Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Interesting OLD observations the past 4.5 years

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I've been single for about 5 years after ending a 9 year LTR. I've been dating off and on for about 4.5 of those years. So I was out of the game for almost 10 years before jumping back in. Here's what I've noticed regarding my dating efforts:

- It is exponentially easier for me to get dates with women half my age. Seriously. I know, I can hear the chorus now, "Yeah, they're looking for a sugar daddy!!!!" Some are, maybe 30%, whom I discount immediately. The rest just want to date a mature guy who's in shape, has assets, knows how to show women a good time, have sex with an experienced man, and above all has personality and charisma. Most only last for a couple dates/lays and others longer and do want more.

- Women I message and interact with on OLD, who are "age appropriate" are just as picky and flakey as those much younger.

- The most interesting phenomenon is when I start communicating with a woman (age appropriate) on OLD, we go back and forth for a few rounds, and then I ask her out. I usually make/state the day, time, and place. No exaggeration, 90% of the time they go silent and that's the last I hear from them. And these are women 35-45. Really f*ucked up. So, they're on a dating site, respond to me, chat with me, but go stone cold silent when I ask them out. It's a f*ucking waste of time.

- Some older women can get really pissed if you stop communicating with them on OLD. I've been called stuck up, too good to respond, etc. I also got kicked off of Hinge a year or two ago. I was using the app swiping, connecting with some people, chatting, met a couple. Then one day I was informed my account was suspended or whatever. I emailed them and they said they received "too many complaints." I'm like, what??! The only thing I could think of was sometimes I just quit communicating with someone because I lost interest or whatever, just like 99% of the women on OLD do to guys all the time. During communications I was always very polite and respectful. I stated my case to Hinge and encouraged them to look at my communications. They didn't do it and didn't care. I was out. F*ucking s*hit show.

There you have it.

Anyone else experiencing this too?

~Dash~

Last edited:

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've experienced similar things when I used OLD several years ago. I've heard it's gotten worse. I preferred younger women too; the reactions from older women are hilarious when they know you are dating woman much younger.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
- Women I message and interact with on OLD, who are "age appropriate" are just as picky and flakey as those much younger.

- The most interesting phenomenon is when I start communicating with a woman (age appropriate) on OLD, we go back and forth for a few rounds, and then I ask her out. I usually make/state the day, time, and place. No exaggeration, 90% of the time they go silent and that's the last I hear from them. And these are women 35-45. Really f*ucked up. So, they're on a dating site, respond to me, chat with me, but go stone cold silent when I ask them out. It's a f*ucking waste of time.
I've always found it quite annoying when women 30+ exhibit the same behaviors as women 18-25. My attitude on that is "Biatch, if I wanted to put up with this shiit, I'd get it from a younger and better looking woman."

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And these are women 35-45. Really f*ucked up. So, they're on a dating site, respond to me, chat with me, but go stone cold silent when I ask them out. It's a f*ucking waste of time.
I think women 30+ are not online to date, they are online to get validated. Either you have to get them before 30 or above 45. Anything in between is tough.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think women 30+ are not online to date, they are online to get validated. Either you have to get them before 30 or above 45. Anything in between is tough.
Possibly, but paying $25/mo or whatever for simple validation with no intention to actually date seems like a stretch to me.

I think it's more the absolute degradation and erosion of all things courtesy and etiquette when it comes to dating or any form of interpersonal interactions these days. Women feel so incredibly over-valued, on a subconscious level, they don't feel the need to be polite to anyone, really. I see it in business too, today (at least in the US), you can devote a lot of time and effort with a potential customer only to have them evaporate 100% when it comes time to make a business decision.

It's almost become cool, empowering, and avant garde to ghost people personally or even in business.

F*ucking sad state of affairs.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Possibly, but paying $25/mo or whatever for simple validation with no intention to actually date seems like a stretch to me.

I think it's more the absolute degradation and erosion of all things courtesy and etiquette when it comes to dating or any form of interpersonal interactions these days. Women feel so incredibly over-valued, on a subconscious level, they don't feel the need to be polite to anyone, really. I see it in business too, today (at least in the US), you can devote a lot of time and effort with a potential customer only to have them evaporate 100% when it comes time to make a business decision.

It's almost become cool, empowering, and avant garde to ghost people personally or even in business.

F*ucking sad state of affairs.
That's why I no longer work business models that deal with the general public.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I own a company and we serve both the B2C and B2B markets. I see the lack of professional courtesy and etiquette evenly in both groups.
I have two small businesses. I don't mind working to gain customers and not make money right away, but once I start doing business with them I have to get terms in writing in order to keep some of them honest.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I've been single for about 5 years after ending a 9 year LTR. I've been dating off and on for about 4.5 of those years. So I was out of the game for almost 10 years before jumping back in. Here's what I've noticed regarding my dating efforts:

- It is exponentially easier for me to get dates with women half my age. Seriously. I know, I can hear the chorus now, "Yeah, they're looking for a sugar daddy!!!!" Some are, maybe 30%, whom I discount immediately. The rest just want to date a mature guy who's in shape, has assets, knows how to show women a good time, have sex with an experienced man, and above all has personality and charisma. Most only last for a couple dates/lays and others longer and do want more.

- Some older women can get really pissed if you stop communicating with them on OLD. I've been called stuck up, too good to respond, etc. I also got kicked off of Hinge a year or two ago. I was using the app swiping, connecting with some people, chatting, met a couple. Then one day I was informed my account was suspended or whatever. I emailed them and they said they received "too many complaints." I'm like, what??! The only thing I could think of was sometimes I just quit communicating with someone because I lost interest or whatever, just like 99% of the women on OLD do to guys all the time. During communications I was always very polite and respectful. I stated my case to Hinge and encouraged them to look at my communications. They didn't do it and didn't care. I was out. F*ucking s*hit show.

There you have it.

Anyone else experiencing this too?

~Dash~
I had the same fvcking thing with Hinge. I’m guessing the old bats complained about me because I don’t waste time chatting forever. It’s why when I sense a convo is over with a woman on OLD now, I just block before they can report me. Women get scorned for
Real.

the rest I agree with. Younger women have been “easier” ime. But also don’t waste my time

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got off OLD before the pandemic. So IDK how much things have changed. But, my take is that OLD, as an adjunct to IRl , is a valid, enjoyable and worthwhile tool. An absolute game changer in the dating world. Seriously the absolute best social invention in my lifetime.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
These are probably women that are married or in relationships that just want to chit chat with you for validation.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OLD is waste of time any woman under 25 is on there for attention / sex

you have a small window of 25-30yr olds who may be suitable for dating but like i said its a VERY small window

Over 30 is usually crawling with bottom of the barrel single mothers , emotionally damaged , bitter , crazy

take your pick

Hal9000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You see the same attractive women on OLD for years on end. That means they are either waaay too picky or they are just there to be told how beautiful they are 100 times a day by complete strangers. Or they are a dude. Can't ever discount them being a dude with a fake profile.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
These are probably women that are married or in relationships that just want to chit chat with you for validation.
Possibly, but uploading 10 pics on a dating site when you're married or in a LTR is risky, especially if you have kids. I think it's the Paradox of Choice in action; so many guys coming at them at once they honestly can't make up their mind and feel if they commit to one HB8.5 guy for a date, HB9.0 guy will slip through the cracks.

The funny thing is women are notorious for choosing the wrong guy for a LTR or marriage. They seem to choose beta-max blue pill man who does everything she wants and kowtow's to her every need OR abusive alcoholic guy who has no $ and can't hold a job--but he's "exciting" with very few in the middle. She dumps beta-man because she gets bored with his chronic p*ussy behavior and divorces abusive-man after she gets her nose broke for the 8th time, and then starts the cycle all over again.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Possibly, but uploading 10 pics on a dating site when you're married or in a LTR is risky, especially if you have kids. I think it's the Paradox of Choice in action; so many guys coming at them at once they honestly can't make up their mind and feel if they commit to one HB8.5 guy for a date, HB9.0 guy will slip through the cracks.
This is correct. Paradox of Choice/Analysis Paralysis is common for women who have hundreds of options, which most do under age 40.

The funny thing is women are notorious for choosing the wrong guy for a LTR or marriage. They seem to choose beta-max blue pill man who does everything she wants and kowtow's to her every need OR abusive alcoholic guy who has no $ and can't hold a job--but he's "exciting" with very few in the middle. She dumps beta-man because she gets bored with his chronic p*ussy behavior and divorces abusive-man after she gets her nose broke for the 8th time.
Even with hundreds of options on swipe apps, social media, and real life combined, it's amazing that women will still often make a wrong choice. Younger women under 30 will choose the abusive guy most of the time. A 30+ woman will often choose a boring beta male while provider hunting. She resents him but more resents herself for having been in a position to settle for a beta male.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes. Just the other day, I sent a first message to a girl my age, 36, logged off, and got an email that she responded a few hours later.

This morning, I log back on to the site, and see that she unmatched me.

I guess she's too special to have to wait 2 days for a response.
Yeah, exactly. It's worse if they're over 40 and you communicate for a bit. Many will make up s*hit and report you. Total BS.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Emotional creatures(women) struggle to make the right decision. Sometimes it works in your favor, other times not. You're not going to change them. Society always props up the weak(women get free pass, always blame men).

asd77840

Don Juan
Reaction score
This.

I've experienced it over and over and over again. In the world of OLD it's even more pronounced.

And yes, your observations about society in general align with mine. I own a company that serves primarily B2C but we have a meaningful number of B2B customers too. I'm stunned how far norms of respect have fallen.

Regarding your original post in this thread, I too have discovered -- with great disappointment -- that "age appropriate" women in their mid-40's and early 50's are every bit as flakey as girls in their early 20's. Also, most females on the apps have no idea how to communicate. 98% of them give one-word responses. Almost none of them understand how to flirt. Sad commentary on the intellectual state of the country.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess no man with brains should waste time with this age group of females then. If there is no upside as far as effort involved, might as well work the younger ones then.
Younger girls are often more promiscuous as well ;)