statement of fact that injures your reputation it doesn't count. If you were always late and they tell your potential company about it, it's not slander - it's truth.