Internet Dating Stupidity I Cannot Believe It

tlovemoney

Reaction score
I am not sure if I should react to this or not....I will admit I would like to react to it somehow.......

pleasHi. I thought about calling, but this is a kind of awkward topic, so I thought an email would be easier. I apologize if this comes off as less personal than a phone call.
So...I did get your answering machine message and it was very sweet of you to see if I was free on Valentine's Day. I was actually on retreat, which was such a good thing for me.
Anyway, I know I should have called to tell you this before, but I really didn't know how to explain. Retreat aside, I was interested in meeting you, but my dilemma is this: Even with our rather technologically challenged first phone call, I would say that it appeared as though there might be some potential with you. That said, I have begun talking to another man and there seems to be potential for a good match there as well. It's not yet serious and I don't know where it's going, but I am the type who prefers to focus on one relationship at a time. Since I "met" him first, I feel as though I should pursue that relationship first. While I am ever hopeful that the next relationship will be "the one", I realize that I only have a limited time to pursue the options that internet dating poses. So, I would like to know if I have your permission to hold onto your phone number - and if you would be open to restarting our conversation if at some point I am available and you are available to continue our conversation? I apologize again for not responding to your phone call earlier, but I really did need the time to sort out for myself how to handle this situation.
e read!:mad: :box:

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
You never even met this chick yet? You asked her out for v day an you dont know her? And you are raging about getting an actually very nicely and well written response blowing you off?

Your ego is so fragile a small child could probably break it just by calling you a dumb dumb or something. Seriously grow some balls and get a life if you are raging over something so miniscule you really need to do a reality check.

tlovemoney

Reaction score
ok

Julian,

I am putting this in here to show the stupidity of women. It was a simply gesture and it appears that you miss the point like some savage who cannot be trained!

BEAMANRIGHTNOW

Reaction score
Ok

JULIAN YOU ARE WRONG ON THIS.

This woman is trying to play one against the other. It was a simply gesture.

This woman sounds like she has some real issues.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
You little b1tches show some respect to a vet. You are prolly the same guy anyway and yeah son Im a savage and I can't be trained unlike you, clown. Trained like a damn lapdog the only stupidity here is your online desperation, contribue to the forum dont just come here making 1 post about your problems or getting blown off, son.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i hope u didn't just make that account to defend yourself. It's a self help forum and people will state their opinions on the issue. You can choose to take the advice or not.

my 2cents...she's an attention *****. don't feed into her ego. i'd go with no response and delete her number from ur phone and move on.

Brighty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ironic that the alt user's account is BEAMANRIGHTNOW

Anyway, I'm going to go throw up now.

Reaction score
I don't think it's the woman in question who's having issues. For starters because she knows how to write. And well too.

Send her a message to thank her for her honesty. Wish her luck with the other guy. If it doesn't work out, she has your number.

Holy Jeebus, when did people stop to learn about common courtesies and to see polite rejections as such? Accept it with grace and grace is what you'll leave in her mind.

Smile. You're a man.

vitor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree, with Alexander, why burn bridges if you do not have too. The only thing you did wrong was not get a date sooner. Just leave her alone, and if she comes back great, if not there are other of girls out there. If there is every a large party you and some friends are having invite her and some friends to attend..

TheBucketOfTruth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As mentioned, asking someone out on a semi-blind date on Valentine's Day for the first time is a mistake. Besides that, just thank her for her mature response and wish her well.

She may not be blowing you off because she isn't interested. Some women really do just take things (or men) one at a time. Go pursue other women and perhaps down the line you may get a phone call from her if she wasn't simply trying to let you down easy.

LuisGarcia10

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Seems fair enough to me.

She might be attention seeking, but she might just be keeping her options open, which would seem a sensible thing to do if you're meeting people you hardly know over the internet.

COD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
QUICK ANSWER-SPIN MORE PLATES
PROACTIVE ANSWER-never be available on Valentines day
FUTURE ADVICE-U gotta make your date memorable so that thoe other chumps pale in comparison

The reality of Net dating is that women get tons of offers and go on numerous dates. You coulda screen her by writing "U aint 1 of those perpetual multiple daters are you"?

RELAX, the dude might end up being a loser, so U still may have a chance.......just text tease her "howd your date go, is my competition a better kisser, etc"

But be like her and go meet someone else too.

Gibraltar

Don Juan
Reaction score
There was SOOO much BS in her e-mail..it's ridiculous. What took her an entire paragraph should have taken 2 sentences. And guys, some women are college professors, lawyers, columnists, etc. She may be used to writing long, lengthy compositions out of habit. I agree with Alexander and TheBucketofTruth. Give her a SHORT reply, and go on about your business.

The_411

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow why so much vittriol so someone who actually took the time to give an explanation.

If you don't like it then move on leave it alone and chalk it up to part of the deal.

Why anyone would waste time getting angry over this is beyond me.

They are women ... they act like crazy people.

The_411

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow why so much vittriol so someone who actually took the time to give an explanation.

If you don't like it then move on leave it alone and chalk it up to part of the deal.

Why anyone would waste time getting angry over this is beyond me.

They are women ... they act like crazy people.

Ganondorf

Banned
Reaction score
This has got to be a troll but..

Why so much hate in this thread? The women rejected him? so what. Points to her for being very nice and polite and straight up about not wanting a relationship right now. Not very many people are this honest. atleast she had the decency to let him know instead of just blowing him off, or using him for a doormat. that takes class. this woman has very much class.

Like said before. except it with grace, wish her well, and move on. date other girls, and if she comes back to you then great, if not then who cares

you barely even know her