Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Interesting article - Why It Was Easier to Be Skinny in the 1980s

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is it about sugar that turns it into fat in the body?

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm certainly no expert but from the research I've done, High Fructose Corn Syrup is what's bad for you since it's not natural and it's processed. So the body doesn't really know how to process it or what to do with it and this is where it starts being stored as fat rather than having it processed and exit out of your body like natural sugar.

From a personal experience, once I cut out regular soda's with HFCS, I definitely lost some fat which was noticeable. However I continue eating things with natural sugars(just at moderation) and I'm still able to keep in shape with low bmi, just going for walks and weighlifting every other day.

I go for what's sustainable and still let's me live life with all the pleasures it can offer. Man has lived with sugar for years and it wasn't until the past couple decades or so where this obesity epidemic has started. I personally don't think sugar alone is what's causing this.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm certainly no expert but from the research I've done, High Fructose Corn Syrup is what's bad for you since it's not natural and it's processed. So the body doesn't really know how to process it or what to do with it and this is where it starts being stored as fat rather than having it processed and exit out of your body like natural sugar.

From a personal experience, once I cut out regular soda's with HFCS, I definitely lost some fat which was noticeable. However I continue eating things with natural sugars(just at moderation) and I'm still able to keep in shape with low bmi, just going for walks and weighlifting every other day.

I go for what's sustainable and still let's me live life with all the pleasures it can offer. Man has lived with sugar for years and it wasn't until the past couple decades or so where this obesity epidemic has started. I personally don't think sugar alone is what's causing this.
What about cane sugar soda?

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha, I also like to blame the baby boomers for a lot of things.
Actually I think it sort of ironic that the baby boomers get all/most the blame, because their parents generation born in 1900 through 30'tes where way worse and made a lot of damage (environmentally/socially etc) than any generation before them. They are almost never mentioned for some weird reason; it's always you the boomers you hear about.

I would blame them for many of the issues we have today as they are ground zero for everything as I see it. The baby boomers simply just took over the torch from their parents and ran with it...

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I think I might've tried it awhile ago. Maybe the flavor I tried wasn't good enough for it to be memorable. I'll give it another try as it would be good to have an alternative to IZZES. Thanks. :up:
It wasn't bad. Some flavors are better than others. The ginger ale is pretty good.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually I think it sort of ironic that the baby boomers get all/most the blame, because their parents generation born in 1900 through 30'tes where way worse and made a lot of damage (environmentally/socially etc) than any generation before them. They are almost never mentioned for some weird reason; it's always you the boomers you hear about.

I would blame them for many of the issues we have today as they are ground zero for everything as I see it. The baby boomers simply just took over the torch from their parents and ran with it...
You are correct. 1910s is where a lot of things went sideways

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Insulin is a fat storage hormone. When you eat sugar or carbs, insulin swoops it up and stores the energy as fat

When you cut carbs, you cut the need for insulin and fat storage. You will lose weight in a matter of days

Basically, the current food pyramid is wrong and you can thank Ancel Keys for that

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Insulin is a fat storage hormone. When you eat sugar or carbs, insulin swoops it up and stores the energy as fat

When you cut carbs, you cut the need for insulin and fat storage. You will lose weight in a matter of days

Basically, the current food pyramid is wrong and you can thank Ancel Keys for that
This is true however the body needs some insulin to regulate body functions like glucose levels and metabolism of carbs, fats, proteins.

Personally I don't think a full Keto diet is sustainable however I think semi-keto style is, as it still allows insulin regulation to happen as the body is meant for.

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is true however the body needs some insulin to regulate body functions like glucose levels and metabolism of carbs, fats, proteins.

Personally I don't think a full Keto diet is sustainable however I think semi-keto style is, as it still allows insulin regulation to happen as the body is meant for.
Agreed. Low carb (not zero carb) is how I roll. As a diabetic I know first hand thats the way to go

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Isn't it upside down? (South Park)